Elton John & Britney Spears - "Hold Me Closer"

nathanspears

Just now, iheartBrit said:

You’re saying Prisoner, Love Again, and Fever were hits? LMAO. F*ck off with that bullshit. Go spew your non-sense elsewhere.

It is not nonsense it is fact. I am a Dua stan as much as I am a Britney stan and I will not have her slandered. Interesting that you ignored all the other songs I mentioned.

Fever was released in France and Belgium as a single where it appropriately went #1 as well as going Top 10 in multiple European countries. It never received a worldwide push. Love Again hit Top 10 in 15 countries as a sixth single from the album more than a year after release. Prisoner went Top 10 in 16 countries and has more than 500m streams. 

Dua was the reason Cold Heart smashed and the only reason Hold Me Closer even exists. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Erreur2 La Nature

• Alexz

• Ghiles

3 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Hoping we see some bigger jumps tomorrow! Top 20 on AM US please! :jonny5:

So nervous for the Spotify numbers tomorrow considering its not on TTH. 

8 minutes ago, mystery said:

It is not nonsense it is fact. I am a Dua stan as much as I am a Britney stan and I will not have her slandered. Interesting that you ignored all the other songs I mentioned.

Fever was released in France and Belgium as a single where it appropriately went #1 as well as going Top 10 in multiple European countries. It never received a worldwide push. Love Again hit Top 10 in 15 countries as a sixth single from the album more than a year after release. Prisoner went Top 10 in 16 countries and has more than 500m streams. 

Dua was the reason Cold Heart smashed and the only reason Hold Me Closer even exists. 

Girl, I love Dua as much Britney too but I’m not delusional. No doubt were the first few Future Nostalgia singles hits, I was bringing up her singles after that, and they did flop until Elton gave her a global hit again. If you can’t understand that then I dunno what to say. Hold Me Closer is a big hit right out of the gate (thanks to Brit).

Edited by iheartBrit

23 minutes ago, mystery said:

Dua has also been very appreciative of Britney (she praised Glory and mentioned in several interviews how happy she is for her freedom) and has had multiple performances and interviews with Elton talking about how much she loved collaborating with him. So there is no reason for her to be "fuming", also this song won't make even close to a dent compared to what Cold Heart did. 

Elton didn't give her a hit. If anything Elton has been thanking her up and down for agreeing to join the song and has credited her for its success in numerous interviews. Before collaborating with Dua there was no way he was making a dent on the charts. 

She did not have "10 flops in a row" prior to Cold Heart. Love Again was a hit, Fever was a hit where it was released as a single, Levitating is literally one of the biggest songs of the decade so far and the longest running female song on the Hot 100 ever. Before that she had Prisoner, Break My Heart, Physical, Don't Start Now. But yes please continue deluding yourself.

I have nothing against Dua. I just didn't think she added as much to Cold Heart as Britney does to Hold Me Closer. It's been somewhat annoying to see Dua stans here and other places come for Hold Me Closer for no good reason. 

Do not get off topic in this thread with all the Dua and Cold Heart discourse :ace: 

Britney and Dua are both great artists and there's no need for beef between them or their fanbases

Yall in here arguing about Dua and whether she acknowledges this song or not? :rip:

No one gives a ****, stream the song if you like it

Elton gave her a global hit again.

Please name me Elton John hits in the last 10 years outside of Cold Heart. Then name me Dua Lipa hits in the last 10 years outside of Cold Heart.

Elton John for Billboard: "A lot of it is, of course, due to Dua Lipa's popularity and the brilliant PNAU remix, but I feel very, very content and happy that I'm relevant,"

Radio is loving it! Hopefully this continues through the first week and with the impact date. 

People are literally fighting over Britney and Dua :rip: This site never fails

wow Miss Lipa's success has another fandom pressed, she is the moment :WAP: btw stay on topic :sistrens: 

1.9M for an audio in 2022 :clap3:
Top 50 on AM US :clap3:
A +30% lead on iTunes :clap3:

Edited by unclefloprry

I really cant believe we are experiencing new Britney for the first time in 6 years and it's on her terms and reactions and reception is good ??

15 minutes ago, mystery said:

Please name me Elton John hits in the last 10 years outside of Cold Heart. Then name me Dua Lipa hits in the last 10 years outside of Cold Heart.

Elton John for Billboard: "A lot of it is, of course, due to Dua Lipa's popularity and the brilliant PNAU remix, but I feel very, very content and happy that I'm relevant,"

Cold Heart would have been a big hit regardless of who sang it with Elton. I have a really good voice, and I guarantee I could have sang Dua's parts just as good, if not better.  Stop being one of those weak Britney stans and grow some f*cking balls and stand up for your fave!

this is gold and amazing! we stan brit brit 

Woke up with this bop in my head, it's so addictive.:jonny:I feel like this is the perfect autumn anthem, it feels so cozy and warm. 

Cold Heart would have been a big hit regardless of who sang it with Elton. I have a really good voice, and I guarantee I could have sang Dua's parts just as good, if not better.  Stop being one of those weak Britney stans and grow some f*cking balls and stand up for your fave!

Insulting me doesn't add anything to your argument.

6 minutes ago, iheartBrit said:

I have a really good voice, and I guarantee I could have sang Dua's parts just as good, if not better.  

Can you post a cover of Cold Heart and Hold Me Closer as well? I would love to hear your version given how much better it must be!

Edited by mystery

Let’s stop this arguing. Both songs are great. Let’s hope for the same success for HMC ????????

i really wanna like the song but it's just a let down honestly. too generic sounding of a bop and i can barely hear britney's vocals. I also hate the original tiny dancer so that didn't help.

Wow all that fighting  about britney and dua (when they are like exact same artist aka it pop girl of the moment, i can't image  someone who loves one and not the other) cool off

Im not sure why people predict better success  in uk than usa when every britney  single since 'piece of me' did better in usa... i get that high chart debut is tik tok driven in usa but...this is so laid-back  song that it needs time to grow....give it time,  britney is american staple, home market will come tru

Edited by creepy

12 minutes ago, iheartBrit said:

Damn if he needs to Grow some balls maybe you need to be castrated, damn what a cockiness .

OT: I still wonder if Cirkut and Watt were the right producers, but nice effort. Hope it is a hit for brir

Edited by J-esper

9 minutes ago, iheartBrit said:

Can you ******* stop? Some of us don't care about the other girls here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.