The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

I knew the CGI would be hard and be really pushing the budget cause you have to do a whole underwater kingdom, underwater creatures, Ursula and her lair, the merpeople AND the human kingdom, the magic, the land animals, etc. :deadbanana:

The other Disney remakes only had a couple of those things :dies:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

3 hours ago, Buffy said:

Her hair is an ugly color. It’s more brown than red. The leaked trailer is light years better than this new teaser. They’re trying to sabotage this movie’s success :ace:

It's more orange than anything. Not sure why they didn't go for a deeper red.

While I can understand some of the criticisms with this TV spot, I'm still hyped for the movie. 

We need a full trailer, I'm tired of these teasers.  

46 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

It's more orange than anything. Not sure why they didn't go for a deeper red.

I saw some comments that mentioned how Disney may be going for a more realistic approach… colors may look muted, off, and dark right now because there’s not much light in the depths of the ocean and things may get more vibrant the closer the mermaids swim to the surface. It’s still a stupid artistic decision though. :coffee2: This was supposed to be a bright and magical kids movie, not a Zack Snyder film.

4 hours ago, Femalien said:

holy **** that cgi. the shot of her spinning to face the camera as she swam looked like it was from a Barbie Animated Movie :ace::deadbanana2:

Every Barbie Movie, Ranked Worst To Best According To IMDb

spacer.png

:gaycat6:

4 hours ago, Femalien said:

holy **** that cgi. the shot of her spinning to face the camera as she swam looked like it was from a Barbie Animated Movie :ace::deadbanana2:

Every Barbie Movie, Ranked Worst To Best According To IMDb

No seriously I've seen a few of the Barbie mermaid movies and that's exactly what it reminded me of :rip:

31 minutes ago, DEGUOM said:

spacer.png

:gaycat6:

Yeah ... the CGI here looks really bad.  :katie:

3 hours ago, Buffy said:

I saw some comments that mentioned how Disney may be going for a more realistic approach… colors may look muted, off, and dark right now because there’s not much light in the depths of the ocean and things may get more vibrant the closer the mermaids swim to the surface. It’s still a stupid artistic decision though. :coffee2: 

My guess why the scenes we saw look dark and "dull" is because they looked dark and "dull" in the original too... Like...

Look at the two short parts from Under The Sea. Everything is instantly brighter and more colorful.

In the other scenes she's sitting in a cave... At night... Of course it's dark. 

So no red hair at all confirmed.. 

They should've really booked Rihanna's hairstylist 

red hair GIF

The way you have some people complaining it's too dark and then others complaining some scenes are too bright and colourful. :gaycat6: It's almost as if people just love to complain.

3 hours ago, dman4life said:

No seriously I've seen a few of the Barbie mermaid movies and that's exactly what it reminded me of :rip:

Now wait…

8 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

The way you have some people complaining it's too dark and then others complaining some scenes are too bright and colourful. :gaycat6: It's almost as if people just love to complain.

true I was skeptical but am impressed so far with the delivery also Halle looks divine

The best part of all that spot was Melissa's Ursula laugh :skull:

Also why didn't they give her a big bow like the animated movie in the Kiss The Girl part? Why that plain and ugly headband? :rip:

They really didn't send their best to the creative department for this one, I'm afraid.

I feel like if they had really nailed the CGI / Art Direction it would have made it much harder to blindly criticize the movie over Halle's casting, but some of these creative choices so far... where is the glam?! Where are the colors? Where is the spectacle?!!

And apparently her animal friends might be all hyper realistic too... :rip:

Edited by TheCheshireCat

1 hour ago, TheCheshireCat said:

And apparently her animal friends might be all hyper realistic too... :rip:

They are. There are pics out there and you can see flounder in the new trailer. He is right behind Ariel in the sunken ship.

I mean, I don't think it's fair to use a low quality screen cap because that's obviously going to look bad, but either way the CGI it's not looking cute.

Also I agree what's with the hair? Why isn't it more red?

I will say they should not have any excuse about looking like **** because underwater and blah blah because in recent years we've god our good fair share of underwater blockbusters. They should have just hired the people from Aquaman or Avatar

cant wait to waTCH this in the cinemas.

i will be supporting halle no matter the costs :jonnycat:

6 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Mhmmm. Exactly.

15 minutes ago, Sexyzinger said:

The CGI. :skull: This is gonna be a MESS. @Walk_Away21

That gif :bibliahh: I am not a Disney adult so I was never seeing this, but it looks a mess. The Lion King did too and that made a bunch of money, so this should do fine. Flounder looks horrid. :deadbanana4:

With all of the controversy surrounding Halle Bailey's casting (which I think is perfect btw) Disney really should've gone all out to make sure everything was top notch. I'll still wait for the full trailer and of course the actual movie to make a full assessment. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.