• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZIVERT

• Protocol

• Illuminati

• Bosque

10 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

the braindead katy stan in here implying that Ukrainian men have no interest in defending their home, language, culture, etc. from Russian chauvinism that has lasted for centuries, most egregiously when Stalin starved millions in Ukraine in the 1930s and when Ukrainians were literally denied the ability to use their own language:rip:

They didnt say that

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

men cant even flea if they want to. do you think its fair to be held captive and potentially die when you dont want to fight in a war you genuinely have no interest in? ukrainian civillians are not stakeholders in this war. its about money. 

But they are conscripts

5 minutes ago, AlanRickman1946 said:

They didnt say that

But they are conscripts

Of course they have to use conscription, they're fighting a much larger army so they can't just allow able men to leave :rip: That user literally said that Ukrainian civilians aren't stakeholders in this war. You have to know nothing of Ukrainian history and the rapid rise of Ukrainian patriotism in the last couple of decades to think that Ukrainians are unwillingly fighting the war. I've been to Ukraine several times and most Ukrainians who aren't from the far east would probably rather die than see Russia take control of the country again

20 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

the braindead katy stan in here implying that Ukrainian men have no interest in defending their home, language, culture, etc. from Russian chauvinism that has lasted for centuries, most egregiously when Stalin starved millions in Ukraine in the 1930s and when Ukrainians were literally denied the ability to use their own language:rip:

The fact someone compared this to Stalin-era propaganda just shows how tone deaf and brain dead some of these users are. Stalin literally genocided millions of Ukrainians in the Holodomor :skull: 

36 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

Of course they have to use conscription, they're fighting a much larger army so they can't just allow able men to leave :rip: That user literally said that Ukrainian civilians aren't stakeholders in this war. You have to know nothing of Ukrainian history and the rapid rise of Ukrainian patriotism in the last couple of decades to think that Ukrainians are unwillingly fighting the war. I've been to Ukraine several times and most Ukrainians who aren't from the far east would probably rather die than see Russia take control of the country again

Why are you twisting my words? I never justified Russia invading Ukraine i just stated that i believe in the right that every person should be allowed to seek refuge which Zelensky denies. My close family has a female Ukrainian woman in their house with her children and unfortunately she was seperated from her husband, even tho both wanted to flea. Not all men have interest in fighting and potentially dying during a war. Why would anyone deny this?

And yes i believe you are exploiting yourself with a heroic narrative posing on literal war fields where your own civilians shed blood on for the cover of a FASHION magazine. Thats not even representation anymore. Thats disgusting and glorifying war. A shameful act

The whole western world ignoring what of a clown and tragic polititian this anti-pregressive anti-democratic man is just because they got to play victim against America's enemy. A total case of the enemy of my enemy is my friend///. 

ps. he can get it anytime tho. wreck me daddy

He has been cirngy as hell to me ever since he did that grammy speech. 

I'm glad most of the American people are waking up. Some of the literal Ukrainian propaganda (and I don't mean the Vogue photoshoot) posted by neolibs here tho :clownny:

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

1 hour ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

I'm glad most of the American people are waking up. Some of the literal Ukrainian propaganda (and I don't mean the Vogue photoshoot) posted by neolibs here tho :clownny:

Sorry but who is this directed at? Because ironically the only one arguably platforming propaganda is... You :deadbanana:

Again. If the criticism of Americans or Westerners at large is a line of inquiry about their tax dollars going to Ukraine, I can understand that (especially if it's a question about why that money isn't being used to materially benefit domestic citizens) - I can empathize with that point of view. And I get that frustration. 

That's not what you're doing though. So many of your obscure tweets are particularly directed at Zelensky, and by extension Ukrainians, to make him/them look like corrupt, immoral tricksters aiming to guzzle money from naive children of the West. Look at some of the twitter accounts you've posted in this very thread. Just a glance at their TLs will suffice. 

I'm asking you honestly - what is the end goal? Is this concern rooted in your own life not being materially improved by what is your tax money, OR is it to usher in apathy and malignance towards Ukraine as proxy to then justify Ukrainian suffering? That the "anti-democratic, corrupt, Nazi housing" (which are all issues, yes) country of Ukraine then deserves the suffering - something the world at large disagrees on? 

Because I hate to break it to you - Ukraine could be the most immoral, drug fueled mafia state there is to exist on earth and yet a) the invasion and war crimes commited by Russia would still remain illegal and b) it wouldn't justify a thing. And this is true for all of Americas "enemies", and this is without getting into the cartoonish mess of Russia being the one "correcting" these problems with Ukraine via... murder :toofunny2: 

Edited by Phantom

Unnecessary

4 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

men cant even flea if they want to. do you think its fair to be held captive and potentially die when you dont want to fight in a war you genuinely have no interest in? ukrainian civillians are not stakeholders in this war. its about money. 

