What's the worst concert you've ever been to?

tili33

1 hour ago, Pop said:

ANTi Tour in Paris. 

The stadium was half empty, Rihanna had zero stage presence and the audience was visibly disappointed. 

One of the worst concerts I have ever attended. She maybe smoked too much?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Into The Void

• DirtyPony87

• PennywiseTheClown

• taemin

I’ve never been to a TERRIBLE concert. Even at festivals. I can think of a handful of “just fine” concerts. Some that come to mind are:

Drake in the Views era - All style, no substance. He looked kinda listless and indifferent at parts. The stage looked cool, but that was about it.

The Weeknd in the Starboy era - His voice starts to wear on you for a while. His stage presence is just meh. He’s just not an engaging performer. His set at Coachella this year cemented that for me.

Ariana Grande in the Dangerous Woman era - She sounded amazing and gowns, beautiful gowns, but she also lacks stage presence. There was this weird juxtaposition between the huge screens behind her just popping with images of her and bright, dynamic color while she just stood or walked around the stage lazily, also while dancers behind her were doing pretty energetic choreo. Her stage presence kinda reminds me of The Weeknd. They’re not bad, by any means, but they just lack energy.

Dua Lipa in the first era - She came out and did 3 songs, left for 45 minutes, then came back and canceled the show due to an “ear infection.” The rescheduled show about a year later was just ok. This was before she improved leaps and bounds as a performer. Her vocals were just a little off and her dancing was terrible. But I recently saw her at Primavera in Barcelona, and I must say that I was impressed. She’s vastly improved.

4 hours ago, BadMonster said:

first one that came to mind was Mary j Blige, awful live vocals

omg not mary.... :( 

-

probably nicki? she was decent and the crowd was lit (tho there was a fight before the show started) but there was basically no production and sometimes she'd only really rap half of the song. the venue was kinda empty too but it was in leeds :rip: also trey songz opened and his set made me uncomfortable :rip: 

P.O.D  they weren't bad, it was just really boring only saw them live because my friends band were supporting them and they sang youth of nation first so i didnt know any of the rest.

I went to the free Super Saturday Concert for the women’s NCAA Final Four here in Minneapolis at the beginning of April to see Rachel Platten. The gates were opened at 6 with no specified show start time. It was my boyfriend’s first concert and we got there at about 6:30. A DJ was playing until 7:30, so I thought naturally Rachel must me next at no later then 8. Nope.

Next two marching bands, one from UConn and one from Standford–the two teams competing in the championship game–had a showdown where they each played different tunes on the side of the stage as cheerleaders danced on stage. This went on for a full 40 minutes. 

At 8:30, the DJ once again took the stage and said she was going to play some more music to get us warmed up for Rachel. Me and my man were so annoyed at this point that we decided to leave because we had an errand to run and he had to be up the next morning at 5.

I shouldn’t complain much because it was a completely free concert, but there was absolutely no mention of other acts such as the marching bands and/or the DJ, and we didn’t get to see the main act Rachel herself. It wasn’t too big of a loss for my boyfriend because he doesn’t even know her music (aside from “Fight Song”), but I wanted to see some bops live, and according to the setlist, she did “Loose Ends” and “Perfect for You”, which I would have loved to see.

All-in-all unprofessional and an unorganized mess.

Side note: There was no seats and it was standing floor room only.

MØ - very one note, not much stage presence 

Lana Del Rey - Lana is not meant to do big arenas or stadiums. The setting killed the vibe and the audience was full of drunk trailer trash. I’d love to see her play in a theater or another more intimate setting. 

Remi Wolf - live arrangements made her otherwise amazing songs sound washed out and bland

Rihanna.

To be fair that was in 2013 on a festival, so I hope she has improved since then.

She was an hour late and the show was basically half lipsynced and half sung over a backing track. She didn't even bother to serve some stage presence, dance or engage with fans that much. Even her biggest hits as "Umbrella" or "We Found Love" sounded so anticlimactic. While I still enjoy her music, this concert made me never want to pay to see her live ever again. 

10 hours ago, Jynx672 said:

How so? Wasn't this generally a well-received tour?

Yeah I just didn't enjoy it at all. It was at the time where her live voice became unlistenable (extremely nasal and high pitched), and the parent album was a stinker. I had free tickets to fill seats and didn't even stay until the end - this was from someone who had seen every Kylie tour locally since the Rhythm of Love tour. It pretty much killed off any interest in Kylie for me from that point on.

Overall experience: Bruce - Magic Tour (Stadium). It rained, the show had a three-hour delay due to traffic, and it was a nightmare to get in and out of the area. Bruce and the Band were amazing, but I left early because I just wanted to go home and get dry. I saw him three more times after that, and they were far better experiences for me.

Also, I saw a local artist (third show), and I knew him personally. After the show, he stayed and talked to every single person there except me. And when his cellist saw him snub me, she gave me this "I am so sorry" look. Broke my heart. I stopped following his career after that.

Performer-wise: Blondie was a major disappointment. Pat Benatar completely outdid them.

Edited by The7thStranger

Calvin Harris’ Tour for 18 months. He is so bad at song transitions. Killed all the momentum of build up 

The Weeknd tour for Beauty Behind the Madness. It’s was just a very very bland arena tour. 

• ATRL Moderator

Sky Ferreira at Primavera in Barcelona.  I just had to laugh so I wouldn’t be disappointed.   

