Carly Rae Jepsen - 'The Loneliest Time'

BlackoutZone

Yeah it always made sense to release the album earlier but now it's undeniable. Hope she can work out the logistics and push it up a week or two. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kamil24

• mystery

• smoore95GAGA

• TheBoss

She's in a very bad position right now. If she moves the album ahead she has Ava, The 1975 and Tove Lo. The other option is to move it two weeks ahead or push it a week later :rip:

doesn't matter where this gets moved its not gonna be a number 1 album. Just be glad Carly is releasing quality

She should release this either late September, early October or early November. Every other week is packed 

8 minutes ago, Sky Engineer said:

doesn't matter where this gets moved its not gonna be a number 1 album. Just be glad Carly is releasing quality

Exactly. I’m not quite sure why people are so worried about chart positions all of a sudden? :skull: This was never gonna pull big numbers to begin with. 

3 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Exactly. I’m not quite sure why people are so worried about chart positions all of a sudden? :skull: This was never gonna pull big numbers to begin with. 

It's less about chart placement and more just about music fans (and the press)'s mental space and capacity. A Taylor album is going to dominate conversation in pop culture for the entirety of release week and completely shove Carly's album into a black hole. 

I can see her moving the release up a week (if she has the vinyls ready) to cause gay meltdown with this, Tove and Ava all on the same day. 

I have conflicting feelings on her moving the album release. Is a Carly Rae album in 2022 going to challenge Taylor Swift for the #1 spot? No. Is it even going to debut in the top 20? Probably not. We're looking at a #30 debut with 12K first week units. Why bother changing the date.

20 minutes ago, Boysdontcry said:

I have conflicting feelings on her moving the album release. Is a Carly Rae album in 2022 going to challenge Taylor Swift for the #1 spot? No. Is it even going to debut in the top 20? Probably not. We're looking at a #30 debut with 12K first week units. Why bother changing the date.

It's not about charts, of course. It's mainly because Taylor's release is going to capitalize everything, from pop listeners (and that could even affect her streams-wise for example) to critics who may end up skipping Carly's release or just highlighting it less than they normally should.

21 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Carly... move this a week ahead please

Honestly, this album rollout is so unorganized. The tour being before the album is released, the album coming out in the middle of the tour.... she needs to move it a week up or so. 

Edited by Mellark

The album release date is dependant on physicals production which we know how slow is nowadays while tour is dependant on venues availability and transport logistics, I guess it's hard to coordinate them perfectly for smaller artists

lengths and upcoming drop

Surrender My Heart - 2:48 (Explicit)

Joshua Tree - 2:29

Talking To Yourself - 2:53

Far Away - 2:59

Sideways - 2:16

Beach House - 2:29

Bends - 3:15

Western Wind - 3:45

So Nice - 3:39

Bad Thing Twice - 3:13

Shooting Star - 3:19

Go Find Yourself On Whatever - 4:44

The Loneliest Time - 4:34

Anxious - 2:57

No Thinking Over The Weekend - 4:42

Keep Away - 4:02

and according to Apple Music

Talking To Yourself \ 16.09.2022 - Carly Rae Jepsen, Ryan Rabin, Benjamin Berger and Simon Wilcox

Edited by sam.teas

It makes sense for Carly to move the album up because her listeners almost completely overlap with Taylor's, they virtually occupy the same lane of pop music.

It's not necessarily about the sales per se, but for Carly, this really runs the risk of diminishing the amount of people who do check out the album that week.

Edited by Obsession

11 minutes ago, kingofallbirds said:

is talking to yourself the bop people have been teasing?

what do you know about this song @BlackoutZone

On 8/29/2022 at 5:35 AM, Imaginary Friend said:

Yeah it always made sense to release the album earlier but now it's undeniable. Hope she can work out the logistics and push it up a week or two. 

On 8/29/2022 at 6:22 AM, Tyrion_LMG said:

She's in a very bad position right now. If she moves the album ahead she has Ava, The 1975 and Tove Lo. The other option is to move it two weeks ahead or push it a week later :rip:

it doesnt matter what week its out it will always have compeition. It was never going to be #1 anyway

4 hours ago, sam.teas said:

Hide contents

Talking To Yourself \ 16.09.2022 - Carly Rae Jepsen, Ryan Rabin, Benjamin Berger and Simon Wilcox

nice to see plenty of songs over 3 mins tbh others should take notes

11 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Yes Talking to Yourself is a classic Carly bop

Thank you king.

I need something! Western Wind can only do so much for me.

She needs to push the release up a week.

This has nothing to do with sales.

In the age of streaming the debut week is crucial for the lifespan of an album cause everyone will move on to new stuff as soon as possibile.

1 hour ago, BlackoutZone said:

Yes Talking to Yourself is a classic Carly bop

Best song vocal wise? :gaycat:

The problem about the artists bunched between 7th-21th October is that they are not big sellers, but their success depends mostly on critics and first week talking. Taylor is going to capitalize everything, being in the spotlight.

Artists like Tove, Ava or Carly are good examples of this. I will listen to all of them, but it will be difficult to dive into their art as much as I wish. October is literally a battlefield. 

I wish Dirt Femme was released this summer.

11 hours ago, sam.teas said:

Hide contents

It's interesting that, FOR THE MOST PART, the songs get longer as the album goes on. Hopefully, the shorter songs don't have the same problem as Beach House. I love that song, but it was edited down to be too short. The second verse needed another line, and the last chorus needed to go on a little bit longer, as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.