• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• Lyrical Liar

• thatsmydemi

• Soobin

Wow I listened to the clean version for the first time and it’s legitimately bad lol. 

no creativity in the edits… no “payback is a bad chick” lol

On 9/16/2022 at 9:28 AM, PopFan1996 said:

I am so upset that this album flopped 

I’m surprised you thought this wouldn’t flop lol.

and tbh it’s so sad to see that Demi isn’t happy with her career anymore. She does minimal effort in promotion and is over tour after a few stops. 

she was so happy making this project, and I feel like we aren’t getting to see that since it’s been released. 

honestly I’d be okay if after this terribly thought out and executed era (labels fault majority but Demi has some ownership in it too) if she decides to be a mom and kind of leave the spotlight. Maybe work in the studio still and write for other artists and release some of her own stuff every once in a while. It’s clear that’s what she likes to do.

the passion for the full on “era” is just not something she wants to do and has been clear ever since the pandemic hit (she seemed kinda ready for that in early 2020, but not since then). 

12 minutes ago, HelloLovato said:

I’m surprised you thought this wouldn’t flop lol.

and tbh it’s so sad to see that Demi isn’t happy with her career anymore. She does minimal effort in promotion and is over tour after a few stops. 

she was so happy making this project, and I feel like we aren’t getting to see that since it’s been released. 

honestly I’d be okay if after this terribly thought out and executed era (labels fault majority but Demi has some ownership in it too) if she decides to be a mom and kind of leave the spotlight. Maybe work in the studio still and write for other artists and release some of her own stuff every once in a while. It’s clear that’s what she likes to do.

the passion for the full on “era” is just not something she wants to do and has been clear ever since the pandemic hit (she seemed kinda ready for that in early 2020, but not since then). 

what more can Demi do lmao they sent Demi flying everywhere to promote it, but if you don't have tiktok or playlisting or radio support... you are nothing in this industry.

I miss the pre-Tiktok and pre-playlisting/streaming era, but as long as I get good music, I'm happy.

I think it would be smarter for Demi to go independent tho

2 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

what more can Demi do lmao they sent Demi flying everywhere to promote it, but if you don't have tiktok or playlisting or radio support... you are nothing in this industry.

IMO Demi in 2013-2017 would not have taken vacations the week after a single release which she did for SOMT and Substance. She did some virtual interviews, but radio tends to like artists to come into their studios so their staff and stuff can meet the artist, which Demi used to do in those previous years. It wasn’t really an option of DWTDTAOSO, but it was for HF.

and you’re getting all defensive as if I’m dragging Demi, but what I’m saying is she does not want to spend her time doing that stuff anymore. Being a “massive artist” isn’t a priority for Demi anymore and that’s okay! She deserves to be happy. I don’t want her to do stuff she isn’t passionate about or isn’t a priority for her.

and yes label has most responsibility.

18 minutes ago, HelloLovato said:

IMO Demi in 2013-2017 would not have taken vacations the week after a single release which she did for SOMT and Substance. She did some virtual interviews, but radio tends to like artists to come into their studios so their staff and stuff can meet the artist, which Demi used to do in those previous years. It wasn’t really an option of DWTDTAOSO, but it was for HF.

and you’re getting all defensive as if I’m dragging Demi, but what I’m saying is she does not want to spend her time doing that stuff anymore. Being a “massive artist” isn’t a priority for Demi anymore and that’s okay! She deserves to be happy. I don’t want her to do stuff she isn’t passionate about or isn’t a priority for her.

and yes label has most responsibility.

Firstly I am not getting defensive lol. If I recall Demi took one vacation after Substance and it was much deserved. Flying from LA to NYC back and forth several times is hard work. Demi did that like 3 different times to promote the singles and album... I remember before Latin America tour it was just an intense schedule. Good Morning America too... Demi also did a bunch of interviews and podcasts. Several magazine shoots as well.

I just think all of that is futile if you do not have playlisting or radio deals. Radio interviews, sure Demi's team could have booked. But again that's all using Demi to promote themselves, instead of investing in the music.

I don't know whether Demi wants to be a massive star or not, I think Demi doesn't know either lol. I do know Demi is an ambitious person yet also does not care about charts and has been this way for years even in the TMYLM era.

Choosing Stone Cold as the last single in Confident era was really the start of a shift of Demi prioritizing songs and personal quality over commercial factors.

Idk DWTDTAOSO had hit material on it but was mismanaged. HOLYFVCK tbh does not have hit material besides 29 and Eat Me

5 hours ago, Freakshowvato said:

I don't know whether Demi wants to be a massive star or not, I think Demi doesn't know either lol. I do know Demi is an ambitious person yet also does not care about charts and has been this way for years even in the TMYLM era.

Choosing Stone Cold as the last single in Confident era was really the start of a shift of Demi prioritizing songs and personal quality over commercial factors.

Idk DWTDTAOSO had hit material on it but was mismanaged. HOLYFVCK tbh does not have hit material besides 29 and Eat Me

Happy Ending is good radio track. I honestly think if that was the lead single, it could have done wonders for the era.

I really wanted her to tour Europe so I could see her for the first time, even if she did theatres. 

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Mr. Duff said:

Happy Ending is good radio track. I honestly think if that was the lead single, it could have done wonders for the era.

This is such an obvious choice as well, I've said it before but that song could really make waves on AC/HAC ugh, very frustrating 

21 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

This is such an obvious choice as well, I've said it before but that song could really make waves on AC/HAC ugh, very frustrating 

And it’s very relatable. It has the same relatability as Selena’s LYTLM. It wouldn’t have performed like LYTLM but it sure would have made better noise than SOMT.

• ATRL Moderator
13 minutes ago, Mr. Duff said:

And it’s very relatable. It has the same relatability as Selena’s LYTLM. It wouldn’t have performed like LYTLM but it sure would have made better noise than SOMT.

Agreed!

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, sam.teas said:

Demi Lovato \ 29 (Stripped) \ 2:32 \ 20.09.2022

Lowkey perched for this :jamming:

• ATRL Moderator

Come Together really is just flawless :wanda: sans Demi not singing 'together' at the end

1 hour ago, Ampersand13 said:

Come Together really is just flawless :wanda: sans Demi not singing 'together' at the end

NNN, I actually love it ending like that. The "cuuuuuummmm" has much more finality than the ending of 29, imo

• ATRL Moderator
57 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

NNN, I actually love it ending like that. The "cuuuuuummmm" has much more finality than the ending of 29, imo

I totally get why she made the choice, I just like ending on a rhyme. However, I have gown to love literally every detail of that song :wanda:

I need to know when they will release a deluxe version of this. With rock remixes to the hits... that'd be very smart.

The following songs would sound SO good with rock remixes

-Cool for the Summer

-Confident

-Heart Attack

-OK Not To Be OK

-Give Your Heart A Break

-Sorry Not Sorry

-Neon Lights

-Really Don't Care

15 hours ago, Freakshowvato said:

I need to know when they will release a deluxe version of this. With rock remixes to the hits... that'd be very smart.

The following songs would sound SO good with rock remixes

-Cool for the Summer

-Confident

-Heart Attack

-OK Not To Be OK

-Give Your Heart A Break

-Sorry Not Sorry

-Neon Lights

-Really Don't Care

I think they could also do Dancing with the Devil, Met Him Last Night and Skyscraper to be rockier.

Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself but I also see a rock version of Tell Me You Love Me.