The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

Obsessed with the soundtrack.Β :WAP:Also love how they expanded upon the love story (actually showing Eric being into Ariel. Def my 2nd fave Disney-remake, Jungle Book remains supreme though.

Β 

Β 

Oh and Jonah is a MAN!Β :WAP:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

barbiegrande

Definitely the best live action remake so far. Halle was perfectly casted. Am I the only one who thinks she resembles a young Sandra Bullock? Something about their eyes.Β 
Β 

Melissa McArthy was a miscast though. Not nearly enough charisma. Felt like she was doing a skit rather than actually embodying Ursula.Β 

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2023 at 6:56 PM, Stepfon said:

Am I the only one who doesn't get the raves for Melissa's performance? She brought NOTHING new to the character of Ursula at all, choices were clearly made.Β 

No, you're completely rightΒ :coffee2:Β The contrast between Melissa's performance and Jessica Alexander's, who actually delivered Ursula/Vanessa's unhingedness and crazy eyes, is like night and day. She focused entirely on sounding like Ursula's original voice actress but forgot all about how expressive she was with her face and movements in the animation.

Β 

tumblr_nhrsg6qUJc1r9ec5ao3_500.gif

Is it just my FYP or is this movie all over Tiktok? Hopefully that helps its legs.

Just got done watching it. It was really cute and fun, definitely entertaining. Halle did a superb job as Ariel and her voice is fantastic, Prince Eric was great and I LOVED Ursula. However, it was definitely way too long. I'm not sure why it was as long as it was, there was no need for it to be an hour longer than the original. The climax of the movie with Ursula was incredible but ended far too quickly. I have to say with all the hubbub about changing Ariels race, to me what was actually confusing was Eric's mom being black. That literally made NO sense.Β 

Β 

The CGI at times was really terrible and others really amazing. Not sure why they couldn't get it right for the entire movie.Β 

Β 

Anyway, it was a cute movie. Nothing spectacular but it doesn't deserve all the hate. I also don't think the "dark" scenes were bad at all like social media was trying to make it out to be.Β 

Β 

7/10

Just saw it today & I honestly loved it! It was really good probably one of the best Disney LIve actions with Beauty & the Beast & Aladdin :clap3:

Β 

Halle did a really good job

Β 

Melissa & Prince Eric both are perfect for each character :clap3:

Β 

Flounder was ugly that was my only complain!

This movie is far from perfect but I can't at it getting a lower Rotten Tomatoes score than Beauty and the Beast.Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmailMySwift said:

This movie is far from perfect but I can't at it getting a lower Rotten Tomatoes score than Beauty and the Beast.Β 

Right? It was at least a step up from that, but it will likely struggle to get to 500M. :skull:Β 

#1 in France again for a 5th day

https://twitter.com/luiz_fernando_j/status/1663621705040814084?s=46&t=Eka0cQoMAKutjqYjKTXx8g
actuallt growing in the UK, Monday was its biggest day with $2.4M pushing its 4 day total to $8.6M

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmailMySwift said:

BATB remake is genuinely one of the worst big budget movies of all time. Idk how that is even possible.

3 hours ago, 305 said:

to me what was actually confusing was Eric's mom being black. That literally made NO sense.Β 

She was his adoptive mother, so it makes complete sense for her race to be the same as or different to his.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, Xtina23 said:

Exactly! That's what I said and got told by MULTIPLE people that is was due to racism. smh

It's just numbers, receipts just like everything else we use on this forum.

Except you clearly are upset over this casting (you literally posted an entire paragraph about it in another thread :rip:Β ) and that is why you are actively rooting for the film to fail. Let's not act obtuse.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, Weld_E said:

Is it just my FYP or is this movie all over Tiktok? Hopefully that helps its legs.

Your what?

5 hours ago, Weld_E said:

Omg came here to say this. I keep seeing videos everywhere :jonny5:Β prince Eric :jonny4:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

56 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

She was his adoptive mother, so it makes complete sense for her race to be the same as or different to his.

