• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Communion

• Sugar-Rush

48 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

I get she's the punchingbag of the week but who are the people in the picture? There's no caption.

Also, is it truth that Islam allows abortions? I find it hard to believe considering how it basically treats women like trash.

44 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Abortion is NOT permitted in Islam. the Quran is so clear cut on this topic too like these blue check people say anything

A lot of the countries are backwards and culturally push beliefs that have no reference or mention in the Quran. Abortion is permitted in Islam (the religion) in most cases, the time until you can get it varies though based on who you're speaking to or your interpretation. The general belief is around 120 days or 4 month period. Some say 6 months, some say 3 months. 

--

This is incredibly ignorant of her to say. It always makes me laugh when American's do American things but act like they're living in Muslim countries. The delusion. When they ban gay marriage (or leave it up to the states) they'll make the comparisons even more despite only having gay marriage legalized for less than 10 years.

The replies saying that Islam is pro-abortion completely prove that some Twitter liberals  don't know what they're talking about. :toofunny3:

Edited by Sugar-Rush

19 minutes ago, iammadmat said:

all of that still doesn’t make it right for people to blame this decision on islam, most of the people who decided that aren't even part of that religion so her reasoning is stupid and ignorant. 

Nobody is blaming the recent Roe v Wade repeal on Islam. :confused: People are just drawing comparisons between conservative Christians and conservative Muslims. That's literally it. :biblio:

According to ATRL islam is pro-choice, pro-woman and pro-gay, but somehow that doesn't reflect islam majority countries? Idk. Something is not adding up.

This was not it for Bette though IF these supposedly western liberal muslim politicians are pro-choice though. Then you're just being ignorant. 

3 minutes ago, Sugar-Rush said:

Nobody is blaming the recent Roe v Wade repeal on Islam. :confused: People are just drawing comparisons between conservative Christians and conservative Muslims. That's literally it. :biblio:

Bette's post is implying exactly that, there was not need for her to post that. 

10 minutes ago, Nexto said:

I never said that though? Bette's post was dumb and I made it clear in my post that I was talking about those clueless activists defending Islam in her quotes when they wouldn't last a day under Sharia law :rip:

Sorry if i misunderstood your post, i agree with you 100%

9 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

A lot of the countries are backwards and culturally push beliefs that have no reference or mention in the Quran. Abortion is permitted in Islam (the religion) in most cases, the time until you can get it varies though based on who you're speaking to or your interpretation. The general belief is around 120 days or 4 month period. Some say 6 months, some say 3 months. 

its only allowed in very specific cases of rape and the mothers life being at risk tho… you cant just simply abort according to Shariah law. i got lessons on this book as a child and its so specific that abortion is forbidden according to Islam by default. Its forbidden in the Biblical testaments as well. This is the verse of the quran that forbids abortion. 

Say, "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited to you. [He commands] that you not associate anything with Him, and to parents, good treatment, and do not kill your children out of poverty; We will provide for you and them. And do not approach immoralities - what is apparent of them and what is concealed. And do not kill the soul which Allāh has forbidden [to be killed] except by [legal] right. This has He instructed you that you may use reason."

8 minutes ago, Album Leak said:

According to ATRL islam is pro-choice, pro-woman and pro-gay, but somehow that doesn't reflect islam majority countries? Idk. Something is not adding up.

This was not it for Bette though IF these supposedly western liberal muslim politicians are pro-choice though. Then you're just being ignorant. 

Islam is none of those things people need to stop fooling themselves

Stupid liberal old white hag showing her racism. Color me surprised 

What the hell is going on with her?! I was giving her the benefit of doubt with the other stupid tweet. But now she went from transphobia straight to islamophobia. I wish she would just log off. 

4 minutes ago, Nexto said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that abortion is banned in almost every country where Islam is a state religion. It's literally anti pro choice. And according to the Quran, abortion is only allowed is if the pregnancy is a danger to the mother's life, or to protect her physical health. That's it. Not sure where you're getting those "most" cases from. :rip: 

None of those things are in the Quran. 

“Do not kill your children for fear of want. We shall provide sustenance for them as well as for you. The killing of them is a great sin.” - Quran 17:31

It's almost the same as Christianity: explicitly forbidden if done out of convenience. So to make it seem like Islam is any better is extremely moronic and delusional. Women having bodily autonomy is a human right that is clearly not acknowledged here.

Abortion is not banned in Islam (the religion), that's the moral to the story, so her comparison is false. In America, their argument is Abortion should be left up to the states and some states do not want it for cases of rape, incest or to save the woman's life as it stands. 

This thread isn't about your hatred towards Islam, it's about Bette Middler's tweet implying the United States is like a Muslim country despite all Muslim countries having cases where you can have legal abortion and have always had this ruling. 

3 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

its only allowed in very specific cases of rape and the mothers life being at risk tho… you cant just simply abort according to Shariah law. i got lessons on this book as a child and its so specific that abortion is forbidden according to Islam by default. Its forbidden in the Biblical testaments as well. This is the verse of the quran that forbids abortion. 

Say, "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited to you. [He commands] that you not associate anything with Him, and to parents, good treatment, and do not kill your children out of poverty; We will provide for you and them. And do not approach immoralities - what is apparent of them and what is concealed. And do not kill the soul which Allāh has forbidden [to be killed] except by [legal] right. This has He instructed you that you may use reason."

