Rumor: Adele and Harry Styles snubbed Jubilee after being invited to perform

Gwendolyn

Adele and Harry Styles are believed to have turned down the opportunity to perform at the Platinum Jubilee weekend.

The Platinum Party at the Palace was one of the main highlights of the four-day celebrations to honour the Queen's 70 years of service earlier this month, where a host of global superstars took to the stage outside Buckingham Palace for the two-and-a-half hour concert on June 4.

Organisers of the concert were keen to include Los Angeles-based Adele, 34, following her impressive return to the spotlight last year.

Their hopes were dashed though after Adele, who was awarded an MBE for services to music in 2013, snubbed the approach.

Adele

A source told the Daily Mail: "They were told she couldn’t do it. Scheduling issues, or something like that, were given as an excuse.

"It caused a lot of surprise, particularly as she was awarded an MBE. After all, how many chances will there be to perform in front of Buckingham Palace for the Queen?"

Former One Direction star Harry, 28, is in the midst of a world tour but that did not clash with the Platinum Party at the Palace and he headlined Radio 1's Big Weekend in Coventry the week prior.

No explanation was given for Harry's rejection to the invitation, with a source simply saying: "He was asked".:rip:

0_BESTPIX-Radio-1s-Big-Weekend-2022-Day-

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/adele-harry-styles-snubbed-jubilee-27267129 

Edited by Gwendolyn

Maybe that explains the awful lineup.. Nicola saved it though :rip:

Harry performed at Harry and Meghan’s wedding reception and then dipped :fan:

I’m surprised about Adele though, a Republican!

I feel like 'performing for Buckingham Palace' doesn't really hold that much weight anymore

If Adele is anti-royal, it just gives me even more reason to like her. :jonny5:

1 minute ago, Cain said:

I feel like 'performing for Buckingham Palace' doesn't really hold that much weight anymore

True but the show had a peak of 12 million watching in the UK, this could have been a good opportunity but nowadays the public are increasingly becoming anti-monarch.

Adele is just lazy :zzz:

Imagine if she performed. It could be a promo for her. 

If the queen doesn't look like in Bridgeton we don't want IT

not a good look for the Vegas flaker

2_TOPSHOT-BRITAIN-ENTERTAINMENT-MUSIC-AW

Yeah… I would say it’s rather telling.

Being “pro monarchy” in the U.K. is akin to holding a value system that aligns with the right... despite what the leader of the Labour Party wants you think.

Good. I’m glad they snubbed the opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Adele and Cancel :mrpeanut:

How can she cancel something that she never agreed to do.

kG8eG52.gif

2 minutes ago, Daydream said:

How can she cancel something that she never agreed to do.

kG8eG52.gif

Oh!

If true, then I’m glad she didn’t perform. Her comeback performances at Hyde Park will bring the 30 era back on track the way it needs to. 

They were asked and said no, that's that, doesn't have to be deeper than that, they also don't need any explaination.

Adele turned down every promo offer nnnnn

I wonder what's going on with Adele, the way she hasn't performed since her album release (;;;・_・)

She lives in LA, this says it all, tbh. NOT that she's located in LA because she works hard. She has an album out every seven years.

"They were told she couldn’t do it. Scheduling issues, or something like that, were given as an excuse.

Shocking :skull:

34 minutes ago, Mister Max said:

I wonder what's going on with Adele, the way she hasn't performed since her album release (;;;・_・)

Adele is just being Adele :cm:

She also turned down Kate Middleton and Williams' wedding performance. 

1 hour ago, Gwendolyn said:

"It caused a lot of surprise, particularly as she was awarded an MBE. After all, how many chances will there be to perform in front of Buckingham Palace for the Queen?"

These people are insane :rip: the jubilee was an excuse for a celebration, no one in Adele's generation and below cares about ms Liz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.