Plenty of Ukrainian men fled Ukraine weeks before war and even now they can bribe border guards to escape. If they decided to stay in Ukraine they have EVERY interest to fight and Zelensky is not at fault for this war nor for the concept of war. Blame Putin

11 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Sorry but who is this directed at? Because ironically the only one arguably platforming propaganda is... You :deadbanana:

Again. If the criticism of Americans or Westerners at large is a line of inquiry abut their tax dollars going to Ukraine, I can understand that (especially if it's a question about why that money isn't being used to materially benefit domestic citizens) - I can understand that point of view. And I get that frustration. 

That's not what you're doing though. So many of your obscure tweets are particularly directed at Zelensky, and by extension Ukrainians, look like corrupt, immoral tricksters aiming to guzzle money from naive children of the West. Look at some of the twitter accounts you've posted in this very thread. Just a glance at their TLs will suffice. 

I'm asking you honestly - what is the end goal? Is this concern rooted in your own life not being materially improved by what is your tax money, OR is it to usher in apathy and malignance towards Ukraine as proxy to then justify Ukrainian suffering? That the "anti-democratic, corrupt, Nazi housing" (which are all issues, yes) country of Ukraine then deserves the suffering - something the world at large disagrees on? 

Because I hate to break it to you - Ukraine could be the most immoral, drug fueled mafia state there is to exist on earth and yet a) the invasion and war crimes commited by Russia would still remain illegal and b) it wouldn't justify a thing. And this is true for all of Americas "enemies", and this is without getting into the cartoonish mess of Russia being the one "correcting" these problems with Ukraine via... murder :toofunny2: 

These are the same ATRLers that deny that holodomor even happened, so I'm not surprised by the constant need to dehumanize Ukrainians :toofunny3: This place got infested fast, any moment now they will pretend this war didn't exist either, and I already saw someone claiming that this is all just a 4D chess play for Zelenskyy to sell his country to Russia :dies: It's getting weird, it's giving 4chan

5 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

These are the same ATRLers that deny that holodomor even happened, so I'm not surprised by the constant need to dehumanize Ukrainians :toofunny3: This place got infested fast, any moment now they will pretend this war didn't exist either, and I already saw someone claiming that this is all just a 4D chess play for Zelenskyy to sell his country to Russia :dies: It's getting weird, it's giving 4chan

Wait is holodomor denial a thing :rip: are y'all on Russia's payroll

i think the one thats craziest is the one where shes posing with the soldiers in front of a bullet riddled plane. like babe what ?

5 hours ago, Dephira said:

The story is online btw if anyone cares to actually read it instead of clutching their pearls and waxing poetic about how this is totally inappropriate or "glamorizes" the war 

Portrait of Bravery: Ukraine’s First Lady, Olena Zelenska | Vogue

the story would've been fine without the high-fashion annie liebovitz photos.

people are complaining about the photos and how they're glamourous (because they ARE, thats literally annie's signature style) NOT the words.

Tone deaf and ridiculous. Some of you clowns in here talking about "raising awareness" when we Americans (This was for US Vogue correct?) are already HYPER AWARE of this war seeing as our economy has completely tanked, gas prices are sky high, inflation is hitting records, cost of living is becoming unlivable for most. You go to a random ass store, you drive down a street and you see billboards "Pray for Ukraine" and on top of that our country is giving like 40B+ worth of aid and help to Ukraine. 

This is ridiculous and unnecessary. I feel for the people, but to tank our own economy to do so is WILD, especially given how little America does for black and brown people across the world who suffer from worse things. 

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

Do you actually believe this vogue shoot or any or the millions of articles out every day talking about “Ukrainian heros” are not propaganda? Propaganda is not just things the side you consider the villain says. Both sides use propaganda. Ukrainian propaganda is everywhere, you cannot scape it. But keep loving the Ghost Kiev and such.
The thounsands and thousands of tweets that appear to me everyday with people

saying things such as “Russians as subhuman barbaric mongols and Ukrainians are real Europeans”. And I, as an Argentinian, have to read these things amd think it’s pretty to see people who think they are better than other beacause they are “Europeans”. Neolibs call people like me uncivilised everyday to defend Ukraine, because we aren’t part of the “Western world”. 

49 minutes ago, yonsé said:

the story would've been fine without the high-fashion annie liebovitz photos.

people are complaining about the photos and how they're glamourous (because they ARE, thats literally annie's signature style) NOT the words.

However anyone here has yet to give a single reason as to why it's problematic to have these "high-fashion" photos. Annie Leibovitz is a famous photographer, so I don't see how it's outrageous for her to do a high-profile story on anyone, be it a celebrity or anyone else. 

28 minutes ago, Dephira said:

However anyone here has yet to give a single reason as to why it's problematic to have these "high-fashion" photos. Annie Leibovitz is a famous photographer, so I don't see how it's outrageous for her to do a high-profile story on anyone, be it a celebrity or anyone else. 

i think it's pretty self explanatory why posing a high-fashion shoot in an active warzone is not an authentic view of the conflict. annie is known for basically photoshopping her images as full compositions, which, in fashion is fine, but she isn't a photojournalist. that's the issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.