Do you go to music shows alone?

madonnas

ALL the time. If I didn’t then I wouldn’t be able to reach my goal of 100 shows this year. 

I have, and it wasn't awkward at all, in fact, I enjoyed the experience a lot, it's similar to going to see a movie by yourself, it's "unusual" but it feels good 

Never.. 

We have a deal in our squad that we'll always go with one of Us to a concert they want. 

That's how I ended up on a jason derulo concert :biblio: that's what you get for having only straight friends. 

At least he was in his underwear most of the show :allears:

Going to shows is basically my hobby so most of the shows I've attended have been by myself. :gaycat4:

11 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

That's how I ended up on a jason derulo concert :biblio: that's what you get for having only straight friends. 

:bibliahh:
sounds like you should’ve just gone to a male strip bar then 

Of course, it’s really great to occasionally have “me time” and doing what you like just by yourself

All the time, I get better standing positions without having to think about anyone else

The people who complain about going alone don’t see many shows. At the end of the day you’re there for the music and not to socialize. :giraffe:

I prefer going with friends, but if nobody is available or wants to go I will absolutely go alone and still have a good time. 

I saw Tori Amos alone in March and it was amazing, I enjoyed the concert on my own just as much as I would've had I gone with someone else.

I’ve done this multiple times for concerts. You can make friends with people at the venue because a lot of them are fans and are there for the same reason as you. I actually made a life long friend doing this, but there’s also no shame in just sitting by yourself and doing your thing. 

as for movies, that’s one of the things I do regularly and is honestly one of my favourite things to do. 

4 hours ago, GagaStefi said:

Yes :cm: I learned quickly that it’s better go alone than not at all 

This tbh. I go alone quite often.

I've gone to movies alone but concerts? I need my friends with me for hype energy otherwise I think I'd be bored out of my mind.

Always, for the most part. It's normal. The only time I go is with a friend who got the tickets to the same night as mine. I am going to see BENEE this week but because I want to because I've been waiting 2 years to hear the EPs + Hey u x live.

I don't feel like dragging out people to shows that they don't feel interested in. Too much of a hassle. If I have a partner, I am not going to force them to go if they don't want to. I am not missing my faves live just because I don't know anybody to go with. I am going because I want to go. Simple as that. I am here to see my fave, it doesn't bother me. I also meet people in the queues.

Did this for the first time this year, and it's a great experience. I like a lot of artists that most of my friends don't know or care about, and going alone allows you to be fully present and enjoy without worrying if your company is liking it or not. Having a couple drinks beforehand or when you get there helps if you're feeling a little self conscious about going solo, and personally makes me enjoy the show a bit more. You'll also start to notice that there are plenty of other people there by themselves!

Yes a lot. Most of my friends are not interested to see the gay hags I like.

• ATRL Moderator
14 hours ago, JoeAg said:

peaches! holy f*ck she’s so underappreciated at this point

rub is actually a v good pop album

beach house were iconic in denver! i cried during lazuli, and superstar and new romance are up there with their best songs tbh

She’s doing a 20th anniversary of Teaches of Peaches tour!  I wish we got new music, but I’ll take it.  I did see her for the Rub tour.  It was sooo good but also like 6 years ago so I’m ready for another experience.  I recommend seeing her if you can!

I was honestly super pissed that they didnt perform any part 3 or 4 songs when I saw them! Or any TYLS songs! Oh well? We got Lazuli.  

• ATRL Moderator
14 hours ago, JoeAg said:

peaches! holy f*ck she’s so underappreciated at this point

rub is actually a v good pop album

beach house were iconic in denver! i cried during lazuli, and superstar and new romance are up there with their best songs tbh

She’s doing a 20th anniversary of Teaches of Peaches tour!  I wish we got new music, but I’ll take it.  I did see her for the Rub tour.  It was sooo good but also like 6 years ago so I’m ready for another experience.  I recommend seeing her if you can!

I was honestly super pissed that they didnt perform any part 3 or 4 songs when I saw them! Or any TYLS songs! Oh well? We got Lazuli.  

Yep. Went to see Lana, Lykke and Cigarettes After Sex on my own.

I’ve done it a few times before as a lot of artists I like my friends don’t listen to much and honestly it’s always been a good experience.

2 hours ago, madonnas said:

that’s siiiiick i wanna hear AA XXX live and seductively mouth the lyrics to a hot guy or something

ugh yeah same i wanted to hear Majorette, Sunset, Another Go Around, and Hurts to Love really bad :chick3::chick3:

I saw Orville Peck by myself in May. Last minute decision and none of my gay friends live nearby anymore, so didn’t really have anyone who would want to pay to see someone they don’t know. I thought it was going to be weird, but it was surprisingly nice. I had a great time and just focused on the show. There were also a lot of other solo concertgoers from what I could tell. 

I hope to do the same for Björk someday, because I KNOW none of my friends would pay $300 to see her and none of them would appreciate her like me nnn. 

I’ve always loved going to the movies by myself so idk why I was nervous. 

I did it a couple of times and it was always a nice experience, i am a more reserved/shy person but everytime there is someone wanting to chat and you get to meet new people or even making friends if you want to so you arent really alone. I prefer going with friends tho because of safety reasons.

It might sound weird but I don't particularly like live music shows in general. If I'm drunk and have seats they can be tolerable, but I'd rather be a silent spectator without the expectation of being engaged in a live show. All the external simulation around, alone or otherwise, I find to be distracting. Japanese audiences kind of have the vibe/approach right methinks. I went to my first festival last year and found it to be one of the most miserable experiences 

yes cus ppl around me are so boring

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.