J.Lo supports her child coming out as non-binary in performance & goes TikTok viral

insomniac

Say what you want about J.Lo but she's an incredible mom

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• insomniac

• Hot Volcano

• Rican

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rican said:

So J. Lo kids, Demi and Halsey also fall under the same “T” as Laverne Cox and Caitlyn Jenner?

Yes, they could, because both have overlapping experiences of not identifying with their birth sex. What's confusing? There's no harm in questions, but you're not asking questions; you're making definitive statements with accusations that harm binary and nonbinary trans people.

Jlegend gaining points :clap3:

congrats to them :clap3:

Props to JLo. Also, she sounds amazing. I wish her documentary talked more about how much effort she's put in to her vocals over the past few years with Stevie Mackey.

2 hours ago, Communion said:

Yes, they could, because both have overlapping experiences of not identifying with their birth sex. What's confusing? There's no harm in questions, but you're not asking questions; you're making definitive statements with accusations that harm binary and nonbinary trans people.

Ugh not really. It’s simply not identifying with the gender society places on you. Sex would make them trans. Theres already a space for them In LGBTQ+. Being non-binary doesn’t make you trans. 

7 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Ugh not really. It’s simply not identifying with the gender society places on you. Sex would make them trans. Theres already a space for them In LGBTQ+. Being non-binary doesn’t make you trans. 

There are non-binary people who experience gender dysphoria and not all binary trans person experience dysphoria from their genitals. It's a bit like intersex discourse; some intersex people will not identify as transgender, while a significant portion do. Some non-binary people do not see themselves as trans, but many do. The language the person prefers should be respected and used for that person. As well, being non-binary doesn't mean not having gender dysphoria nor being (binary) trans means you do.

There are binary trans people who experience dysphoria in less overwhelming ways than a non-binary person may experience dysphoria. Both do not identify with the sex they were assigned at birth. The point being that neither intersex nor non-binary people identifying within the umbrella of transgenderism is what negatively impacts trans people. Cis people refusing to respect any of the three is what harms trans people.

Edited by Communion

8 hours ago, MrLovett said:

The arrogance of this post, only to show how blatantly ignorant you are. Jesus.

The T represents non-binary people. If you weren't so caught up in yourself and cared about educating yourself on the wider community, you'd know that.

:clap3: drag it

10 hours ago, blueberries said:

Demi impact

:rip:

J.Lo progressive queen :clap3: 

Let me give Goin' In a stream :katie2:

10 hours ago, ConceptD said:

That was a tone deaf bit of singing at the end from both

At least we know they’re definitely related then!

JLo is a damn queen, such a role model, professional, kind, and proud of her kids for being themselves in an increasingly queerphobic society - we love to see it :clap3:

I don’t really deem a non binary as a transgender. They’re two different situations. 

ot: I watched her documentary and loved it. I have so much respect for her now. An icon 

The CaCa stan showing arrogance and ignorance. :toofunny3:

J.Lo is such a great mom. Anyone hating on here in this thread is pathetic. 

Don’t non binary people come under the ‘+’ in ‘LGBTQ+’? They have a place in the community and aren’t hurting anyone, so to disregard them over semantics is just odd. 

Maybe if some of you had parental support in your own lives I-

OT: Congrats! I'm glad they both have such a positive relationship

3 hours ago, Ferret said:

I don’t really deem a non binary as a transgender. They’re two different situations. 

Agree

Non-binary people do not face the same struggles and have the same history as Trans people who broke down barriers for all of us in the LGBT community. 

Halsey & Demi do not belong under the same letter as Laverne Cox & Angelica Ross. They are already included in the ‘+’ in LGBTQ+

-

OT: Nice to see JLO is so supporting 

11 hours ago, MrLovett said:
  • Gender is a construct though, which is determined by society. I'm not overly sure why you believe a trans person would be offended by that discussion.
  • Yes of course there are trans people who have re-transitioned. Quite a few actually. It does work that way...
  • I'm not sure why you're confused why you would receive a WP for misgendering someone? As I said, gender is a societal construct. It's not hard to be respectful and refer to people how they wish to be referred to.
  • It's under the same umbrella because both transgender and non-binary people are deviating their gender from their birth sex. Their experiences may differ, but they're still the same. The same thing can be said for gay people. We may both have wildly different experiences with discovering our sexual orientation, coming out etc. but we're still both gay.

It's not even remotely problematic, it's literally what 'transgender' means. This isn't a personal debate on whether you include non-binary people in the meaning of 'transgender' or not, they are factually included. You can think they shouldn't be, if you really want to. But regardless they are considered part of the 'trans umbrella'.

11 hours ago, insomniac said:

Non-binary | An adjective describing a person who does not identify exclusively as a man or a woman. Non-binary people may identify as being both a man and a woman, somewhere in between, or as falling completely outside these categories. While many also identify as transgender, not all non-binary people do. Non-binary can also be used as an umbrella term encompassing identities such as agender, bigender, genderqueer or gender-fluid.

https://www.hrc.org/resources/glossary-of-terms

Google is free and the acronym has expanded more than just the 4 letters LGBT (to LGBTQ+ / LGBTQIA+), as explained here before. Although some non-binary people identify as transgender and “may feel seen” under the letter T, there are also those that do not and “may feel seen” under the +. It’s not all black and white.

God I Iove smart people! :smitten2:

Thank God there's people out there with some braincells left. We see you! :heart2:

16 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

Remind me again, which letter in LGBT represents non-binary people? :)

This comment says you're a POS.

23 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

God I Iove smart people! :smitten2:

Thank God there's people out there with some braincells left. We see you! :heart2:

:heart:

22 hours ago, Valentine said:

First non-binary to perform at the Super Bowl? An icon

NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT!! Iconic.

anigif_sub-buzz-4076-1580749207-1.gif

On 6/19/2022 at 12:07 PM, Bussea said:

T. since they’re part of the trans community. now stop being such an annoying dismissive b!tch.

OT: :clap3:

Yessss! Scalp the funky b****!

23 hours ago, Outlaws said:

This comment says you're a POS.

Yesss! Drag ha. Sh*tty b***h.

the people trying to gate keep who can be trans or not :rip: unless you are trans, shut the **** up. Your opinion does NOT matter.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.