Would you date an obese person?

Demi Lovato

Tbh I asked myself this when I met this guy, he was really great and we had amazing chemistry but he is overweight (a lot) and I was doubting seeing him again but I had to CHECK myself and think about it… that’s kinda fatphobic isn’t it? But then again I’m not sexually attracted to him. Wanted to ask yall…

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Demi Lovato

• Rotunda

• Steve Jobs

• Guthix

different strokes for different folks

don’t force yourself to date guys you’re not physically attracted to if physical attraction is important to you

No

No. While I don't care about body types and someone underweight and someone chubby can both be attractive to me, obese is too much.

5 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

different strokes for different folks

don’t force yourself to date guys you’re not physically attracted to if physical attraction is important to you

He is 100% my type except the weight though and how would I even tell him that I don’t want to see him cause he’s overweight without being rude??

5 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

As an obese person myself that doesn't look obese, just overweight, it is not wrong to not be attracted to somebody - just don't tell them that or put that preference on your dating bio. 

I'm my own type - I like other chubs/bears

Me:

20220121-191449.jpg

Ohh you’re cute!

3 minutes ago, Demi Lovato said:

He is 100% my type except the weight though and how would I even tell him that I don’t want to see him cause he’s overweight without being rude??

Just say you’re not feeling as strong as a connection as you need to (which isn’t a lie). No reason to say that the physical connection is what’s lacking. 

No. My lifestyle is too active to be compatible with an obese person. We’d have little in common.

If you’re not physically attracted to them why would you waste your time and theirs?

Someone slightly chubby with little dad bod is more than fine, but someone obese no. I just don't find such guys physically attractive.

yea, if he was nice and treated me good. idk how obese we’re talking but some people that aren’t even that big are considered obese technically. If he was like 300+ pounds then no.

34 minutes ago, Demi Lovato said:

Just be nice and polite about it without being rude :michael:

Saying it’s cause of his weight is kinda nasty

I don't really have an option. Nobody would date me anyway. This thread being proof :monkey:

Been overweight all my life and I fluctuate between obese and overweight. I worked hard to get "fit" for 2 years, and then just rebounded. Guess in my case I'm helpless.

Sorry nope

If he's rich, yes!

If he has massive dique, also yes!

26 minutes ago, Vrajesh said:

I don't really have an option. Nobody would date me anyway. This thread being proof :monkey:

Been overweight all my life and I fluctuate between obese and overweight. I worked hard to get "fit" for 2 years, and then just rebounded. Guess in my case I'm helpless.

I mean, you’re in control. Calorie deficit and exercise. No need to play victim unless there’s an underlying reason like a medical issue. 

And only reason I’m being this blatant about it is because I’m in the same (but opposite) circumstance by being a twig. That’s like me saying nothing I can ever do will gain me weight or muscles, which is false - I just don’t want to commit to it. I also committed myself to a gym 4-6 days a week for 2 years straight. I saw results, but not enough for me to continue committing to it as I’ve always hated working out. No one else’s fault but mine :michael:

Edited by Guthix

no, I used to be chubby as a teen but was able to lose a ton of weight and tone up over the years. I want a partner who looks after themselves in the same way

idk, i don't like to make generalising statements because you never know who you might end up dating

that being said, i don't really find myself attracted to obese people but i don't know that many either, so probably not :michael:

Yeah…it‘s kinda weird to rule out an entire group of people based on their body weight or shape? Plus, in America, the arbitrary parameters to be considered “obese” are bullshït. Most hot bears and daddies at the local are considered “obese” under these austere guidelines, and that is not the case. It’s ok to have preferences, but to rule out an entire category of people based on this is really sad and unfortunate. You’re not fatphobic for not being attracted to him. It’s fatphobic to not be attracted to him BECAUSE he is and cannot consider anyone else in this category as attractive unconditionally.

Edited by DirtyPony87

I wouldn’t date an obese person as the same as I wouldn’t date an anorexic person just because they just don’t attract me…

but it’s weird because I dated a boy for 3 years and the last months we spent together he gained weight and now he’s overweight -not obese tho- and I still loved him and even to this day we have some hook ups and **** like that… so maybe I would if I met the person before being obese? I don’t know 

Edited by Julia Fox

1 minute ago, DirtyPony87 said:

Yeah…it‘s kinda weird to rule out an entire group of people based on their body weight or shape? Plus, in America, the arbitrary parameters to be considered “obese” are bullshït. Most hot bears and daddies at the local are considered “obese” under these austere guidelines, and that is not the case. It’s ok to have preferences, but to rule out an entire category of people based on this is really sad and unfortunate.

This isnt true. What’s happening is our perception of larger bodies has gotten worse. Because there’s so many bigger people now, the scales that we view people have changed. Because we are so used to it. 

From a body fat percentage. Those bears are in fact obese. That does not make them unattractive however. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.