Drag Race Down Under | Season Four announced! | Michelle Visage takes over as host!

publikcitizen

13 hours ago, FOCK said:

Minnie being so dyslexic, she can't read the room. 

Just... mess. :toofunny3:

tsmadison-laughing.gif

tsmadison-laughing.giftsmadison-laughing.gif 

tsmadison-laughing.gif

I effing love Minnie :ahh:

Edited by Serendipity

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• genetic fail

• KFC

• mokitsu

Overall, it’s an improvement from S1 but why is the editing still so strange? The random bursts of laughter all throughout :skull:

So happy Spankie Jackson won! She’s such a pure soul! Loved her interaction with Yuri :heart2:

The production value is the main issue carrying over from season 1. Like I’m sorry but it just seems like a amateur run production of drag race from every department (lighting, writing, editing, etc). Like I think Ru and Michelle being there drags the show down because it could have a more invested local host like most of the other international series, but I also think them being there is a bad look for their own careers to be involved with something so sloppy.

that isn’t a dig on the queens, they are the bright spot, and I will say I do love that older queens are getting the spotlight compared to how US really only seems to look for pretty girls in their 20s anymore. And her looks are busted, but lord there is just something so comforting to me about a true brick of a “man in a dress” style drag queen like Spankie Jackson. Like that is just a classic old school bar queen type drag that I am nostalgic for

Not Spankie winning over Minnie, with those sad wings plucked off a little girl's halloween-fairy-costume

Yuri & Hannah looked stunning :jonny: Sad to see Aubrey go, but she had a good showing for a 2nd-out

Also:

oSdtpDj.png

The episode was a mess for me again :'( The judging, the challenge, the editing... Still feels so crunchy and amateur.

Ru and Michelle shouldn't be there tbh. They seem uninterested and drag the atmosphere down. A local host would've been much better.

I love Spankie, she's just a joy to watch, but her winning was a joke :rip: Clearly should've been Minnie or Hannah.

The bottom was fine and I'm not too mad about the elimination.

I feel like we didn't even get to know Aubrey at all, but honestly it's hard to even care when everything has been a mess so far :rip: 

That decrepit crypt keeper Minnie Cooper is insufferable. The nerve of her calling somebody else entitled when she's come into the competition thinking the world owes her **** just because she's old :rip: Twice in one episode she had to bring all the attention to her by throwing a tantrum. Brittle-boned ass ***** :deadbanana:

The other walking corpse Spankie was actually quite likeable this episode, even though I would have given the win to Hanna Conda because her runway was sublime :smitten:

I really hope they do away with this young vs old storyline they've been pushing because the old queens aren't talented enough to justify it and now that the acting challenge is done there's nothing else for them to win :rip:

Edited by HotFriedChicken

So is this season worth watching? I checked out from season one after episode 4. :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

The constant compliments of Spankie's outfit :bibliahh: I honestly don't mind the look being atrocious because her personality is so fun she just reminds me of the local queens from my city.

Kween's lip sync was so effortless :jonny:  I just hope she doesn't end up being the Tynomi of Down Under.  

2 hours ago, Rachel Berry said:

So is this season worth watching? I checked out from season one after episode 4. :rip:

In a word no. The lighting and sound are just as bad as the first season and the editing is somehow worse :rip: Ru and Michelle are completely checked out although I will say the cast is cute minus the two old hags who are the most unlikeable queens to grace Drag Race in the last five years

Ru and Michelle are so uninterested and checked out it's actually funny :ace:

Hannah looked STUNNING in her runway.

12 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

In a word no. The lighting and sound are just as bad as the first season and the editing is somehow worse :rip: Ru and Michelle are completely checked out although I will say the cast is cute minus the two old hags who are the most unlikeable queens to grace Drag Race in the last five years

Qween Minnie has got you eating from her liver spotted hands, the obsession! Repent and get into the unstable genius of Minnie Cooper.

18 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

That decrepit crypt keeper Minnie Cooper is insufferable. The nerve of her calling somebody else entitled when she's come into the competition thinking the world owes her **** just because she's old :rip: Twice in one episode she had to bring all the attention to her by throwing a tantrum. Brittle-boned ass ***** :deadbanana:

The other walking corpse Spankie was actually quite likeable this episode, even though I would have given the win to Hanna Conda because her runway was sublime :smitten:

I really hope they do away with this young vs old storyline they've been pushing because the old queens aren't talented enough to justify it and now that the acting challenge is done there's nothing else for them to win :rip:

I am trying to eliminate ageism from my system but :ahh:

• ATRL Moderator

The bitter old lady brigade is what’s gonna keep me checked in for the next episode.  

what’s not to love about them? Minnie serves polish and drama and spankie gives us personality. 

Lowkey, they can retire DU after this season. It's still the worst English-speaking version on all fronts (production value, queens, uninterested judges etc).

But I still watch

20 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

Lowkey, they can retire DU after this season. It's still the worst English-speaking version on all fronts (production value, queens, uninterested judges etc).

But I still watch

I second this, unless something drastically changes throughout the season. 

I am enjoying the diversity of this cast though. I thought I was going to love Beverly but something about her is putting me off. The Spankie/Yuri moment was so heart-warming :heart2:

Favs at the moment are Hannah, Molly, Yuri & Pamora. I think it's too early to place any bets.

Wow this episode was actually really good

Why are the subtitles so bad and inaccurate on this though? :deadbanana4:

I thought Yuri was going to be in the bottom for mumbling her way through her set :rip:

Also everyone who called Hannah the Australia Baga Chipz needs to apologise because she has eaten up the runway the past two weeks

This was maybe the best episode in Down Under's history, hope they keep up. :clap3:

The top 2 winning made sense though I really wanted a win for Kween Kong and Minnie. 

Beverly Kills turned it out in the Starstruck lipsync and is actually a good performer. I think she'll get better as the season progresses. Mostly good runways this week on the whole. 

This was a really good episode! Probably the strongest one of the DU franchise thus far. I can't believe Spankie is a frontrunner already with two wins after being in the bottom 2 in the first episode :wanda:

Loved this episode! The winners felt right and the runway was good. I’m glad Beverly is still there because she’s the villain we deserve.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.