Forbes: Richest self-made female musicians

Steve Johnson

BTW I'm actually surprised at how much their wealth decreased (almost every one is lower than the year before) Rihanna was at 1.7B last year

Edited by zzmyth

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zzmyth

• Steve Johnson

• PrudenceHCharmed

• gugunikko

Céline is already at $800m anyway.. 

Isn't Mariah like 500M or something?

3 hours ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

May I know how does Celine made her money?

OT: R&B :clap3:Honestly B always had that same numbers since a decade ago so idk if this is true. 

She was doing vegas and tour at the same time. Her last tour grossed $104m from 52 shows (it will continue next year). She has multiple clothing lines (handbags, baby clothes etc.) She also has other business ventures (partnerships). In the business, she signed a multi-million dollar deal with Resorts World for a new residency show and has an upcoming feature film next year as well (Feb. 2023). Basically, she makes her money off her golden voice.

Edited by ninetiesceline

8 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Isn't Mariah like 500M or something?

I don't think so, not more than Celine with her touring.

Taylor and Beyonce came from well-to-do families which gave them a leg up compared to Rih. They aren't really self-made.

6 minutes ago, St. Francis said:

Taylor and Beyonce came from well-to-do families which gave them a leg up compared to Rih. They aren't really self-made.

Coming from an above middle class family does not mean they are not self made. Beyonce and the DC members were literally jogging in heels on a treadmill while singing. She worked harder than anyone to get to where she is.

20 minutes ago, ninetiesceline said:

She was doing vegas and tour at the same time. Her last tour grossed $104m from 52 shows (it will continue next year). She has multiple clothing lines (handbags, baby clothes etc.) She also has other business ventures (partnerships). In the business, she signed a multi-million dollar deal with Resorts World for a new residency show and has an upcoming feature film next year as well (Feb. 2023). Basically, she makes her money off her golden voice.

Oh wow :clap3:truly impressive how your voice can you that far 

5 minutes ago, Zoe_ said:

Coming from an above middle class family does not mean they are not self made. Beyonce and the DC members were literally jogging in heels on a treadmill while singing. She worked harder than anyone to get to where she is.

This. 

33 minutes ago, Zoe_ said:

Of course, but she also had her connected daddy backing her every step of the way too. Are we going to rewrite history now?

Rihanna doing it by simply signing her name onto a brand created by someone else. :jonny: The smartest businesswoman.

33 minutes ago, St. Francis said:

Of course, but she also had her connected daddy backing her every step of the way too. Are we going to rewrite history now?

If the qualification for being "self-made" is not having your parents help you succeed or giving you a leg-up in some way, then very few people are "self-made."

OT: In any event, the word itself is splitting hairs and people need to stop romanticizing struggle. Not every successful person needs to come from the bottom of the barrel to be considered self-made.

1 hour ago, gugunikko said:

No one really is a self made. They all had helps at some point.

I don't think you know what self-made means. :rip: It's basically people who became successful without already being rich or from money. All of these girls, apart from Taylor, I suppose, fit that bill. Taylor basically had her career bought for her dd.

• ATRL Moderator

Congratulations to these powerful, strong, and successful women. Why some of y'all are getting into the semantics regarding who should be praised and who shouldn't is ridiculous. None of these women had families that could outright buy them a career in music. Yes, Taylor is privileged, but the comments in here make it seem like she didn't even have to lift a finger. Believe me if it were that easy to become one of the most successful artists of our generation, everyone with some money would do it. I'm not saying their backgrounds shouldn't be taken into account, but using this as an excuse to drag the accomplishments of women is in poor taste. Some of you are acting like Taylor came from Kardashian money :toofunny2:

18 hours ago, fentypark said:

we know why toni wouldn’t :rip:

:jonny5: 

6 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

I don't think you know what self-made means. :rip: It's basically people who became successful without already being rich or from money. All of these girls, apart from Taylor, I suppose, fit that bill. Taylor basically had her career bought for her dd.

Isn’t Madonna father an motor engineer? Rene played a big part in Celine’s career and same with Jay Z with Rihanna. 

Y’all are so pressed that Beyonce and Taylor’s parents ya know, PAID for their children’s education and drove them to and from places to explore their interests :deadbanana2:

Congrats to all five of these talented, beautiful, successful legends :clap3: 

18 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Buying 3% share in an unknown label =/= Buying career. Taylor works her ass off to be this successful. 

1 hour ago, St. Francis said:

1 hour ago, St. Francis said:

Why do people keep saying this? Matthew’s was nowhere connected to the music industry until he started managing their group so that was no leg-up. If anything it’s more impressive what he achieved with zero experience as opposed to having the head of a major label and most popular rapper as a mentor right out the gate. Not taking away from Rih but no MPG made it without the backing of a man, some more famous than others. 

and do we need a laundry list of artists that are/ were managed by their parents Cus y’all single out Bey as if her father’s some magic wand over that conjured her success out of thin air. 

37 minutes ago, gugunikko said:

Isn’t Madonna father an motor engineer? Rene played a big part in Celine’s career and same with Jay Z with Rihanna. 

So now all the successful woman in music are successful because of a man?¿?

I mean....

Even if your family is wealthy doesnt mean success...

Paris Hilton is the best example.

19 minutes ago, zzmyth said:

So now all the successful woman in music are successful because of a man?¿?

I mean....

Even if your family is wealthy doesnt mean success...

Paris Hilton is the best example.

So What about Taylor’s and Beyoncé’s dad then?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.