Why is fatshaming a bad thing?

bocelli

Before you come at me with  "troll!!!", no Im not trolling. Obesity is extremely unhealthy and by pointing out someone is overweight, we are pushing them to go after a healthier lifestyle. Why is that a bad thing?

5 minutes ago, bocelli said:

pointing out someone is overweight, we are pushing them to go after a healthier lifestyle

Because bullying is wrong?

No one should he bullied for their shape

However, encouraging someone to be fat like Lizzo or others do is what’s really wrong.

All those viral videos calling morbidly obese people “queen” “slay” etc are encouraging them to harm themselves.

One thing is to bully someone and another to recognize that is really a dangerous lifestyle and could ruin/kill someone.

Edited by Trent W

the same reason you wouldn’t like someone calling you a ******… tf? :toofunny3:

4 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Because bullying is wrong?

No one should he bullied for their shape

However, encouraging someone to be fat like Lizzo or others do is what’s really wrong.

All those viral videos calling morbidly obese people “queen” “slay” etc are encouraging them to harm themselves.

One thing is to bully someone and another to recognize that is really a dangerous lifestyle and could ruin/kill someone.

Who is talking about bullying people?

cuz it hurts the feelings:chick3:

Because mind your own business?

Y'all come up with the dumbest questions (that just shows you're not smart at all) to try to get a hit thread 

Most comments are made in bad faith, no matter how much you want try to claim ‘concern’ or ‘real encouragement’. It’s fake. It’s just bullying.

6 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Y'all come up with the dumbest questions (that just shows you're not smart at all) to try to get a hit thread 

What if your family member is extremely overweight - you wouldnt tell them?

28 minutes ago, bocelli said:

we are pushing them to go after a healthier lifestyle. 

4AX9.gif  This is the only type of "pushing" you're talking about :rip:

8 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Well, welcome to ATRL. :bibliahh:

4 minutes ago, bocelli said:

What if your family member is extremely overweight - you wouldnt tell them?

Do you actually think overweight people don't know they're overweight? :rip: If so, let me reiterate my last post:

16 minutes ago, bocelli said:

Who is talking about bullying people?

Calling fat someone and reminding them all the time is bullying them

And stop looking for attention with your threads, your intentions are very transparent 

Edited by Trent W

generally, fat people are unhappy with their bodies, so fatshaming could be considered kicking someone while they're already down

It’s literally in the word “shame”. Why would you wanna partake in a negative act of making people feel bad for how they look. It just really isn’t nice, and telling people something they’re already aware of is a futile effort. It’s universally known that it’s not healthy :rip: 

also some of them could be already working on it and are actually losing weight, so shaming them ruins how they feel about their progress. Just don’t do it, period. 

Speaking from my own experience (lost 60lb in the past year, 20 more to lose), many of us really have no need for “push” or “encouragement” from outside parties. It has to come from yourself to do the work to get healthy. 

Girl, what kind of question is this? :rip: 

of course it's bocelli :hoetenks:

this is a messy thread and im probs about to post a messy post but when i was fat i kinda liked being fatshamed bc it motivated me to lose the weight :thing: i don’t speak for everyone tho ofc… or maybe im into humiliation idk . either way