Thank you for googling an excerpt from the book you likely have never read or have no context on. I'm glad you got "lessons about the book" as a child, but I'm a Muslim who has read the book several times. Muslim scholars themselves will tell you abortion is permissible. I never implied it's some super pro-choice religion but in theory, abortion is allowed, thus making Bette's twitter post incorrect and ignorant.

11 minutes ago, Album Leak said:

This forum is actually disgustingly islamophobic. Literally every single thread about Islam has dozens of users swarming in to **** on the religion, followers and countries. As evidenced by this thread, a lot of the users just foam at the mouth to talk about it and post their "expert opinions". Just because some of us don't despise the religion doesn't mean this forum is Pro-Islam. It's nothing of the sort. As a Muslim, I feel like less of a person a lot of times stepping into some of these threads and reading the hateful things they say.

Religion is trash but she made zero points with this

2 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Abortion is not banned in Islam (the religion), that's the moral to the story, so her comparison is false. In America, their argument is Abortion should be left up to the states and some states do not want it for cases of rape, incest or to save the woman's life as it stands. 

This thread isn't about your hatred towards Islam, it's about Bette Middler's tweet implying the United States is like a Muslim country despite all Muslim countries having cases where you can have legal abortion and have always had this ruling. 

Thank you for googling an excerpt from the book you likely have never read or have no context on. I'm glad you got "lessons about the book" as a child, but I'm a Muslim who has read the book several times. Muslim scholars themselves will tell you abortion is permissible. I never implied it's some super pro-choice religion but in theory, abortion is allowed, thus making Bette's twitter post incorrect and ignorant.

This forum is actually disgustingly islamophobic. Literally every single thread about Islam has dozens of users swarming in to **** on the religion, followers and countries. As evidenced by this thread, a lot of the users just foam at the mouth to talk about it and post their "expert opinions". Just because some of us don't despise the religion doesn't mean this forum is Pro-Islam. It's nothing of the sort. As a Muslim, I feel like less of a person a lot of times stepping into some of these threads and reading the hateful things they say.

I literally grew up in a muslim household and your evidence is right there. Quran always overrides the opinion of scholars first and foremost and the grand majority of Islamic scholars over the course of the last 1400 years agree that abortion is forbidden. Literally their God speaks on it directly in the Quran, its part of Shariah law, most muslims agree its haram (forbidden) classical Islamic scholars agree its an immoral act but you think a ATRL forum disproves that abortion is legal. Only specific cases like the life of the woman being in danger allows it :rip:

And for the record. Bette actually understands that there are some coincides with Biblical Sharia and Islamic Sharia laws. Islam is a religion that holds death penalty for fornicating but you think abortion is permissible is such an oxymoron. 

38 minutes ago, iammadmat said:

Bette's post is implying exactly that, there was not need for her to post that. 

That wasn't her point at all, why are you purposely being daft? Why would an American like Bette - who knows by common sense that Muslims make up only a tiny minority of the US population and make up an even smaller percentage of lawmakers - imply that Islam was responsible for Roe v Wade getting repealed? :rip: 

Her point was clearly that 6 out of 9 SCOTUS judges have conservative beliefs, similar to some conservative Muslims. That was all. Everyone but you understands this. :psyduck:

Edited by Sugar-Rush

Isn’t she making it that they’re the Taliban? 

I think she means the SCOTUS is becoming like the taliban. And she's right.

Unlike the tweet about women’s rights, this one is actually messy :deadbanana4:

She’s serving Debra Messing realness. Extremist Islam deff can be criticized but bringing it up out of the blue and tying American abortion bans to Islam when you have evangelical christians to blame for that is a MESS.

8 minutes ago, Sugar-Rush said:

That wasn't her point at all, why are you purposely being daft? Why would an American like Bette - who knows by common sense that Muslims make up only a tiny minority of the US population and make up an even smaller percentage of lawmakers - imply that Islam was responsible for Roe v Wade getting repealed? :rip: 

Her point was clearly that 6 out of 9 SCOTUS judges have conservative beliefs, similar to some conservative Muslims. That was all. Everyone but you understands this. :psyduck:

Sure, that’s why a lot of people are dragging her on twitter, regardless of what her point was there was no need at all for that comparison, my point is that she could’ve avoided the comparison since there’s already a lot of hate towards islam for her to fuel that fire even more. 

i am not hating on Bette, it just feels weird to me that she would post something like that, that’s all. 

22 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

13 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I literally grew up in a muslim household and your evidence is right there. Quran always overrides the opinion of scholars first and foremost and the grand majority of Islamic scholars over the course of the last 1400 years agree that abortion is forbidden. Literally their God speaks on it directly in the Quran, its part of Shariah law, most muslims agree its haram (forbidden) classical Islamic scholars agree its an immoral act but you think a ATRL forum disproves that abortion is legal. Only specific cases like the life of the woman being in danger allows it :rip:

And for the record. Bette actually understands that there are some coincides with Biblical Sharia and Islamic Sharia laws. Islam is a religion that holds death penalty for fornicating but you think abortion is permissible is such an oxymoron. 

I was waiting for anyone that grew up in the religion or were at least adjacent to it to comment before I said anything and now I'm glad I did, because I tried to get clarity on this on Google which I didn't get and now I've read this and am even more confused :ace: 

Maybe I need to wait to parse out the terms on some articles outside Twitter and here once the dust settles, because neither of the latter are generally known for subtlety and/or depth :rip: 

This rat has been acting real brave ever since Disney decided to put some food on her table :biblio:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.