Gaga is always ahead of trends. Agree?

T.O.A.D.S.

Gaga released her acclaimed and Grammy winning '90s house influenced album Chromatica in 2020 and now two of the biggest artists in the world, Drake and Bey, have jumped on the '90s house genre.

She released her pop-rock influenced single Perfect Illusion in 2016, years before rock-influenced pop would become mainstream again.

She also single-handedly re-introduced dance-pop and electro-pop to the mainstream in 2008, as we already know.

Why is Gaga always a trendsetter and not a trend follower?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T.O.A.D.S.

• LosingHimWasBlue

• Ricardo1993

• fentypark

this is lowkey tea 

Gaga always had a mind of her own :clap3:

In 2008 maybe but Chromatica sounds very 2010/2011’d and the only 90s House track is a Swish Swish/Truffle Butter ripoff 

fact check: TRUE:gaygacat4:

:rip: no

It reminds me of Joanne, those Country/Folk influenced albums that all the commercial artists started coming out with after. Literal Impact I would say being unbiased

Edited by Great808

14 minutes ago, Great808 said:

It reminds me of Joanne, those Country/Folk influenced albums that all the commercial artists started coming out with after. Literal Impact I would say being unbiased

Great example.

Justin_Timberlake_-_Man_of_the_Woods_(OfKesha_-_Rainbow_(Official_Album_Cover).pngMiley_Cyrus_-_Younger_Now_(Official_Albu

Edited by T.O.A.D.S.

18 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

These house influenced songs came first though :bird:

?‍♀️?

14 minutes ago, PopKills said:

In 2008 maybe but Chromatica sounds very 2010/2011’d and the only 90s House track is a Swish Swish/Truffle Butter ripoff 

The fact that you think that song has some influence on Gaga's music. :deadbanana4:

OT: Yes, I remember Joanne and then Miley, Kesha and Kylie releasing country/folk-ish influenced albums, along with the points you made in the OP. 

23 minutes ago, Pop said:

Yes. They call it The Chromatica Effect

Just embarrassing at this stage. 

beyonce-side-eye.gif

The Fame effect

The Joanne effect

The Chromatica effect 

queen :clap3:

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

The fact that you think that song has some influence on Gaga's music. :deadbanana4:

OT: Yes, I remember Joanne and then Miley, Kesha and Kylie releasing country/folk-ish influenced albums, along with the points you made in the OP. 

I love Gaga but its true that Sour Candy, the only 90s House Chromatica track, has been done 3 years earlier by Katy. And btw Gaga played *that* song at the first date of the Joanne Tour right before the concert. 

16 minutes ago, Schhh said:

I doubt Beyonce and Drake (just like the rest of the world) have even heard of Chromatica.

You really embody this gif to the fullest

black-lady-talking-to-herself-on-subway-

OT: She’s always been a trendsetter and she does it so effortlessly too, which makes it even more commendable.

There’s a reason why she’s already a bonafide LEGEND. 

Gaga generally operates off-trend, you don't even need to stan or like her to acknowledge this.  The only exception would be ARTPOP.  

12 minutes ago, Schhh said:

I doubt Beyonce and Drake (just like the rest of the world) have even heard of Chromatica.

Beyonce is a Gaga fan and Drake probably listens to pop music more than some people on this forum, sorry to disappoint. 

I think it's more about the fact Gaga always collabs with producers that can smell the trend before it's coming, it might be a stretch that they literally inspired those trends, but you can't deny that Gaga and her producers always know what might be popular again in the coming years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.