J.Lo supports her child coming out as non-binary in performance & goes TikTok viral

insomniac

I just gained a lot of respect for J.Lo. She's a good and supportive parent and let’s her child be exactly who they are. I wish more parents would be as respectful of their kid’s wishes 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• insomniac

• Hot Volcano

• Rican

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Rican said:

Right! It appears to be performative on her end for clicks and performative of her stans for them to scream loudly that she supports some type of gay agenda. :gaycat6:

A child coming out is a private matter and should of remained as such. 

This concert was two days ago. Jen posted some random clip of her doing a song (Get Right), but none of her kid. She hasn’t addressed it at all outside of the concert performance introduction.

Ever thought how maybe Jennifer’s child might’ve been done being referenced to as “daughter”, “she”, “her” in anything relating to her mother. Maybe they wanted this to be put out once and for all so it doesn’t need to be addressed anymore. Maybe they are now at a place where they’re comfortable and proud and thought it would be cool to do for Pride month. They are close to her mum and has performed with her many times before. If it was performative and for clicks J.Lo would’ve already shared this all over and done interviews about it. 

Also your comment about her stans using it to scream loudly she supports a gay agenda shows your hatred with this woman. This is a mother supporting her child. But if you were to look into J.Lo she’s been a proud LGBTQ+ ally for many years. Yes! 

Edited by insomniac

58 minutes ago, Mobility Mary said:

Very cool very fascinating

50 minutes ago, deGonzz said:

38 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

You three ran into this thread (with a subject that makes it very clear what it's about) to post that? The unhealthy obsession with Jennifer Lopez.:skull:

We need more supportive parents!!!

2 hours ago, MrLovett said:

The arrogance of this post, only to show how blatantly ignorant you are. Jesus.

The T represents non-binary people. If you weren't so caught up in yourself and cared about educating yourself on the wider community, you'd know that.

2 hours ago, fountain said:

Let them know :clap3:

You cant call people ignorant if they are not educated enough on some things. Since you are this eager to jump on me, at least try to properly educate me.

Explain me this -  arent transgender people the OPPOSITE of non-binary? They believe they should've biologically been born a different sex and they are dedicating their lifetime to transition which comes with many obsticales and the society rejecting them while non-binary people dont even believe in gender and simply wake up one day and say "now my pronouns are gonna be they/them" and they are changing it whenever they prefer (example - as of recently Demi changed back to she) , meanwhile trans people cant magically manipulate their situation and go back to who they were before transitioning. 

1 minute ago, Hot Volcano said:

You cant call people ignorant if they are not educated enough on some things. Since you are this eager to jump on me, at least try to properly educate me.

Explain me this -  arent transgender people the OPPOSITE of non-binary? They believe they should've biologically been born a different sex and they are dedicating their lifetime to transition which comes with many obsticales and the society rejecting them while non-binary people dont even believe in gender and simply wake up one day and say "now my pronouns are gonna be they/them" and they are changing it whenever they prefer (example - as of recently Demi changed back to she) , meanwhile trans people cant magically manipulate their situation and go back to who they were before transitioning. 

Not you trying to play the victim now, because your arrogance was called out and then double down on said arrogant ignorance.

No, transgender people aren't the opposite of non-binary. :rip: Transgender literally means their gender identity does not correspond with their birth sex. Which is why non-binary people also fall under the 'trans umbrella'. Again, not all trans people have surgery as part of their transition, which you clear seem to be focusing your understanding of trans people on.

Also, not all non-binary people use the pronouns 'they/them' and certainly don't "wake up one day" and decide to completely change their gender identity.

Do some research. Because it's extremely clear that you don't understand trans people in any way, let alone non-binary people. There is a lot of information out there that you can read. Don't choose to be ignorant.

Isn't one of J.Lo's siblings' kids also non-binary? Glad the family seems to be supportive and inclusive of everyone :heart2: 

27 minutes ago, Inverted said:

You three ran into this thread (with a subject that makes it very clear what it's about) to post that? The unhealthy obsession with Jennifer Lopez.:skull:

You don't think it's very cool and very fascinating? Not sure why this triggered you :rip: talking about "unhealthy obsession". You seen me comment on (m)any JLo thread? LOOOL

Um chile anyway so..

3 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

No wonder ATRL is so pressed by JLo :cm:

Excellence ONLY, tea :clap3:

(what's next? "You're gay? Freddie Mercury impact"? lmao!)

