Is Gracie Abrams The Next Industry Plant?

OrgVisual

I'm hearing about her soooooo much recently and her songs constantly pop up on my Spotify Daily Mix & auto-generated playlist. Yet she has 0 song charting anywhere, her most streamed song doesn't even reach 100M

But she's signed with Interscope aka a major label so maybe that's where the push came from? Also

Born and raised in Los Angeles County, California, Abrams is the daughter of J. J. Abrams, a film director, and Katie McGrath, a film and television producer

Is she just the next industry payola plant after Conan Gray, Tate McRae etc.? :celestial5:

She’s pretty good. Her dad is JJ Abrams though. 

Not to defend anyone and I don’t follow any of the three, but Tate is the only one getting any kind of a serious push, the other two have been around for years and barely broke-out and never got a serious push outside of their small fanbases... 

She's been around for a bit. I think she's pretty decent. 

Her dad being JJ Abrams of course gave her a headstart but she's not getting any major push tho. 

yes, but she’s actually talented unlike conan and tate

You guys just love calling any up-and-coming artist an industry plant :deadbanana:

can y’all just let artists receive a push/rise without randomly hating them and calling them an industry plant for literally no reason :rip:

She’s just another nepotist. She’s been tryin to sway the Swifities to support her just like Olivia did lol and tbh Olivia kinda ran with part of her sthick for Drivers License and obliterated her commercially. I don’t see Gracie becoming bigger than what she is

I am so tired of this term. It’s used solely for young women who are well connected and whose record label promotes them. That has literally always happened in the music industry and is not indicative of some conspiracy, and it’s funny when people online think they’re some type of master sleuth who cracked the code when it was never even hidden information. I don’t know why people think pop stars’ origin stories are “inauthentic” unless they were found on the side of the road with a guitar busking for change like some cheesy movie. It’s why we end up with ridiculous stories like Halsey claiming she was homeless when she really just got popular because of her Harry Styles stan blog on Tumblr. 

Like was Janet an ~industry plant~ for getting a record deal as the younger sister of one of the biggest bands of the 70s? The horror of her label forcing radio stations to play Rhythm Nation, they should have been playing some ~authentic broke musician from Cincinnati that nobody ever heard of!

Edited by Beyonnaise

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.