Gorgeous 300M; reputation 3.9B; Don’t Blame Me biggest Taylor song on Spotify

Taylor fanboy

reputation is really a timeless album. Very few artists have done what Taylor did with that record. 
Rated R and Ultraviolence come to mind. More timeless records.

Man I wish she committed more to the bad b*tch persona and pushed another single instead of RFI. 

DBM wouldve been a great 2nd single tbh to establish her pop hook sensibilities but to also be a darker Taylor. Delicate wouldve been a smash hit had she not ruined rep's momentum.

her best album winning in the end we love to see it

• ATRL Moderator

:wanda:

11 hours ago, selena_lavigne said:

reputation is really a timeless album. Very few artists have done what Taylor did with that record. 
Rated R and Ultraviolence come to mind. More timeless records.

reputation is nothing but timeless :toofunny2:

the album sounds outdated on arrival

Just say you're obsessed with female artist albums with Black & white aesthetic

11 minutes ago, Safe&Sound said:

no. folklore did not interest me in the slightest.

what ties those 3 albums in my head is not that the covers are black and white :rip:

if anything i am obsessed with albums that look internally in a playful and dark way and have bombastic production.

20 minutes ago, Safe&Sound said:

reputation is nothing but timeless :toofunny2:

the album sounds outdated on arrival

also, reputation is timeless because of how dated it is :rip:

it's a product of it's time and it will live on forever because of it.

Things have changed so dramatically since that 2017 thread about Taylor "underperforming on streaming":

"[Look What You Made Me Do] is also yet to hit 300M on Spotify despite peaking already, having multiple follow-up singles released and, of course, the album

Follow-up single "Ready For It" fared even worse, bringing in just 126M plays on Spotify and only a slightly better 144M result from Youtube. This was a #4 hit in the US Billboard Hot 100. In comparison with other #4 hits by female artists, Million Reasons by Lady Gaga has reached 175M plays on Spotify, while Katy Perry's Chained To The Rhythm will top 300M plays the next time Spotify refreshes its playcounts.

Time since release is definitely a factor to be taken into account, but considering Taylor Swift is the biggest popstar in the world, it's realistic to expect that she would be able to reach these figures in a fraction of the time of the other girls anyway.

Other singles/songs Gorgeous, Call It What You Want and End Game look unlikely to break 100M plays on Spotify anytime soon; something even Bon Appetit and Swish Swish were able to do without much difficulty"