• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• Boysdontcry

• Roger

• OmegaRidley

I'm so confused by the timeline of all this... Problematique was supposedly done (a draft was complete) by the time FSN came out & ready to be released. We then got Coconuts in December which her fanbase went mad for, and she said HIFTB was next up.

S*** Pop then came to her as an idea & was something she put together within a month (I'm guessing between Dec 2021 & Jan 2022). We got that in February & HIFTB was teased on the CD with a March 25th release date.

Kim says this 'Candy' album was the current state of the album 4 months ago. This takes us back to March 2022, when HIFTB was supposed to come out. Why would she be releasing a single that wasn't even on the updated album? And why has she kept premiering Problematique songs live throughout the year if they're not even coming out?

I just really hope there's still hope for Hit It From The Back. She performed it live less than a month ago on June 24th 

I wonder if she'll recycle the Problematique album cover she shot with Nicola and Steven Klein from the Future Starts Now shoot :noparty:

Where did that tracklist come from? It screams fake, it doesn’t make any sense. I bet the initial Problematique plans changed when **** Pop came out, and she started re-working the record with a new title and possibly new songs.

That’s also why refers Candy as “THE” album, not “another” album. I bet it’s the same damn album we’ve been waiting for almost a year now.

2 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

So, during her Amazon music doc it was revealed a 

That means the “Problematique” album was scrapped a long time ago and she made 3 projects:

1st idea - Problematique, which half of it leaked

2nd idea - Candy, still unknown though the song Choker is old and already leaked back in the day and she probably re-worked on it

3rd idea - the album she’s currently making with multiple producers and probably the one we’ll be getting.

I believe there are FOUR or FIVE albums:

1. The "beach" album where Malibu comes from (and I believe Coconuts was originally from). 

2. Original Problematique (Future Starts Now, Coconuts, Hit It from the Back, **** Pop songs). 

3. Problematique without the **** Pop Songs

4. Candy 

5. New current album. 

2 hours ago, Supervillain said:

Masochism doesn't exist

Archetype

Sky is the problem

It's funny af how she teased Don't Forget and many people started to defend her again. 

Then she took two months to release Don't Forget and people started to hate her again. 

Then she released DF and her obsessive stans started to defend her again. 

Now the current state is that no one defends her and most fans hate her again because she hasnt release the music video and no more music, no teasing, poor live performances... She lost all respect and momentum she gained since the announcement and release of the single. 

She once again blamed her label for all these years but there's still no finished album. 

I love her so much but **** she is a flop, and people are starting to open their eyes and they now see throughout her lies. 

Kim Petras would never be as a bad worker as Sky, at least she keeps recording full songs, the ones who are sabotaging her is her label, and still she won't blame them, she knows she ****** up being in a big label and now she's paying for her mistakes. 

Meanwhile Sky is still learning how to edit music videos in her MacBook lol

she should scrap her career altogether

18 minutes ago, Roger said:

1. The "beach" album where Malibu comes from (and I believe Coconuts was originally from). 

2. Original Problematique (Future Starts Now, Coconuts, Hit It from the Back, **** Pop songs). 

4. Candy 

5. New current album. 

MTE. The 2020 album was also full of personal songs about her struggles and anxiety, she said that on a live back then. After that i think she switched for Problématique and so on

1 hour ago, Boysdontcry said:

I'm so confused by the timeline of all this... Problematique was supposedly done (a draft was complete) by the time FSN came out & ready to be released. We then got Coconuts in December which her fanbase went mad for, and she said HIFTB was next up.

S*** Pop then came to her as an idea & was something she put together within a month (I'm guessing between Dec 2021 & Jan 2022). We got that in February & HIFTB was teased on the CD with a March 25th release date.

Kim says this 'Candy' album was the current state of the album 4 months ago. This takes us back to March 2022, when HIFTB was supposed to come out. Why would she be releasing a single that wasn't even on the updated album? And why has she kept premiering Problematique songs live throughout the year if they're not even coming out?

She did almost the same with SP. Maybe Candy was supposed to be a "surprise" for us while the other songs would became just standalone singles. She also was teasing/performing/releasing things from Problématique and then **** Pop came out of nowhere with songs we had no idea about.

She's on the studio all the time and i think even her lost track of things and Republic doesn't know how to market her. She also had a fight with Aaron, the label said no to her drafts and now she's starting fresh with everything. A very messy situation but i hope we get the leaks and the actual album during the next months

27 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

Where did that tracklist come from? It screams fake, it doesn’t make any sense. I bet the initial Problematique plans changed when **** Pop came out, and she started re-working the record with a new title and possibly new songs.