And Jessie J impact for bissexuals :swan:

25 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Not you trying to play the victim now, because your arrogance was called out and then double down on said arrogant ignorance.

No, transgender people aren't the opposite of non-binary. :rip: Transgender literally means their gender identity does not correspond with their birth sex. Which is why non-binary people also fall under the 'trans umbrella'. Again, not all trans people have surgery as part of their transition, which you clear seem to be focusing your understanding of trans people on.

Also, not all non-binary people use the pronouns 'they/them' and certainly don't "wake up one day" and decide to completely change their gender identity.

Do some research. Because it's extremely clear that you don't understand trans people in any way, let alone non-binary people. There is a lot of information out there that you can read. Don't choose to be ignorant.

Stop calling that user ignorant when he/ she was bringing up valid discussion points. This topic is still up for many debates. 

Non-binary people can be understood as people who do not accept the given two sexes we currently have: male and female - hence, the term „non-binary“ - or even people who just don’t fully accept their given birth sex but the opposite sex (these people accept the two sexes). It’s honestly a wholly confusing topic and I think it’s fair that people question the idea of it as well. 

2 minutes ago, pimmelfratze said:

Stop calling that user ignorant when he/ she was bringing up valid discussion points. This topic is still up for many debates. 

Non-binary people can be understood as people who do not accept the given two sexes we currently have: male and female - hence, the term „non-binary“ - or even people who just don’t fully accept their given birth sex but the opposite sex (these people accept the two sexes). It’s honestly a wholly confusing topic and I think it’s fair that people question the idea of it as well. 

No. :heart2: They may be bringing up "valid discussion points" in your opinion, but they're presenting them in an incredibly dismissive and arrogant way.

40 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

There is no "guide" for all of this :rip:  I have watched many videos on Youtube but they just confused me even more. If I were a trans person I would be offended that someone out there is like "but gender doesnt even exist, the society made us believe its real" when I just went through HELL during my entire lifetime because of changing my gender - surgery included or not. You are making it seem so simple and forcing your opinion onto me, when the topic is hardly simple. Have you ever heard of a trans person "going back"? Saying "oh I changed my mind, even tho since I was 5 I wanted to be a woman/man, now I wanna go back". It DOES NOT work that way, meanwhile being non-binary clearly DOES. To me it's ridiculous that a few months ago we would be given a WP if we reffered to Demi as a "she" and now since she changed her mind, mods are no longer giving us WPs :skull:  But if she changes her mind AGAIN, it will be WP worthy :rip:  So how can you say it's "under the same umbrella"? :toofunny2:

Edited by Hot Volcano

2 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

No. :heart2: They may be bringing up "valid discussion points" in your opinion, but they're presenting them in an incredibly dismissive and arrogant way.

Don’t mean to be rude, but don’t you agree that sometimes being „dismissive and arrogant“ can also be a matter of opinion? My point is that there’s no need to be (in you own words) dismissive. <3

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

"A transgender" tells everyone all we need to know about your (lack of) understanding of trans people. :rip:

So J. Lo kids, Demi and Halsey also fall under the same “T” as Laverne Cox and Caitlyn Jenner? That is dangerous and problematic because there is a big difference between those 2 groups.

JLO Queen we been knew 

1 minute ago, Hot Volcano said:

There is no "guide" for all of this :rip:  I have watched many videos on Youtube but they just confused me even more. If I were a trans person I would be offended that someone out there is like "but gender doesnt even exist, the society made us believe its real" when I just went through HELL during my entire lifetime because of changing my gender - surgery included or not. You are making it seem so simple and forcing your opinion onto me, when the topic is hardly simple. Have you ever heard of a trans person "going back"? Saying "oh I changed my mind, even tho since I was 5 I wanted to be a woman/man, now I wanna go back". It DOES NOT work that way, meanwhile being non-binary clearly DOES. To me it's ridiclous that a few months ago we would be given a WP if we reffered to Demi as a "she" and now since she changed her mind, mods are no longer giving us WPs :skull:  But if she changes her mind AGAIN, it will be WP worthy :rip:  So how can you say it's "under the same umbrella"? :rip:

