Succession | The Final Season | “With Open Eyes”

Destiny

20 minutes ago, Universo said:

Kendall having a full MELTDOWN was delicious

no murderers ALLOWED

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

Spoiler

Kendall should've unalived himself in front of Shitv to leave that puta even more traumada

spacer.png

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Gui Blackout

• Destiny

• Park Jinyoung

1 hour ago, KasioKas said:

"I'm the eldest boy!" :ahh:

"you're not" :lmao: he was desperate poor thing

1 hour ago, The Witch said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Kendall should've unalived himself in front of Shitv to leave that puta even more traumada

spacer.png

he took the L very gracefully at the end i'll give him that

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

I wish Shiv's argument was better than "but but you killed a nobody 3 seasons ago!!!"

Especially since they all know they are human scum with no empathy and that they directly or indirectly have made people suffer or even die.

• ATRL Moderator

Honestly, one of the best and most satisfying conclusions I've seen in a while. I wasn't wholly convinced they would stick the landing so to speak but I think they did just that. There were definitely some elements of this season that I didn't love but they were mostly small nit-picky things and when the finale is as flawless as this it makes some of the missteps easier to get over. One of the best television dramas to have graced our screens no doubt :ghostface:

One of my top three favorite scenes in the series :clownny:

On 5/30/2023 at 1:07 PM, KasioKas said:

I disagree with this, the issue with Kendall has always been that when he gets a taste of power he gets cocky, blind with it and gains a superiority complex attitude problem and begins speaking down to everyone and refusing their good counsel - every single time. Kendall has had the support his father had on a smaller scale (lawyer, assistants, advisors from colleagues to tech giants) and blew it up singlehandedly, on multple occasions. He's also a snake that turns on anyone and that has happened enough times that everyone has lost trust in him. 

Logan obviously lost his temper when things get shaky and noone was giving good suggestions and just "p**** footing around" but Kendall lost his temper at that too + when things were stable, and was rarely humble or kind to anyone. He took the worst attributes of his father but didn't have the stability (mentally or otherwise) to maintain power regardless of those attributs, like Logan did. 

On 5/30/2023 at 1:11 PM, KasioKas said:

Also to say Tom makes no decisions on his own and cowers is false, he's been very calculated, though timid in his conversations. The best course of action was to bow to the giants and serve and he understood that with his experience and background. Smart.

Of course he wasn't a good person. That's the point, no one good is at the top, they'd self-implode from the abuse and corruption that a company that size has going on in the first place. That's why we had Logan's team and little nuggets of the "old boys" that he ran with on the come-up. The idea that Logan wasn't in the know of the shady dealings like kendall would've, is laughable. They're one and the same and that's what you need to pilot a behemoth like waystar.

Ken may be a f-up but he's the only one who has the most grease out of the lot of them. He's the one who Logan always kept in sight because he's the one he knew was supposed to take over. Tom was a 2-bit chump and still is, he betrayed his friends to swallow his own load in a drug den, was scared to talk to a nazi about them being a nazi and stepped back from doing the one thing he believed in on cruises, unlike kendall who always stood in what he believed, that Logan was unfit and waystar was a den of vipers that needed to be hosed. Kendall is the only one in the show who followed through on opposing Logan and he wasn't bribed back like the others.

As someone who despises kendall and would like to kick him in the head, he was the one.

On 6/1/2023 at 11:33 PM, katara said:

I wish Shiv's argument was better than "but but you killed a nobody 3 seasons ago!!!"

Especially since they all know they are human scum with no empathy and that they directly or indirectly have made people suffer or even die.

I think it was an example of the family dynamic where Kendall opened up to them in confidence and then Shiv used that against him. They were all understanding towards him and then right at that crucial moment she used it as her trump card. Ultimately no one in the family can be honest with each other because it will be used by others to hurt them.

2 hours ago, midnightdawn said:

I think it was an example of the family dynamic where Kendall opened up to them in confidence and then Shiv used that against him. They were all understanding towards him and then right at that crucial moment she used it as her trump card. Ultimately no one in the family can be honest with each other because it will be used by others to hurt them.

Oh yeah when you see it like that it makes sense and fits with them being scum without any empathy

Jesse Armstrong on the ending: 

Tom has always been subservient. Now he has this status, but his status is contingent. That’s kind of what the whole episode is about. Shiv’s status is as all the kids are … secure. It’s secure in a financial sense. She has billions of dollars. She has wealth that could never diminish, whatever happened to the world. And she also has a name, which will sort of haunt her and make it interesting, to a certain degree, for the rest of her life, and that can’t be taken away from her. Whereas Tom’s position could be taken away in the click of fingers.

https://deadline.com/2023/06/succession-series-finale-shiv-tom-kendall-1235408660/ 

So much for the "Siobhan is her mother and Tom is Logan" party :celestial5: 

• 2 weeks later...

Rewatching s1 and Kendall was the one who first said, "I love you but you're not serious people."

Kendall really was his dad, ahead of him too.

• 1 month later...

Finally finished this, and even though twitter spoiled most of the ending for me I was still floored. :WAP:

Shiv did what had to be done, Ken DID NOT deserve to be CEO, none of them did. Also her at the beginning of the episode lowkey strong arming Tom into getting back together w/ her cause she felt she was at the top, cut to the end with Tom being crowned and Shiv relinquishing any pride she had left and getting in the car with him 

:skull: all of them got the end they deserved. The male old guard getting the boot :foxaylove2: Karolina and Gerri saved :foxaylove2: Greg sorry ass becoming the new Tom :mandown:

Shiv detractors lost in the end. She will always be MOTHER 

Edited by lillavend3r

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.