13 minutes ago, madonnas said:

Sky Ferreira at Primavera in Barcelona.  I just had to laugh so I wouldn’t be disappointed.   

I heard about this. I wasn’t able to catch it, but all my friends said it was so embarrassingly bad.

Ellie Goulding Delirium tour. The material was not her best, but also she was at an outdoor venue (not the best for her type of vocals imo) and I was in some terrible nosebleeds seats because I got my tickets on Groupon :rip: Just kind of a bad experience all around honestly

I went to a free radio festival and there were artists like GRL, Iggy, Austin Mahone, MKTO (the people who sing Classic), and Little Mix. I barely remember LM’s performance and I totally forgot they were there until I looked it up. GRL was awful. I only went for Iggy and she was alright.

The festival they did the year before was much better. They had Ariana, Selena, Jason Derulo, and other randoms. Ariana was great but she only sang The Way since that’s all she had out at the time. I only went for her. Selena was good too.

While I wouldn't say she was horrible necessarily, Lorde at 2018 Primavera Sound Barcelona lacked any stage presence and her vocals were shaky at best. I had high expectations, especially considering how I had gotten into Melodrama  that same year. The performer just before Lorde's set (Jane Birkin) was absolutely great in comparison—given that she had years of experience and a full orchestra accompanying her. Lorde was one of the headliners for Sunday evening, but I honestly feel that I could've seen a different act/performer instead with a better command of the stage. Thankfully, I did get to see a lot of acts that I wouldn't have been introduced to at the same festival. 

Probably The Weeknd at made in America 2015. Zero stage presence or crowd interaction and he saved the singles to the end so not a lot of people sang along for most of it. Also Beyoncé was the headliner the night before and killed it so it was really a huge decline. 

If we’re talking vocals, aesthetics & energy, Avril Lavigne on this most recent tour was terrible. I didn’t have a bad experience but she lip-synced 80% of the songs & hid it poorly & didn’t act like she wanted to be there. It was unimpressive. Can’t say it was a bad time tho, it was entertainingly awkward

Edited by LoveInStereo

Christina Aguilera- Liberation tour. 

Honesty her team fail her soo badly it’s shocking. The set/production was so poor you would think a new artist was performing just cheap. It’s like her label had no faith in her. Also she acted so uninterested to be there hardly dancing & looking lost. Harmonizing because I’m guessing she forgot the words. Look at her liberation show on YouTube just terrible. It’s obvious she wasn’t prepared and just doesn’t care about her legacy. 

Britney Spears-pieces of Me Vegas show. 

Wow how on earth did she get a second show? Thank god it was cancel. She just walk around on stage & sometimes forgot to move her mouth to lip singing. She looked confused half the time & it was just god awful. She had way better production and set that’s for sure. Half the time we were just looking at her dancers who were doing a better job than her. 

Anti tour by a mile, I was bored out of my mind the entire time. Rih was really just not good at all, and I say this as a big fan. It was a tour I was hesitant on buying tickets to, and Rih is someone I would never see again (not that she'll tour again anytime soon anyway lol)

Rih in 2013

It was the first (and only) actual time she was here. 

2 and a half hours late. 

Preformed for 50 min

Didnt change an outfit 

She really barely sang and moved. 

Didnt even apologized. 

We found out the next day she chose to go to the dead sea during the time she was late. 

Imagine what that would've done to a longtime navy 

45 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

If we’re talking vocals, aesthetics & energy, Avril Lavigne on this most recent tour was terrible. I didn’t have a bad experience but she lip-synced 80% of the songs & hid it poorly & didn’t act like she wanted to be there. It was unimpressive. Can’t say it was a bad time tho, it was entertainingly awkward

In which city did you see her? 

I was given free tickets to a BTS concert because they were struggling to sell tickets

it was so boring and i got a 2nd hand embarrassment from the cringey fan girls that were screaming the fan chant with the members' names outside the venue.. and they were doing that for hours until the show started :toofunny3:

+ they lip synced every song

1 hour ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Rih in 2013

It was the first (and only) actual time she was here. 

2 and a half hours late. 

Preformed for 50 min

Didnt change an outfit 

She really barely sang and moved. 

Didnt even apologized. 

We found out the next day she chose to go to the dead sea during the time she was late. 

Imagine what that would've done to a longtime navy 

No wonder Rihanna is not a touring force. She's got this reputation over the years. I mean, she is probably my fav artist ever with the most amount of hits I love but I would think twice before going to see her live. I'd be mad at the disrespect.

Here are the concert I went to:

Woodkid - Golden Age Tour

Rihanna - ANTI Tour

Lindsey Stirling - Brave Enough Tour

Beyoncé & Jay-Z - On The Run II Tour

Woodkid - S16 Tour

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia Tour

Alec Benjamin - (Un)Commentary Tour

(Lady Gaga - Chromatica Ball this sunday)

And as much as I love her, I'd say Rihanna was the worst. She was late, the stage was very meh, especially for a stadium. She's barely moving on stage and often doesn't even sing. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed my time because the avalanche of hits kinda made up for the flaws since everybody was bopping. 

imagine dragons in a festival set in 2019

audience was kinda dead cause most of the songs were unknown to the public (me included), it was also one of the last few shows so i was also tired and that added to the awful experience 

also performance wise it was nothing really that much interesting 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.