HDD: Beyoncé to debut with 500K-600K on Billboard 200

Majord

600k, WOW :clap3: Is she going to break Harry's vinyl record? 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Njshawty

• Bears01

• Kool_Aid_King

• Lovett

Giving Survivor era teas

Survivor debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 663,275 copies, the highest first-week sales figures of any female group in the SoundScan era and the highest first-week sales figures of any album in Columbia Records' history

Destiny's Child – Survivor.jpg

It's a wild card.

The initial success of ST and Lemonade was driven by the surprise gimmick, media overhype and physical exclusivity.

This, on the other hand, is a completely new scenario for her.

Edited by Oceania

I think she is doing 250k~300k

1 hour ago, Oceania said:

The initial success of ST and Lemonade was driven by the surprise gimmick, media overhype and physical exclusivity.

LOL so any old artist could have used a surprise release and resulted in ST/Lemonade type of success. Beyonce had nothing to do with it. 

claydohboon-you-look-stupid.gif

2 hours ago, Massive_Teardrop said:

LOL so any old artist could have used a surprise release and resulted in ST/Lemonade type of success. Beyonce had nothing to do with it. 

I wasn't even trying to shade her :rip:

9 hours ago, Janelle said:

The fact they predicted 500-600 instead of 300-400 makes me wonder if they know something 

yeah its either a set up or she has crazy pre-orders :rip:

50 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

I don't think she does :lmao:

6 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

I don't think she does :lmao:

its ok Tidal will save us 

3 hours ago, Oceania said:

I wasn't even trying to shade her :rip:

Who cares what you were trying to do?

Cuz regardless 

jk I don't even know u I don't think you're stupid 

This feels like a set up :skull: But if her pre-orders are insane then good for her. I want her to smash because BMS is a SMASH and she needs to show what the other girlies need to do

I dont think a pre released album sales predictions are valid. 

I personally think she'll pull around 450k max but I'll love for her to sell much more. 

Yeah, I don’t think you can compare SEA for Red TV to Renaissance. We simply don’t know how Renaissance is going to perform on AM for instance, which is generally Taylor’s weakest domain. All we know is BMS did really well there, so maybe they’re using that as an indicator. 

No way is she going to do 500-600k. Like I said, 250-300k at most. If she does more than that, I’ll be surprised. Pleased, but surprised. 

Wow. 600k is really, really good. Will be a massive disappointment if it debuts with less than half of that and undercuts all of the predictions.

5 minutes ago, despy said:

welp

You know that number is fabricated, right? :rip:

21 hours ago, Pheromosa said:

I was thinking she might have a country We  Belong Together ready to go for 2nd single. The new Still The One 

she's my all time fav, but this is a bit delusional.

I just want the MUSIC anywaaaay.

Exactly what I was thinking if not more :alexz:

Although a lot of y'all are calling setup but I actually see her doing it.

This is her first studio album of the streaming era that won't be exclusive to TIDAL and that's going to benefit her numbers massively on top of the bundle sales.

We also don't know who's on it or what she has up her sleeves.

13 days to go y'all!!!!

Edited by NEUTRON

I’m confused, if Harry can do 500k first week, why do y’all think Beyonce can’t?

this is her first traditional roll out in ages, with a single that is smashing worldwide. 

I personally think those Renaissance packages that are sold out will count towards first week sales, which will help a lot. People will also instantly listen off her name alone. 

I think the predictions are high but they aren’t too far fetched. I personally see her doing 350-400k. Excited nevertheless to hear the album.

Edited by Brysexual

3 hours ago, Brysexual said:

I’m confused, if Harry can do 500k first week, why do y’all think Beyonce can’t?

this is her first traditional roll out in ages, with a single that is smashing worldwide. 

I personally think those Renaissance packages that are sold out will count towards first week sales, which will help a lot. People will also instantly listen off her name alone. 

I think the predictions are high but they aren’t too far fetched. I personally see her doing 350-400k. Excited nevertheless to hear the album.

Beyoncé fans are older now they won’t be streaming like Harry fans. The boxes are for WW so probably not that much as you would think. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.