Jurassic Dominion destroyed by critics. Lowest-rated JP movie on RT:35, MC:37 & IMDb

Broken

lmao who actually expects this to be good? I'm going to see it in IMAX and I except some dumb, stupid fun. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

It was pretty bad tbh. I’ve never seen the originals but I was a fan of the first two Jurassic World movies. This one just didn’t make any sense. 

The first Jurassic Park movie is one of the few movies I would call “perfect”. The story is great. The characters are well-motivated and complex. The story is about humans, not dinosaurs. The dinosaurs are treated like animals. There is an interesting theme that is well-elaborated (though it’s not unfamiliar to anyone who has seen any of the other films, but it’s presented in the sharpest way). The effects are still fantastic. And it has the best sense of spectacle and tension. I genuinely recommend that movie. The Jurassic World movies look like such generic trash in comparison. The Lost World is also really good. JP3 is good for what it is — a simple, short action flick. It doesn’t aspire to be philosophical or grand, and that’s okay. 

I have high hopes because this is the LAST one. They BETTER go all out

i enjoyed this over Fallen kingdom.

No one watch these movies for the plot. We only need the big epic scene with the dinosaur. The 1st movie did a great job, the 2nd one just fall flat cause there`s no space for the dinosaur like why the hell they choose that castle to be the main location for the movie, its so claustrophobic.

This 3rd movie they did bring out the dinosaurs and the scenery is wide open again so its visually satisfying. The plot was trash and made no sense whatsoever, they try so hard to fit in the old and new generation and the villain is so bad.

Hope that they will do a time travel back to real jurrasic era trilogy movies. That will ensure dinosaur + epic scenery combo without the modern fixtures blocking.

I'm sure the reviews are accurate and it's actually very bad...but it's dinosaurs so I'm sure I'll still have a good time. :michael:

It's what he deserves.. 

I hope he continues to flop into oblivion 

who cares about reviews for the jurassic franchise

the last one was panned too and it was fun (before they went into that mansion)

at least Godra's check cleared already and she can produce passion projects again. A necessary evil tbh. Good on mother to get her coins

Edited by PaloSanto

This is disappointing; I was really hoping it would be good. Fingers crossed I end up liking it regardless.

That Tom Cruise reign just won’t let up it seems

how does Jurassic World aka one of the most boring films I've ever seen score higher than The Lost World and JP3??? :biblio:

like there are a thousand dinosaurs to choose from to replace the TREX but instead they create one that can turn invisible. TRASH

Edited by Jagger

The original trilogy wasn’t even that good :rip:

21 hours ago, Bloo said:

The first Jurassic Park movie is one of the few movies I would call “perfect”. The story is great. The characters are well-motivated and complex. The story is about humans, not dinosaurs. The dinosaurs are treated like animals. There is an interesting theme that is well-elaborated (though it’s not unfamiliar to anyone who has seen any of the other films, but it’s presented in the sharpest way). The effects are still fantastic. And it has the best sense of spectacle and tension. I genuinely recommend that movie. The Jurassic World movies look like such generic trash in comparison. The Lost World is also really good. JP3 is good for what it is — a simple, short action flick. It doesn’t aspire to be philosophical or grand, and that’s okay. 

YUP. exactly this. There is tension and a dark atmosphere to the original movies. The JW movies are so generic and childish. I mean the Indominus Rex and the Indoraptor? What were they thinking. These movies are about animals not unstoppable alien monsters 

• ATRL Moderator
24 minutes ago, Jagger said:

YUP. exactly this. There is tension and a dark atmosphere to the original movies. The JW movies are so generic and childish. I mean the Indominus Rex and the Indoraptor? What were they thinking. These movies are about animals not unstoppable alien monsters 

The Indominus was actually kind of interesting, conceptually, at first. The idea that dinosaurs brought back to life would eventually become boring so they'd need to up the ante to bring in customers is actually a pretty interesting next step for a plot about a successful dinosaur park. But, the movie had no grit to it. Having watched Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, I think they show plainly in season 3 that this idea can be done very well. But the JW series failed to do it. The Indoraptor though was just a complete disaster. It was the exact same thing but a smaller version that can fit in a house so they can have a... "haunted house" flick?? :deadbanana4: The JW franchise just cheapened the dinosaurs to the point where they are just movie monsters and not actual animals.

11 minutes ago, Bloo said:

The Indominus was actually kind of interesting, conceptually, at first. The idea that dinosaurs brought back to life would eventually become boring so they'd need to up the ante to bring in customers is actually a pretty interesting next step for a plot about a successful dinosaur park. But, the movie had no grit to it. Having watched Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, I think they show plainly in season 3 that this idea can be done very well. But the JW series failed to do it. The Indoraptor though was just a complete disaster. It was the exact same thing but a smaller version that can fit in a house so they can have a... "haunted house" flick?? :deadbanana4: The JW franchise just cheapened the dinosaurs to the point where they are just movie monsters and not actual animals.

My biggest issue was its ability to "camouflage". And yeah if it was a one off thing I wouldn't mind the hybrid dinosaur thing as much but......as you said the indoraptor was just taking it too far

I actually did enjoy Fallen Kingdom until the last two acts took place in a damn house :deadbanana: like it was just an entire mess. The little girl hiding in the bed while the raptor was slowly creeping up to her.....what kind of b-list horror movie made for the trailer scene 

• ATRL Moderator
28 minutes ago, Jagger said:

My biggest issue was its ability to "camouflage". And yeah if it was a one off thing I wouldn't mind the hybrid dinosaur thing as much but......as you said the indoraptor was just taking it too far

I actually did enjoy Fallen Kingdom until the last two acts took place in a damn house :deadbanana: like it was just an entire mess. The little girl hiding in the bed while the raptor was slowly creeping up to her.....what kind of b-list horror movie made for the trailer scene 

The Indoraptor smirking in its cage before attacking the psycho was what took me out :rip: 

The RT score keps dropping :deadbanana2:. 35%:deadbanana2:

It's now the lowest-rated Jurassic movie on IMDb (tied with Fallen Kingdom), Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes :skull:.

The trailers look like a typical blockbuster. I’m not really expecting much. This just makes me want to watch the 90’s movies again, Dinosaurs use to be all the rage back then. Doubt I will see this, gas prices are too high and it’s don’t seem worth it to drive and check this out. Maybe I’ll watch when it’s on demand 

The last two were god awful so I’m not surprised 

• 1 month later...

Panned af. :clap3:

i couldnt believe how bad this was... the sets had a lot of potential but everything else was just :skull:

I just saw it and the only scene I liked was in in Malta but it just felt like a mission impossible movie with dinosaurs tacked on. The girls acting was god awful, Chris and Bryce’s chemistry was so lacklustre it felt like they must have had a massive falling out before the cameras started to roll. They should have just focused on the original trio and killed of Chris Pratt. There wasn’t even any sense of danger with the dinosaurs. They were killing other members of the public yet all the main characters didn’t even get a single scratch on them. The girl should have been eaten by one of the dinosaurs 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.