Elton John & Britney Spears - "Hold Me Closer"

nathanspears

Just enjoy both Cold Heart and Hold Me Closer ( I do, and I am grateful lol).

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Erreur2 La Nature

• Alexz

• Ghiles

1 minute ago, J-esper said:

Damn if he needs to Grow some balls maybe you need to be castrated, damn what a cockiness .

OT: I still wonder if Cirkut and Watt were the right producers, but nice effort. Hope it is a hit for brir

A Dua avi, omggg f*ck off loser 

5 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

That Bebe Rexha song did +2.4M in less than 24hrs :dancehall:  it's enough for a Top 20 on Spotify tomorrow. How can we see the number of playlists for a song? :kitty:

Ita Sub Eng — Let's make a prayer circle so that no one dies....

https://twitter.com/BebeRexha/status/15633550492

Bebe posted this at 10:37 PM EST though. I think this includes streams for the whole day where as Elton posted his screenshot much earlier in the day. 

5 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

That Bebe Rexha song did +2.4M in less than 24hrs :dancehall:  it's enough for a Top 20 on Spotify tomorrow. How can we see the number of playlists for a song? :kitty:

Ita Sub Eng — Let's make a prayer circle so that no one dies....

https://twitter.com/BebeRexha/status/1563355049266331650?s=20&t=nyjbHPAKMjwMHAdlYvZ5pg

Artists can post live counters. Elton posted one on his Instagram story 19 hours ago when they passed 1 million. They seem to be doing better than Bebe, but we won’t know for sure until numbers come out tomorrow.

This is smashing, rising very quickly everywhere on Apple Music :eek:

Apple Music:
#1 Ireland (NE)
#1 New Zealand (+53)
#3 Brazil (NE)
#3 United Kingdom (NE)
#5 Australia (+72)
#5 Canada (NE)
#7 Netherlands (NE)
#13 Switzerland (NE)
#20 Germany (NE)
#43 United States (NE)
#44 Belgium (NE)
#56 Spain (NE)
#62 South Africa (NE)
#64 Italy (NE)
#66 Mexico (NE)
#72 France (NE)

1 minute ago, Protocol said:

Apple Music:
#1 Ireland (NE)
#1 New Zealand (+53)
#3 Brazil (NE)
#3 United Kingdom (NE)
#5 Australia (+72)
#5 Canada (NE)
#7 Netherlands (NE)
#13 Switzerland (NE)
#20 Germany (NE)
#43 United States (NE)
#44 Belgium (NE)
#56 Spain (NE)
#62 South Africa (NE)
#64 Italy (NE)
#66 Mexico (NE)
#72 France (NE)

The US number is the most shocking to me to be honest. 

Just now, iheartBrit said:

A Dua avi, omggg f*ck off loser 

You are the loser in this thread. You act like a passive aggresive 10 year old kid. Instead of focusing on avatars and one of the artists someone stans, you seem to not be able to have any normal balanced discussion. You make the most delusional claims and doing yourself absolutely no favors. Someone can actually love Both acts. If you are any age over 10, please seek help. Because you obviously need mental guidance if this song and it's discussion can get you so heated.

Maybe take a long shower and song with that appearently great voice that you have some selfempowerment song and touch some grass 

In the meantime decent people can actually discuss the song. 

3 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Apple Music:
#1 Ireland (NE)
#1 New Zealand (+53)
#3 Brazil (NE)
#3 United Kingdom (NE)
#5 Australia (+72)
#5 Canada (NE)
#7 Netherlands (NE)
#13 Switzerland (NE)
#20 Germany (NE)
#43 United States (NE)
#44 Belgium (NE)
#56 Spain (NE)
#62 South Africa (NE)
#64 Italy (NE)
#66 Mexico (NE)
#72 France (NE)

#1 in New Zealand :eek: and the jump in Australia! She hasn't done well in both of those countries in a long time! :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Apple Music:
#1 Ireland (NE)
#1 New Zealand (+53)
#3 Brazil (NE)
#3 United Kingdom (NE)
#5 Australia (+72)
#5 Canada (NE)
#7 Netherlands (NE)
#13 Switzerland (NE)
#20 Germany (NE)
#43 United States (NE)
#44 Belgium (NE)
#56 Spain (NE)
#62 South Africa (NE)
#64 Italy (NE)
#66 Mexico (NE)
#72 France (NE)

When do we get the Spotify numbers?