Exactly + gives a little argument for all the ones who said Ariel is black blablablaΒ 

also yeah it’s funny to me how Sebastian was def from the Caribbean in the OG and Flounder was a tropical fish but we were all living in the idea that it needed to take place in the Northern countries… 

I’m glad I’m able to enjoy both Ariel tho… both can co exist and slay!!!Β 

Watched this yesterday with my best friend! We both liked it very much, personally loved it. Since the trailer release my love for The Little Mermaid was reborn. I have to admit that I never thought Halle would be a good choice for Ariel.. but after watching the film I have to apologize and say that she was STELLAR. Her voice was incredible and acting was good. The CGI was a bit off in some point but didn't really bothered me. Ursula and Vanessa were a highlight and provided great moments during film. Eric is such a hottie and also was an excellent choice.Β 

Β 

I loved the original film and it holds a special place in my heart since it's my favorite Disney movie ever. The live adaption remained loyal to the greatest parts of the original, but feels indifferent to make the audience who loved the animated version love the new as well. I'm so happy I watched this film and really glad I can have two versions of it that I can stan and love.Β 

Another strong day domestically. $11.2M Tuesday, once again beating Aladdin's Mon-Tues hold.Β 

Β 

Edit: make that $11.5M. very good drop from Memorial Day Monday (-50.5%)

Β 

Β 

Edited by BNF91

1 hour ago, BNF91 said:

Another strong day domestically. $11.2M Tuesday, once again beating Aladdin's Mon-Tues hold.Β 

Β 

Β 

Amazing news

https://twitter.com/boxofficefr/status/1663884285068169216?s=46&t=Eka0cQoMAKutjqYjKTXx8g

Β 

582,814 tickets sold for TLM first week in France

in comparison

Β 

- Aladdin 563 243
- Maleficient 627 607Β 
- Cinderella 636 418Β 
- Dumbo 550 574Β 
- Cruella 379 133

10 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Amazing! :clap3:Β 

Aladdin was able to gross ~$20M in France overall with a $3M opening so let me hope

I am watching it today! I am excited!! Gotta say, I rewatched the animated one last week and found it so messy in terms of how Ariel's whole personality was "I need to fall in love with a human!!!!"Β :toofunny3:Β But I guess that was the norm back then and all content for little girls had that same message.

Β 

No wonder boomers / older millennials can't cope with the concept of a strong woman.

Β 

Anyway, I will also say the marketing for this film was bad, like I wasn't sure I wanted to go to the theater and watch it, like the trailers did not convince me, everything looked so dark/dull but I'm happy to see that the people who have watched it say it is very good.

3 minutes ago, rta1913 said:

I am watching it today! I am excited!! Gotta say, I rewatched the animated one last week and found it so messy in terms of how Ariel's whole personality was "I need to fall in love with a human!!!!"Β :toofunny3:Β But I guess that was the norm back then and all content for little girls had that same message.

Β 

No wonder boomers / older millennials can't cope with the concept of a strong woman.

Β 

Anyway, I will also say the marketing for this film was bad, like I wasn't sure I wanted to go to the theater and watch it, like the trailers did not convince me, everything looked so dark/dull but I'm happy to see that the people who have watched it say it is very good.

did we watch the same animated movie? cause originally Ariel was very intrigued by the human world and wanted to be a part of it before she met Eric: she sings Part Of Your World before she sees Eric and before the shipwreck... Eric is just what pushes her even more and then Triton destroying all her collection which in a moment of distress, she let herself be fooled by Ursula... it was not her whole personality, it was just part of it

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Speaker Phone said:

Very odd how people think that a woman wanting a man somehow makes her less strong, or lacking in agency. This is really an American point of view too, can't imagine Europeans sharing it.

pretty much, I feel like nowadays there's no in between, it's either THIS or THAT

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.