Do you go to music shows alone?

madonnas

• ATRL Moderator

I have recently just bought a couple show tickets completely solo.

I have friends but my social circle is fairly small, and we're all busy and have full time jobs (thankfully no children yet), and my boyfriend is introverted and not into the same music as me so I wouldn't feel right dragging him to every single show I want to go to, so I came to the realization that if I want to go to a show, or even see a movie in theaters, I can go by myself rather than sitting and home being sad nobody went with me.

What is your experience doing this ATRL?  Is it awkward?  Or even better because you're not worried if your friend/partner is into it?

Do you meet up with strangers or stick to yourself?

i usually go to shows alone cause my friends dont like the artists i do and i usually just go in, watch the show and go home, im not one to talk to strangers much. some people feel awkward to sing out loud when theyre alone though but i never got that feeling 

I have done for Madonna and Bjork, mainly because of the cost of tickets that others didn't want to spend as much as me to do VIP etc seating and generally you can get a lot better seats being solo than with a group. It's not awkward for me personally.

YES all the ones i’ve gone to since late september have been alone!

i’ve seen modest mouse twice alone, beach house alone, marina alone, and mitski alone

HOWEVER at the second modest mouse concert and the mitski concert i ran into ppl i know. anyway i love going to concerts alone tbh

I've always gone with friends tbh, but there have been a couple times that I got caught in a pit or went closer up & ended up by myself :toofunny2:

Nothing wrong with going alone, I'd definitely go for it!

I have been to a few shows alone, it's fun and it's not weird at all, I would rather go alone than not going because my friends couldn't or didn't want to go, you could even meet new friends with similar taste in music.

Yes. I think I’ve seen three big shows alone, one of which was during a larger solo trip to Europe. And I go to the movies alone all the time. I don’t have time to wait for other people to get their **** together or to come around and try to interest themselves in what I already like. If I wanna do something I’m gonna go do it, **** y’all. :cm:

I’ve never actually gone alone because I have a lot of friends that enjoy the same music as me but I totally would go alone if that wasn’t the case. 

• ATRL Moderator
12 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

YES all the ones i’ve gone to since late september have been alone!

i’ve seen modest mouse twice alone, beach house alone, marina alone, and mitski alone

HOWEVER at the second modest mouse concert and the mitski concert i ran into ppl i know. anyway i love going to concerts alone tbh

Omg I managed to see Beach House earlier this year :smitten: but I took too much of an edible so they got a little scary near the end but in a sorta good way  lolz.  

I just purchased tickets for Peaches, Mr Twin Sister, and Haru Nemuri alone cause … I’ll be damned if I don’t see them live! 

Yes :cm: I learned quickly that it’s better go alone than not at all 

I went to Melodrama Tour alone and it was such an experience :jonny6:

I’ve been alone and I still had an awesome time. Everyone that’s around, loves the music you do, so when you’re all singing and cheering, i guarantee you won’t feel lonely or anything.

Also, if you have to wait on other people to do things in life, you’ll never make it anywhere so Definitely go! 

• ATRL Moderator

I went to see Florence alone and had a great time. I also used to split from my friend group at festivals a lot to see who I wanted instead of what they wanted. 

Yeah. Almost every concert or show I have ever been too, I go alone. Mainly cuz I don’t have friends 

Yeah I go alone to every concert because all of my friends are broke and/or have completely different music taste from me. I would rather go alone than miss out on the opportunity completely, I would regret it so much if I didn't go at all. I do have to admit that sometimes I feel awkward, depending on the vibes of the people near me, but I just try to ignore them if the vibes aren't good and focus on the music :heart2: It gets a lot less awkward once the music starts anyway

Sometimes I go with friends and sometimes I go alone. I actually have better experiences going alone. :dies:

I don’t have many friends so I tend to go alone most of the time (99%) and it’s honestly fine. Most of the time a group of people will just adopt you and vibe with you anyway since everyone is just having fun enjoying the music. 

1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Yeah. Almost every concert or show I have ever been too, I go alone. Mainly cuz I don’t have friends 

Me too :toofunny2: And I've never been the only one there by themself. There will be plenty of other people by themselves or with uninterested friends/boyfriends/girlfriends who you can talk with if you're really worried about it being awkward. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Punky Rooster said:

I have done for Madonna and Bjork, mainly because of the cost of tickets that others didn't want to spend as much as me to do VIP etc seating and generally you can get a lot better seats being solo than with a group. It's not awkward for me personally.

It’s my goal in life to see bjork live! The bitch charges like $600 for nosebleeds though.  So :deadbanana:  

I would like to see Madonna too, but I saw her at the MDNA tour (nosebleeds, I was a broke college student) and that was a really good tour so … hmm 

I sold my black veil brides ticket because I had nobody to go with. So no I don't 

1 hour ago, madonnas said:

Omg I managed to see Beach House earlier this year :smitten: but I took too much of an edible so they got a little scary near the end but in a sorta good way  lolz.  

I just purchased tickets for Peaches, Mr Twin Sister, and Haru Nemuri alone cause … I’ll be damned if I don’t see them live! 

peaches! holy f*ck she’s so underappreciated at this point

rub is actually a v good pop album

beach house were iconic in denver! i cried during lazuli, and superstar and new romance are up there with their best songs tbh

I mainly go alone tbh, met a lot of new people in queues

I always go on my own, idk I'm never bothered about it

1 hour ago, badvibez said:

Me too :toofunny2: And I've never been the only one there by themself. There will be plenty of other people by themselves or with uninterested friends/boyfriends/girlfriends who you can talk with if you're really worried about it being awkward. 

Yeah but I’m a antisocial person in general?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.