Why are you still single?

Joyride

so, it’s Friday night… nothing much going on.

most of my friends have had long time boyfriends and sometimes I do wonder why I’ve never met anyone who makes me feel “that way”.

I don’t want to meet people through apps, etc because people never get the right impression of who I am and conversations just lead nowhere.

Have you ever felt the same? Like somehow life is plotting for me to stay single and live like this forever.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grumpy Cat

• Joyride

• Bloodflowers.

• ProudLBS

8 minutes ago, Joyride said:

so, it’s Friday night… nothing much going on.

most of my friends have had long time boyfriends and sometimes I do wonder why I’ve never met anyone who makes me feel “that way”.

I don’t want to meet people through apps, etc because people never get the right impression of who I am and conversations just lead nowhere.

Have you ever felt the same? Like somehow life is plotting for me to stay single and live like this forever.

I've accepted it

Being in a relationship isn't everything. I've been in one for 4 years and spend every day wishing I wasn't in one.

UN0m.gif

Just now, fauxtography said:

I've been in one for 4 years and spend every day wishing I wasn't in one.

Then... maybe you shouldn't be in one? :redface:

I don’t actually think about it and I have no desire to date so I guess that’s why. 

6 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

Being in a relationship isn't everything. I've been in one for 4 years and spend every day wishing I wasn't in one.

UN0m.gif

I’m not exactly “wishing” I was in a long time relationship, but I would like to meet some guys out there and know what it’s like to be loved.

I don’t or don’t want a ltr.

7 minutes ago, skyupsahl said:

Then... maybe you shouldn't be in one? :redface:

Who do you think you are? My therapist?

UN0m.gif

I can’t imagine living with someone tbh 

I’m seeing a daddy like a weekend a month and I feel so weird having to be around someone 24/7

1 minute ago, fauxtography said:

Who do you think you are? My therapist?

UN0m.gif

Absolutely! If all your problems are this easy to give advice on I will take a check for stating the obvious :ducky:

13 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

UN0m.gif

What is this hunny..

UN0m.gif

Because I’m too shy to approach people

I’ve also been working from home since the pandemic started and it’s been harder to meet people in person.

cause guys are afraid to commit to me for some damn reason, and the ones who are eventually down to commit to some degree are already in polyamorous relationships in which I wouldn't be a priority, if i were to be added. and, I don't know how to talk to girls!

so yay lol :thing:

this isn't to say that I don't stan polyamory btw! I consider myself mostly poly, but I want to be treated as an equal in a relationship again someday lol

Well for me it’s a combination of reasons-

1. I am very inconsistent with my active dating phases. I would try dating for about a month or two and go on a couple of dates. And when they don’t pan out I pause dating for years at a time.  :deadbanana4:

2. I notice that a lot of the guys I go out with are emotionally unavailable and that usually leads to very uneven power dynamics where someone gives more than the other person.
I recognize that this might be an issue I need to correct because  my taste seems to be trash. Usually people can’t match my energy. Even when I tone it down. I’m a bit more aggressive with weeding these guys out so I don’t waste my time. 

3. I believe in monogamy. I don’t compromise on this core value at all. I would compromise on a lot of things but on monogamy their is no room for negotiation. So that usually wipes out a lot of guys who want to just have fun. 

I think I know if I put a LOT more effort into dating and really go all in I could maybe find someone who is compatible and shares the same core value that I do. But honestly most of the time I’m just not motivated enough to even try. :rip:

Edited by suneclipse121

45 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

What is this hunny..

UN0m.gif

Dead bedroom, dead relationship, spend more time being irritated than enjoying my time. Getting together feels like the biggest chore. You know! :gaycat6:

16 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

Dead bedroom, dead relationship, spend more time being irritated than enjoying my time. Getting together feels like the biggest chore. You know! :gaycat6:

I don't know! But let it out hunny!

UN0m.gif

im a *****

1 hour ago, Danny789 said:

I don’t actually think about it and I have no desire to date so I guess that’s why. 

This

men are so dry on all dating apps and im tired of them wanting s*x on the first date. i can go on but trying to date especially where i live is annoying

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.