• Gender is a construct though, which is determined by society. I'm not overly sure why you believe a trans person would be offended by that discussion.
  • Yes of course there are trans people who have re-transitioned. Quite a few actually. It does work that way...
  • I'm not sure why you're confused why you would receive a WP for misgendering someone? As I said, gender is a societal construct. It's not hard to be respectful and refer to people how they wish to be referred to.
  • It's under the same umbrella because both transgender and non-binary people are deviating their gender from their birth sex. Their experiences may differ, but they're still the same. The same thing can be said for gay people. We may both have wildly different experiences with discovering our sexual orientation, coming out etc. but we're still both gay.
Just now, Rican said:

So J. Lo kids, Demi and Halsey also fall under the same “T” as Laverne Cox and Caitlyn Jenner? That is dangerous and problematic because there is a big difference between those 2 groups.

It's not even remotely problematic, it's literally what 'transgender' means. This isn't a personal debate on whether you include non-binary people in the meaning of 'transgender' or not, they are factually included. You can think they shouldn't be, if you really want to. But regardless they are considered part of the 'trans umbrella'.

Non-binary | An adjective describing a person who does not identify exclusively as a man or a woman. Non-binary people may identify as being both a man and a woman, somewhere in between, or as falling completely outside these categories. While many also identify as transgender, not all non-binary people do. Non-binary can also be used as an umbrella term encompassing identities such as agender, bigender, genderqueer or gender-fluid.

https://www.hrc.org/resources/glossary-of-terms

Google is free and the acronym has expanded more than just the 4 letters LGBT (to LGBTQ+ / LGBTQIA+), as explained here before. Although some non-binary people identify as transgender and “may feel seen” under the letter T, there are also those that do not and “may feel seen” under the +. It’s not all black and white.

Edited by insomniac

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

Yeah, I truly can't stop talking about JLo. This random meltie:rip:

15 minutes ago, MrLovett said:
  • Gender is a construct though, which is determined by society. I'm not overly sure why you believe a trans person would be offended by that discussion.
  • Yes of course there are trans people who have re-transitioned. Quite a few actually. It does work that way...
  • I'm not sure why you're confused why you would receive a WP for misgendering someone? As I said, gender is a societal construct. It's not hard to be respectful and refer to people how they wish to be referred to.
  • It's under the same umbrella because both transgender and non-binary people are deviating their gender from their birth sex. Their experiences may differ, but they're still the same. The same thing can be said for gay people. We may both have wildly different experiences with discovering our sexual orientation, coming out etc. but we're still both gay.

It's not even remotely problematic, it's literally what 'transgender' means. This isn't a personal debate on whether you include non-binary people in the meaning of 'transgender' or not, they are factually included. You can think they shouldn't be, if you really want to. But regardless they are considered part of the 'trans umbrella'.

Does appearance matter? Let alone the everyday struggles of a transgender?

Transgenders that I have met thru out life always undergo a transformation to look the part that they identify with.

I don’t think I ever met a transgender that doesn’t want to undergo the transition process.

Non binary people, from what I have seen don’t want to go undergo a transition they just dress whatever style they want on any given day. 

Than you have non binary folks like Halsey that can biologically carry kids and constantly use the words “‘mother” and “breast feeding” whenever talking about her child while Laverne wouldn’t be able to relate to child birth or breast feeding.

Demi, out of the blue now doesn’t mind being refer to as a she or her. Transgenders all the time fight hard to not be refer to their gender at birth and to have their birth certificates change.

The whole thing is problematic to put those two groups under the same umbrella because they appear to not have anything in common. Not sure why breaking them up as their own “letter” is problematic. 

But yet again perhaps Demi and Halsey are not good examples of “non binary” because there has been allegations that their non binary coming out is/was for attentive purposes. 

I will always love this woman. She is an angel and one of the many things I respect about her is how she puts her children first and is allowing them to discover their own identity in their own way. The people hating on this are weird and miserable. 

1 hour ago, deGonzz said:

You don't think it's very cool and very fascinating? Not sure why this triggered you :rip: talking about "unhealthy obsession". You seen me comment on (m)any JLo thread? LOOOL

Um chile anyway so..

1 hour ago, Mobility Mary said:

Yeah, I truly can't stop talking about JLo. This random meltie:rip:

I have a hard time believing you weren't trolling, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. And that last person who didn't respond to my quoting is definitely a troll obsessed with Jennifer.

As for whether this is actually "very cool and very fascinating," not really. It's a woman supporting her child. Maybe that's uncommon for some people. :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.