The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

In Little Mermaid II: Return To The Sea, Triton does turn Ariel back into a mermaid for part of the movie, but I’m guessing it uses too much of the trident’s power to transform her regularly or something. 

I'm not sure I can accept any of those direct to DVD sequels as canon but that makes sense? Yet also removes the stakes of the movie since her decision means nothing and she can just have both worlds :toofunny2:

1 hour ago, UnfairTop said:

Yes she does. She litterally gives up everything just for a handsome man just like in the original. How does she not?

She's been OBSESSED with humans far before she met Eric. Did you even see her collection? People really are dumb OMG.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Kylizzle said:

I'm not sure I can accept any of those direct to DVD sequels as canon but that makes sense? Yet also removes the stakes of the movie since her decision means nothing and she can just have both worlds :toofunny2:

Not really? Triton’s arc is about letting Ariel go symbolically, not literally never seeing her again. 

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

Not really? Triton’s arc is about letting Ariel go symbolically, not literally never seeing her again. 

Well yes but if she can both go to the human world and the mermaid world on occasion it's a lot less dramatic. Ariel may as well just be moving away for college or something. 

21 minutes ago, Jessie said:

I was willing Melissa to eat but yeah it felt very much like a Disney mum cosplay or something.

She did a good voice impersonation of Carroll at times, and I did like when she had those flashes of anger in the PUS reprise but it goes to show how flat the supporting cast were that she was the most interesting performance outside Halle. Javier Bardem was lifeless until his final scene with Ariel.  Honestly whoever played Vanessa kinda ate her up as a villain in about 5 minutes of screen time.

Also the attempt at giving heft to the kingdom by trying to vaguely outline a more progressive political system, references to trade deals and ending malaria like, we get it, you want motivations that feel more “serious” and modern but it just added a layer of tediousness to a story that was already feeling stretched in its adaptation. I still loved Ariel looking out into the distance at the end, I just wish the added context wasn’t so overwritten.

Evermore >>>> Wild Uncharted Waters. The latter was still a pretty decent addition, certainly above whatever Awkwafina was doing. Ariel’s new song was good too, as was Kiss the Girl.

Above all though Ms Bailey truly deserves her flowers for how she carries this film. I mean that Part of Your World reprise — the acting, the longing, the singing — was beyond stunning. 

Whoever added this element as well as Belle’s mom dying of the plague to BATB needs to answer for themselves. 

17 minutes ago, ToMmY said:

She's been OBSESSED with humans far before she met Eric. Did you even see her collection? People really are dumb OMG.

And Rob made that clear in the remake. :giraffe:

18 minutes ago, ToMmY said:

Yea she has ooze it's and what's it's galore. OK so she did it for Eric and other humans got it 👌🏻 

4 minutes ago, UnfairTop said:

Yea she has ooze it's and what's it's galore. OK so she did it for Eric and other humans got it 👌🏻 

A teenager making a stupid decision. How unrealistic of them, right? :cm:

I think they did a good job at making it look less about Eric (because it was never about him only anyway) without changing the story too much. For example Ursula doesn't even say the part about men not valuing a woman's voice like in the original. At first I was disappointed but then realized it would change the context way too much for a 2023 movie.

I fell in love with Eric faster than Ariel. The dimples, voice , nips, and that butt :WAP:

This blew me away! I’m not a fan of the original, didn’t watch it until I was an adult, and my expectations were low for this, mostly due to the fact that MOST Disney live remakes suck. This was just incredible! I got chills and teary eyed every time Halle sang a song. 10/10 for me!

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 9:04 PM, Bimbo said:

I can't stop listening to Halle's Part Of Your World :jonny4:

Me neither it's been on repeat for me even at the gym :jonny5:

The US really came through for this movie. As usual the rest of the world flopped. :giraffe:

2 hours ago, ccfan007 said:

This blew me away! I’m not a fan of the original, didn’t watch it until I was an adult, and my expectations were low for this, mostly due to the fact that MOST Disney live remakes suck. This was just incredible! I got chills and teary eyed every time Halle sang a song. 10/10 for me!

So how did you like the music , awkwafina sang more then I wanted her too, she didn’t need to be on kiss the girls it didn’t feel as grand as the animated version, beauty and the beast brought be our guest to life so I was expecting that.

I think prince Eric had the best original song, but they kinda have to push Halle song so I’m not sure if she will get nominations.   There are 3-4 more musicals this year

Just watched it and honestly it blew my expectations out of the water. All the characters were great tbh and Halle was definitely a stand out. I had no problems with the CGI, it was executed beautifully for the most part. 8/10 from me. Definitely one of if not Disney’s best live action remake

After watching Avatar 2 in theaters i have no desire to pay for this as the effects look so bad. I dont feel like i have to see it on a big screen. I can watch this on Disney plus cheaper later on instead. Maybe some ppl feel the same? Idk.
But i also havent seen lion king, Cinderella, jungle book, alladin and whatever remakes they did already. I saw only Mulan on Disney plus. I always loved Pocahontas and Beauty and the Beast (wich is the only remake ive seen in cinemas). 

Why is Ursulas the only persons hair who floats under water the way it's supposed to? If you have long hair it will go up way above your head. In this film everyone but Ursulas hair just sits perfectly parted resting right on their shoulders with only a few strands moving around when submerged under water :deadbanana4: also Halle having as much make up as a playboy bunny was a bit silly when she's playing this wild ignorant person that doesn't know much about anything. Still it was cute film and I enjoyed it. Annoying made decisions though out this film though 

Edited by UnfairTop

#1 in France for a 4th day 

Wednesday - Sunday: 430,000 tickets sold for The Little Mermaid in France

7 hours ago, Xtina23 said:

According to Box Office Mojo, this film has made $185.8 million so far.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl1913750273/?ref_=bo_hm_rd

Yet the thread title states $200 million based on a Twitter source :rip:

Where are the unofficial $14.2 MILLION coming from? :ryan2:

Why does this bother you?

Oh, I see why now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, intheneonlights said:

Oh, I see why now.

These ppl are truly miserable 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, intheneonlights said:

Oh, I see why now.

That’s so rich coming from stanning their favs who used to culture appropriate back in the day

• Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.