Brandy's "I Wanna Be Down" reaches 100M combined streams on Spotify

Bey_Rihstan

Brandy's 1994 Single & its remix has reached a cumulative total of 100M on Spotify 

I Wanna Be Down: 49,294,755

I Wanna Be Down Remix: 51,041,008

= 100,335,763

The Remix is also Yoyo & MC Lyte's highest streamed song on the platform & Queen Latifah's 2nd!

BrandyLyteQueenYoYo_JohnnyNunez.jpg?w=1200&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

Should be 1 billion. The chillren are missing out. 

That’s a classic, that’s a classic!

we need tiktok to start discovering brandys gems so she can get a new wave of fans

id die for wildest dreams to be a big hit nowadays 

19 hours ago, Power love said:

Is this her second single to do this?

Yes it is. "The Boy Is Mine" was her first.

Crazy how the remix is more popular.

Congrats.

31 minutes ago, UnanimousBB16 said:

Yes it is. "The Boy Is Mine" was her first.

:rip:

How close are her other singles?

Edited by Power love

1 hour ago, Power love said:

:rip:

How close are her other singles?

“Girl Is Mine” also has over 100M streams and was her first single to do so some years back, but for some reason she & DC aren’t credited on Spotify the way they were on the UK Charts 

“Jet Black” & “Love Again” (from 2019) have 70M+ streams so those would be the next 2 up 

54 minutes ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

“Girl Is Mine” also has over 100M streams and was her first single to do so some years back, but for some reason she & DC aren’t credited on Spotify the way they were on the UK Charts 

“Jet Black” & “Love Again” (from 2019) have 70M+ streams so those would be the next 2 up 

I’m complete shock at how bad her streaming stats are. Especially for how huge she was in the 90s. She is completely forgotten.

It would be in her best interest to jump on a high profile collaboration. I’m shock that hasn’t happened yet with how respected she is.

5 minutes ago, Power love said:

I’m complete shock at how bad her streaming stats are. Especially for how huge she was in the 90s. She is completely forgotten.

It would be in her best interest to jump on a high profile collaboration. I’m shock that hasn’t happened yet with how respected she is.

fafgsgsgs I am shocked you’re shocked. Brandy hasn’t had a mainstream hit in 20 years and takes forever to release. Her streaming stats are pretty much on par with the Monica’s, Toni’s, Ashanti’s, Mya’s, SWV’s etc of the world 

1 or 2 decently streamed songs and then a bunch of cult classics that have less than favorable #’s. Her stats have improved a bit. Have You ever was under 10M streams a couple years ago and is now at 40M

18 minutes ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

fafgsgsgs I am shocked you’re shocked. Brandy hasn’t had a mainstream hit in 20 years and takes forever to release. Her streaming stats are pretty much on par with the Monica’s, Toni’s, Ashanti’s, Mya’s, SWV’s etc of the world 

1 or 2 decently streamed songs and then a bunch of cult classics that have less than favorable #’s. Her stats have improved a bit. Have You ever was under 10M streams a couple years ago and is now at 40M

When do you think we will get another album? Don’t hate me but i was happy when queens was cancel. I’m hoping she will focus on music. I can’t wait another 4-6 years.

Please give us the follow up!!

4 hours ago, Power love said:

When do you think we will get another album? Don’t hate me but i was happy when queens was cancel. I’m hoping she will focus on music. I can’t wait another 4-6 years.

Please give us the follow up!!

She's been in the studio but She's working on a christmas movie right now (eyeroll). Brandy can't focus on multiple projects at the same time so We'll probably get an album in 2023/24 whenever the christmas movie comes out... Sigh. 

6 minutes ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

She's been in the studio

Soo do we have a clue on who’s she’s working with? Hopefully not the same producers from the last album :rip:

On 6/6/2022 at 6:18 PM, Bey_Rihstan said:

She's been in the studio but She's working on a christmas movie right now (eyeroll). Brandy can't focus on multiple projects at the same time so We'll probably get an album in 2023/24 whenever the christmas movie comes out... Sigh. 

Whatever happened to the full moon 20th anniversary??? She posted a video promoting it then nothing was that it ?:rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.