The tracklist appears on her Amazon music doc. I thought it was a old draft before Era 1 (Choker is a old ass song) but then BunheadHQ said she recorded those around March and Kim herself later confirmed

So none of the songs she teased will be appearing on the final album ?

why did she even tease HITFB on **** Pop if it wasn’t going to be on « Candy » ? 

none of the label’s strategy makes sense :rip: 

Edited by OmegaRidley

Updated the OP with the BunheadHQ tweet i forgot to add.

1 hour ago, OmegaRidley said:

So none of the songs she teased will be appear on the final album ?

Apparently not :skull:

2 hours ago, Roger said:

4. Candy 

5. New current album. 

Coconuts does give me Malibu vibes. I forgot about the 2020 album, I just remember her teasing it as being super pop & saying she wanted to create a world. So Coconuts does kind of fit that.

1 hour ago, OmegaRidley said:

So none of the songs she teased will be appear on the final album ?

why did she even tease HITFB on **** Pop if it wasn’t going to be on « Candy » ? 

none of the label’s strategy makes sense :rip: 

I feel like S*** Pop was kind of a trial for Hit It From The Back. If S*** Pop performed well that probably would've convinced Republic to pour some money into HIFTB (they kind of have similar vibes). 

But no one really cared about SP.

4 minutes ago, Boysdontcry said:

I feel like S*** Pop was kind of a trial for Hit It From The Back. If S*** Pop performed well that probably would've convinced Republic to pour some money into HIFTB (they kind of have similar vibes). 

But no one really cared about SP.

Wasn't **** pop pretty successful for her standards?

Edited by simplywohoo

2 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

She's on the studio all the time and i think even her lost track of things and Republic doesn't know how to market her

I say this with love, but Kim will never be commercially successful. Republic shouldn't have wasted money on VMA/EMA performances, they know that now & they regret it, that's why she's been shelved & they're scared to put anything out.

Their financial return from Kim would just be by letting her release an album for fans to buy and a tour for fans to buy tickets to.

1 minute ago, simplywohoo said:

Didn't **** pop pretty successful for her standards?

It's been half a year & nothing has even surpassed 10 million streams on Spotify. Some of the tracks are even still sitting with 2 million streams. That's not successful for Kim, that's how her music generally performs.

25 minutes ago, Boysdontcry said:

Coconuts does give me Malibu vibes. I forgot about the 2020 album, I just remember her teasing it as being super pop & saying she wanted to create a world. So Coconuts does kind of fit that.

It's a shame we didn't get that 2020 album. 

I adore Malibu and Coconuts is pretty catchy. 

She and her label need to get their sh*t together and release something. I know it’s probably the label, but honestly at this point I blame her too for not being able to stick to a theme or commit to a debut project.

I’ve followed her since the beginning of era 1 and was a massive fan, but since Malibu I have been slowly losing more and more interest in her. Sl*t Pop was almost the final nail in the coffin for me. That project was awful imo, and I’m tired of the never ending “debut album” story from her. If she or her label are so worried about quality, they should have just called TOTL her debut when she expanded it. The fact that Clarity was supposedly her debut, and then she backtracked that when it was received badly was even worse. Now the constant delays and rebranding and random droplets with no theme are even worse. I’m really just tired. Maybe it would be better if the output was good, but it hasn’t even been that great since era 1. Some songs have been serviceable (icy, personal hell, Malibu & coconuts were alright…) but overall she was just better when she was basically unknown

Kim's music has been hit-or-miss for me. For every Icy, Do Me, and There Will Be Blood, there's a Coconuts or Throat Goat. I'm one of the few that thought Clarity was her best project. I honestly would love if she stuck to that sound, but you guys are right, I'm tired of the seemingly endless string of unreleased material, lack of direction/cohesion in her releases, and general unpredictability from Kim's label. 

omg she was gonna release her best song Choker??????

4 hours ago, Boysdontcry said:

I say this with love, but Kim will never be commercially successful. Republic shouldn't have wasted money on VMA/EMA performances, they know that now & they regret it, that's why she's been shelved & they're scared to put anything out.

Their financial return from Kim would just be by letting her release an album for fans to buy and a tour for fans to buy tickets to.

Definitely. I feel like she would do just fine being a girl for the LGBTQ crowd, a niche popstar. Just like Charli, Carly and others which 90% of the fanbase is made of the gays. It's her public, she was able to tour, release music often and that's it. I guess Republic wants her to have some Dua-type success (they are even sending her to expensive producers and making her do collabs now) but i'm afraid this won't ever be successful.

This messy schedule and music drought will make even some of her stans to turn on her (and this is already happening ever since Slvt Pop :doc:)

9 hours ago, J-esper said:

The moment she signed a multiple album deal with Luke, I knew she was doomed,

Actually this is Republic's fault. When Kim was solely with Luke she was able to release new music literally every month and we even got 2 albums in one year... the second she signed that label contract now she has to achieve the approval from their executives. And they keep saying NO to whatever she brings, so this is basically ruining her career :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.