• thatsmydemi

• Soobin

57 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

IM SORRY BUT WHAT THE **** IS THIS

NO MORE MUSIC VIDEOS PLANNED? GIRL BYE 

29 sweetie

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Not me thinking she sang "piece of me" a la Ashlee Simpson, but she actually sang meaT nnn

Another reaction

Lol, I thought the lyric in Eat Me was ‘I know the girl that you adored, she’s dead inside the f**king morgue’ 

5 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Bankrupt label confirmed :cm:

GOOD ******* BYE DEMETRIA

I AM DONE

I HATE HOW WE NEVER GET MORE THAN 2 SINGLES 

NOT YOUR BEST ALBUM BEING TREATED LIKE THIS GOODBYE

• ATRL Moderator

Man Demi really needs to finish this contract (hopefully it's true that this album fulfills it) and sign with a label that will properly support their projects or potentially go independent because this is not cute

29 would be her first single on an album to not get a music video smh ...

and the second after Body Say, I think

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Truly despicable, it's their best shot at a hit, but it also just deserves one given how emotional and strong it is 

8 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

MHLN is right there…

radio adds and TTH. Demi even said a video was coming, yet nothing manifested

Well, that was embarrassing.

But I think it's cuz Demi talked about the MHLN video SO MUCH that it feels like it was actually released (nnn at these tweets tho)

So it seems like I Love Me was Demi's last song (where she's the only lead artist) to get pop radio adds, TTH, and a music video. Is it too much to ask to get that for every single? We're lucky to get 2/3 lately. Overrated acts like Selena struggle to debut even WITH TTH (Calm Down missed the Hot 100), imagine how 29 would do if it had TTH given that it hit the Hot 100 despite not being on TTH

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

41 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

But I think it's cuz Demi talked about the MHLN video SO MUCH that it feels like it was actually released (nnn at these tweets tho)

So it seems like I Love Me was Demi's last song (where she's the only lead artist) to get pop radio adds, TTH, and a music video. Is it too much to ask to get that for every single? We're lucky to get 2/3 lately. Overrated acts like Selena struggle to debut even WITH TTH (Calm Down missed the Hot 100), imagine how 29 would do if it had TTH given that it hit the Hot 100 despite not being on TTH

ILM felt like the last real Demi single. Even had a huge radio deal on release day.

And despite flopvatics thoughts on Twitter, it was a moderate hit. Top 15 on pop radio, 20 on H100, and platinum. 

If DWTD or any of the HF singles had any kind of support, they’d probably do similar numbers.

Technically we now have these singles with no video:

-Body Say

-Sober

-Still Have Me

-Met Him Last Night

(although Sober/SHM were never given radio adds, so I’m skeptical to call them singles even tho Demi did at the time.)

and no MV for her featured single Monsters either.

Edited by HelloLovato

Deserved better on the Billboard 200 this week btw (but not bad for a bankrupt label :gaycat:)

I knew this era was over after release week tbh… I kind of expect 29 to not get a video since she is on tour right now :noparty:

Anyway wondering what will Demi do next after the tour is over… I can already predict that she will shade this era & call it a mistake… just wait for it :dies:

It's just sad to see how they're treating Holy ****'s era. It's Demi's second best album for sure and I'm so proud of her! My favorite tracks are Happy Ending and Come Together.

12 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

so what i'm gathering from your statement is that TTH doesn't guarantee an instant success and that even with TTH 29 would still have flopped.

i need a super emo video for Happy Ending. that song needs to be a single.

On 9/7/2022 at 6:31 AM, thatsmydemi said:

We hate her again :giraffe:

I Love Me was their last single promoted like a single by a big pop star: radio deal, music video on release day, TTH (although a low position), signed CDs... Had the song been good enough, they could've smashed hard. 

Then something happened that made them "not care" about charts and since then, they haven't tried at all. 

The thing about TTH is that, although it doesn't guarantee a hit, it does guarantee millions of streams and huge exposure. 29 could easily reach 100M streams if it spent a month in there (even in the lower part of the list). 

What Other People Say: 156M streams (~1 month on TTH)

I Love Me: 165M streams (1 month and a half on TTH)

I'm Ready: 185M streams (~1 month on TTH)

ok not to be ok: 217M streams (~1 month on TTH)

None of the songs above really smashed anywhere but they still have nice streams despite being flops.