Cold Heart and this song should never be compared. Cold Heart is literally perfection.

10 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Apple Music:
#1 Ireland (NE)
#1 New Zealand (+53)
#3 Brazil (NE)
#3 United Kingdom (NE)
#5 Australia (+72)
#5 Canada (NE)
#7 Netherlands (NE)
#13 Switzerland (NE)
#20 Germany (NE)
#43 United States (NE)
#44 Belgium (NE)
#56 Spain (NE)
#62 South Africa (NE)
#64 Italy (NE)
#66 Mexico (NE)
#72 France (NE)

To put in the perspective regarding the US.

Britney and Elton are at #43, and ahead of them there are 16 DJ Khaled and 6 Bad Bunny songs. Excluding those two artists, they would be at #21. The song is doing great considering it’s a pop song on a male and non-pop dominated chart. And Hold Me Closer is still rising nevertheless.

Edited by °ColdFire°

3 hours ago, iheartBrit said:

This is also 10x better than Cold Heart, no wonder Dua hasn't posted about it, she's probably fuming:biblionny:

Yeah because Dua Lipa would be fuming over a Britney Spears song in 2022 :laugh:

the things y’all come up with. Come back to reality sis

Just now, LanaXtinaFan said:

Cold Heart and this song should never be compared. Cold Heart is literally perfection.

Ok, thanks for letting us now, LanaXtinaFan.

3 minutes ago, ToMmY said:

In about 12 hours I believe. I will eat my hat if this doesn't debut in the Top 10 on Spotify. Almost Top 40 is really good for this kind of song on Apple Music.

3 minutes ago, ToMmY said:

In like 6 hours? 

13 minutes ago, J-esper said:

You are the loser in this thread. You act like a passive aggresive 10 year old kid. Instead of focusing on avatars and one of the artists someone stans, you seem to not be able to have any normal balanced discussion. You make the most delusional claims and doing yourself absolutely no favors. Someone can actually love Both acts. If you are any age over 10, please seek help. Because you obviously need mental guidance if this song and it's discussion can get you so heated.

Maybe take a long shower and song with that appearently great voice that you have some selfempowerment song and touch some grass 

In the meantime decent people can actually discuss the song. 

Nah, I was just calling out the posters saying Britney's vocals weren't up to their standards, or people saying Cold Heart is a better song (it's not). And what we don't need are Dua stans like you chiming in, your opinion means nothing here, sorry!

Edited by iheartBrit

1 minute ago, Protocol said:

In about 12 hours I believe. I will eat my hat if this doesn't debut in the Top 10 on Spotify. Almost Top 40 is really good for this kind of song on Apple Music.

I think there is no way for Top 10. Placement won't matter that much in comparison to the actual streams honestly, even the number Elton posted puts it at #130 something and that would be a win already on its own!

Just now, Protocol said:

In about 12 hours I believe

Just now, Henry Torres said:

In like 6 hours? 

I'll be reporting one of you two for lying in about 6 hours and five minutes. :cooldown:

2 minutes ago, ToMmY said:

I'll be reporting one of you two for lying in about 6 hours and five minutes. :cooldown:

Nasminaj Black Girl Dr Phil GIF - Nasminaj Black Girl Dr Phil Dr Phil -  Discover & Share GIFs

9 minutes ago, Pop pop123 said:

If this came on shuffle, I wouldn’t know who sang the song :deadbanana:.

Britney’s vocals are not existent. She sounds like those random background distorted noise producers add to a song :skull:

I still don’t get how some of you keep saying Britney’s vocals are “not exisent” or that Britney is barely in the song :skull: She basically has the whole song and yes, vocals might be overproduced but..still..

3 minutes ago, iheartBrit said:

I'm living in reality babe, the reality where Hold Me Closer is performing a lot better than Cold Heart was in its first 24 hours. Most Britney stans won't acknowledge this fact cuz they're weak, but it's true!

No one is fuming, Dua Lipa surely isn’t! Why should she? All this talking about “charts” (I do care about them but relax). HMC is probably pulling better Numbers in its first hours but It will probably fall hard in the upcoming days (I hope not!). Cold Heart was such a WW hit..so, again, nobody is fuming!

That discussion about Cold Heart is ridiculous. Both are great songs. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Yoso said:

Is she flopping or not? :jonny3:

It is doing beyond what anyone expected for the first day. :jonny5:

This is really cute. Nothing too exciting but a cute lil single.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.