Jump to content

Joe Biden just signed executive order advancing LGBTQ+ rights


anti-bitch
 Share

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Good

hopefully he is doing something for the abortion problem too

That’s all going to be up to Congress. Anything Biden does would be temporary. It would be shot down with the next presidency. Given what a mess the midterms are, Biden is going to have all sorts of headaches getting anything through without temporary executive orders. The GOP will move to impeach him the minute they take office and have a majority next year. It’s going to be a non-stop sideshow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • rihannabiggestfan

    9

  • anti-bitch

    5

  • ClashAndBurn

    3

  • Communion

    6

1 minute ago, spree said:

2nd term on lock :clap3:

:bibliahh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bocelli said:

Lmao America is always so LATE on everything compared to Europe

 

Thank God my ancestors chose the right continent

 

kSBnn9D.gif

I always forget that Russia, Poland, and Hungary for example are not European.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But he’s just as bad as trump I was told 😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Communion said:

20+ replies and only two of us actually took the time to read the actual executive order. :toofunny3:

At this rate, on this site, I’m honestly just surprised I haven’t been called deranged for expressing that I want something more robust. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

At this rate, on this site, I’m honestly just surprised I haven’t been called deranged for expressing that I want something more robust. 

The night is still young :oh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

At this rate, on this site, I’m honestly just surprised I haven’t been called deranged for expressing that I want something more robust. 

LGBT progressives: Umm the sentiment is nice but I would love actual concrete instruction that the federal government will use its full might to punish school systems and healthcare providers who harm LGBT people!

Someone posting from Finland never having been to the US: How ungrateful! I can't wait to vote for Joe in '24! :clap3:

 

:skull:

Edited by Communion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you Kamala :clap3: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This sounds like a whole lot of nothing :noparty:

 

The LGBTQ+ needs more than just a clickbait title... what exact actions are going to be taken and followed through?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neolibs love studies and recommendations. The praising in here :bibliahh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So executive orders can be cut when the next republican President gets in office right? Didn’t Biden undo a bunch of Trump orders like on the first day…

 

I mean It’s better than nothing but this needs to be federal legislation. The Equality Act needs to pass. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

This sounds like a whole lot of nothing :noparty:

 

King of not getting things done indeed :clap3:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

Next time @ me if you talk about me. 

Sis, I literally did a Madlibs where you plug in any random country. You literally don't have your location on.

 

The point was not the random country used as an example, but the example of how people who do not even live in America will scold Americans for not being enthusiastic about Biden while trying to create a sense of excitement about Biden that simply doesn't exist by lying about and making it appear to be he has more support than he does.

 

See: People not only cheering on this (I like many parts of it too!), but outright ignorantly scolding people who have previously scolded Biden for a myriad of issues he's fallen short on *despite that they themselves lack the capacity to explain in words and articulate what they think any of these things materially mean and would do*.

 

I'm not saying you've done any of that; I know literally nothing about you nor do I even know if you've posted in here or not. 

Edited by Communion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

In fact I might have to move to the US one day because there's so many people that I like, even if the politics are downright dangerous in some places.

Hshaahshaj :ahh:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Miley Cyrus said:

Endless posturing. Endless platitudes. :sorry: 

We need a REAL leftie :sorry: 

American society is way too far right for a leftie president... this is as best as you can guys, take it or leave tbh :michael:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

Sis, I literally did a Madlibs where you plug in any random country. You literally don't have your location on.

 

The point was not the random country used as an example, but the example of how people who do not even live in America will scold Americans for not being enthusiastic about Biden while trying to create a sense of excitement about Biden that simply doesn't exist by lying about and making it appear to be he has more support than he does.

 

See: People not only cheering on this (I like many parts of it too!), but outright ignorantly scolding people who have previously scolded Biden for a myriad of issues he's fallen short on *despite that they themselves lack the capacity to explain in words and articulate what they think any of these things materially mean and would do*.

Ok, sorry. I have said in the US politics thread that I'm from Finland a few times, and since I started this thread, I thought you meant me, lol.  Again, my bad!

 

But yeah, I recognize that Joe is very unpopular and not delivering likes was hoped for him. And, as a side note, Bernie Sanders has been my favorite for years, especially since his policies are very akin to the social dems in Finland, so I wish he was the president there. I guess Joe really believes in incrementalism as the way forward. I hope he comes to his senses and starts using more exec orders with other issues too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, A Bomb said:

Hshaahshaj :ahh:

 

Estelle's 'American Boy' is my anthem, lol. I should find one and move to a safer country with him then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The notion that I'm supposed to be satisfied with this which should have already been on the books is insulting. 

 

As has already been discussed here, a real fighter would use the bully pulpit to get the Equality Act passed, but they'd just use the excuse that that'd waste political capital. There little lower for him to go in polling so that logic's idiotic too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Espresso said:

The notion that I'm supposed to be satisfied with this which should have already been on the books is insulting. 

 

As has already been discussed here, a real fighter would use the bully pulpit to get the Equality Act passed, but they'd just use the excuse that that'd waste political capital. There little lower for him to go in polling so that logic's idiotic too. 

At this point, they don't want to protect us. Much like the abortion issue and their lack of will to codify Roe, the Dems want gays to constantly be under threat of violence so that we HAVE to vote Democrat in every election just to hopefully retain the right to survive.

 

Maybe they should visit the white gays of WeHo. That'll show them how that strategy works when you treat the LGBTQ+ community as a monolith, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

we love her again :clap3: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, LadyDiana said:

American society is way too far right for a leftie president... this is as best as you can guys, take it or leave tbh :michael:

That's not even true tho :gaycat6:

 

 

More like CONGRESS is way too far right for America (because instead of representing and working for the American people, they represent and work for corporations and special interest lobbyi$ts)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, spree said:

2nd term on lock :clap3:

i know this is a joke but... :toofunny2: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That won't save Democrats this elections. :toofunny2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bocelli said:

Lmao America is always so LATE on everything compared to Europe

 

Thank God my ancestors chose the right continent

 

kSBnn9D.gif

If it weren’t for your continent North America would be a predominantly indigenous country and not run by evil white men. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...