Instagram confirms it wants to be Tiktok, gets dragged in replies

James_Dean

i only open instagram when i'm super bored but it's so annoying with them pushing videos down my throat and what's more annoying is 80% of these videos are just some chinese companies advertising fake products 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Ricardo1993

• Domination

• Archetype

their algorithim for recommended content is super aggressive. i purposely try not to like or engage with things i don't like in fear it will dominate my explore page the next day :deadbanana2:

I know TikTok is big right now but I honestly don’t think it will have longevity like Twitter. I can see TikTok fizzling out sometime in 2025 or 2026. Twitter will still be around. Truly the cockroach of social media apps.

16 hours ago, infrared said:

Instagram is dying - it became too artificial 

the reason why Twitter and TikTok thrive is because they’re mostly just fun takes on life.

not surprised Facebook is ruining it, he’ll be out of a job soon :rip:

it’s like when Snapchat added an entire news section. :deadbanana4: 

I don’t think comparing TikTok to Twitter is the best comparison. TikTok will likely decline like Snapchat sometime in 2025 or 2026 while Twitter will prevail and continue to be popular throughout the decade. 

10 hours ago, Domination said:

Tiktok is huge now but they too will fade eventually. Honestly watching IG just turn in to a discombobulated mess has been super disappointing. 

That’s what I tell everyone too. The fact that some people actually think TikTok will be around 10 years from now :rip: the only app that has consistently remained revenant is Twitter and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. Twitter is still widely used worldwide and still plays a vital role in entertainment.

5 minutes ago, Ricardo1993 said:

That’s what I tell everyone too. The fact that some people actually think TikTok will be around 10 years from now :rip: the only app that has consistently remained revenant is Twitter and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. Twitter is still widely used worldwide and still plays a vital role in entertainment.

Agree. If Twitter ever does become privately owned, I honestly think it’ll continue to be the most consistent social media. Shareholders are the reason all these other apps have been driven into the ground.

instagram is dead since like 2017/18

23 hours ago, Katy V.! said:

TikTok algorithm not only being absurdly efficient but also making all the other social networks implode :rip:

But yeah, when TikTok made a separate tab for "friends/people you know" I knew it was game over for IG. They're just ridiculously good at it. 

Yeah Instagram is over (it's BEEN dying since 2020/2021-- but the pivot to video just sped up its demise).

Reels is horrible and just full of old, reposted Tiktoks, the Feed is chock-full of ads and suggested posts from annoying influencers (yuck).

:deadbanana2:

It's becoming FB where most young ppl keep an account just because-- but no one spends time on there.

Only ppl sticking w/IG are older users who don't want to "get a Tiktok rah rah."

It's DEAD for everyone else. :biblio:

Edited by Damien M

On 7/27/2022 at 9:32 PM, Ricardo1993 said:

I don’t think comparing TikTok to Twitter is the best comparison. TikTok will likely decline like Snapchat sometime in 2025 or 2026 while Twitter will prevail and continue to be popular throughout the decade. 

On 7/27/2022 at 9:35 PM, Ricardo1993 said:

They won't fizzle out anytime soon. They recently just phased out e-commerce live streaming in SEA and it's been extremely successful despite retracting their plans for US/UK. TikTok has huge number of users per country as well (USA: 136M, Indonesia: 100M Brazil: 73M, Russia: 51M) compared to Twitter which will decline in the next 5 years (USA: 76M, Indonesia: 18M, Brazil: 19M). As for TikTok, there is still huge room for growth in countries in South Korea and Japan which are now on track. The thing about TikTok is that, it has carefully planned its strategy specifically for different market areas. 

When I posted a long time ago here that TikTok will surpass most apps including Youtube according to forecast, none of the users here believed me :rip: TikTok isn't Vine or Musica.ly, it's literally on its way to become e-commerce giant. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.