The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

I love how this looks :WAP: sadly a lot of people will pan this because shes black and not the typical pretty girl that should interpret one of the most iconic Disney princesses but well… racism is everywhere 

Her look is not doing it for me so far but whew she sounds amazing.

That's what I'm excited for anyway. :duca:

She looks a MESS 

HOLY MOTHER :jonny5:

absolutely brilliant and stunning, and her voice and face… i got goosebumps instantly 

Disney is about to swim in money again 

Why did they not give her the Iconique Red Hair!?

Disney's The Little Mermaid is coming to theaters May 26, 2023.

“The Little Mermaid,” visionary filmmaker Rob Marshall’s live-action reimagining of the studio’s Oscar®-winning animated musical classic, opens exclusively in theaters nationwide May 26, 2023. “The Little Mermaid” is the beloved story of Ariel, a beautiful and spirited young mermaid with a thirst for adventure. The youngest of King Triton’s daughters, and the most defiant, Ariel longs to find out more about the world beyond the sea, and while visiting the surface, falls for the dashing Prince Eric. While mermaids are forbidden to interact with humans, Ariel must follow her heart. She makes a deal with the evil sea witch, Ursula, which gives her a chance to experience life on land, but ultimately places her life – and her father’s crown – in jeopardy.

The film stars singer and actress Halle Bailey (“grown-ish”) as Ariel; Tony Award® winner Daveed Diggs (“Hamilton,” “Snowpiercer”) as the voice of Sebastian; Jacob Tremblay (“Luca,” “Room”) as the voice of Flounder; Awkwafina (“Raya and the Last Dragon”) as the voice of Scuttle; Jonah Hauer-King (“A Dog’s Way Home”) as Prince Eric; Art Malik (“Homeland”) as Sir Grimsby; Noma Dumezweni (“Mary Poppins Returns”) as Queen Selina; with Oscar® winner Javier Bardem (“No Country for Old Men,” “Being the Ricardos”) as King Triton; and two-time Academy Award® nominee Melissa McCarthy (“Can You Ever Forgive Me?” “Bridesmaids”) as Ursula.

“The Little Mermaid” is directed by Oscar® nominee Rob Marshall (“Chicago,” “Mary Poppins Returns”), and written by two-time Oscar nominee David Magee (“Life of Pi,” “Finding Neverland”), with a live-action story adaptation by David Magee, Rob Marshall, and two-time Emmy winner John DeLuca (“Tony Bennett: An American Classic”), based on the short story by Hans Christian Andersen, and the Disney animated film by Ron Clements and John Musker. The film is produced by two-time Emmy® winner Marc Platt (“Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert,” “Grease Live!”), three-time Tony Award® winner Lin-Manuel Miranda (“Hamilton,” “In the Heights”), Rob Marshall, and John DeLuca, with Jeffrey Silver (“The Lion King”) serving as executive producer. The score is by multiple Academy Award® winner Alan Menken (“Beauty and the Beast,” “Aladdin”), who won two Oscars® for the music in the animated version of “The Little Mermaid,” with music supervised and produced by Mike Higham (“Mary Poppins Returns,” “Into the Woods”). Music is by Alan Menken, lyrics are by Howard Ashman and new lyrics are by Lin-Manuel Miranda.

:gaycat2:

The lighting did her dirty but otherwise this is great. Her voice is gorgeous and she's so beautiful

They kept her dreads oh #they are gonna FUME :jonny6:

Amazing. Unlike the bloated messes that were The Lion King (worst adaptation EVER!) and Beauty and the Beast, this actually looks nice. 

panned mess, i wont be surprised if they drop this to disney+

Edited by Sharapov

This is going to be a trainwreck and I am LIVING. :smiley:

Halle Bailey is just not it…serving Avatar under the sea. She should’ve auditioned for Flounder. 

Her voice is just wow. Godly

She doesn’t look good there honestly tho. She doesn’t look like they even tried.

But I’ll wait for the whole thing before saying anything more.

1 minute ago, Legend ReX said:

Halle Bailey is just not it…serving Avatar under the sea. She should’ve auditioned for Flounder. 

:bibliahh:

Someone said Halle Bailey looks like Swae Lee and i cant unsee it :deadvision:

Bald. I’m literally bald.

Outstanding CGI. Her voice. Her hair… ugh *chef’s kiss.*

I think it’s interesting they’ve slightly tweaked the arrangement for Part Of Your World… excited to see the full thing.

I want a huge opening weekend and an 85%+ on RT.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.