Ava Max - 'Diamonds & Dancefloors'

Supervillain

2 hours ago, GardenPanty said:

yeah the guitar breakdown in Sleepwalker is veryyyy Dr. Luke

It’s very luke cause Cirkut is his protégé and learned all his tricks from him. Ava was very smart to snatch Cirkut since he brings the gay bops without the controversy :worship2:

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totami Legend

• Nefertiti0

• Supervillain

• Club classic

8 hours ago, Stunnah said:

find me the strummy infectious guitar. where is it. its not there. luke is a better producer than cirkut, but we wont get into that now. 

ps: sleepwalker in hq omg merry christmas 

Come on , Circuit did the majority of the starboy album (sans the Max tracks) and that production was immaculate 

no need to leak more stuff since she got her **** together... so mean you guys. :sosad:

2 hours ago, Bicassie said:

It’s very luke cause Cirkut is his protégé and learned all his tricks from him. Ava was very smart to snatch Cirkut since he brings the gay bops without the controversy :worship2:

there was a rumor saying ava managed to break their relationship with the power of her ***** :gaycat1:

5 hours ago, Delirious said:

im gonna not listen to any HQ leaks bye. if i do, im not gonna stream the album on release day cause overplayed

same, the waiting is so exciting. 

R7uZGos.gif

TOTL sounds very good but there's something missing in the production.... I agree Luke would've done it better

“Diamonds represent relationships, and Dancefloors represent letting go and being free,” she notes. “I wanted to make dance music, but it couldn’t be super happy. It’s vulnerable instead. I’ve never talked about my personal life in the songs, but I do now. The album is basically heartbreak on the dancefloor.”

Ava co-wrote all 14 tracks and served as Co-Executive Producer alongside longtime collaborator Cirkut.

Throughout the process, she reflected on two recent breakups without filter, but she really longed for one of her favorite places…

“During the Pandemic, I missed having fun, moving, and meeting people on the dancefloor,” she admits. “I’ve been going to clubs since I was like 16 in Virginia and South Carolina. It wasn’t about drinking; I’d just get a fake ID and dance all night.”

Leaning into this energy, she teased the album with “Maybe You’re The Problem,” reeling in hundreds of millions of streams. On its heels, “Million Dollar Baby” arrived to widespread critical acclaim. Its high-powered synths pulsate beneath a chantable chorus uplifted by her hypnotic high register run. Right out of the gate, The New York Times hailed it as “a sleek, calisthenic pop song” and added, “Ava Max is partying like it’s 2000 and 2004 on the thumping ‘Million Dollar Baby’.” 

“It’s about saving yourself from all of the trauma you went through,” she reveals. “Everyone wants to lean on someone, but it’s important to stand on your own two feet.”

“Turn Off The Lights” swings from cinematic horns into a head-nodding beat punctuated by claps, a slick bass line, and a glitchy refrain.

“It’s about coming alive as your best self in the club,” she observes. “Just run wild!”

Disco keys glow on “Ghost” where she balances R&B panache with shimmering house music euphoria. It all culminates on the refrain, “Everywhere I go I’m haunted by your ghost.”

“I grew up listening to Mariah Carey and R&B,” she says. “I pursued those elements for ‘Ghost’. Everywhere you go you see your ex like a ghost. I was questioning everything, and he was appearing in my mind all the time. It’s a universal feeling after a breakup.”

Elsewhere, “Weapons” conjures what she refers to as “Classic Ava Max.” On the other end of the spectrum, “Last Night On Earth” paints a vivid picture of a torrid romance against an apocalyptic backdrop in broad strokes of lush pop. “Let’s do what we want like it’s our last night on earth—whether it’s bungee jumping or being together underneath the stars,” she states. “You’re not letting any obstacles stand in your way. It’s so romantic to me.”

The album closer “Dancing’s Done” climaxes on one of her most dynamic vocal performances to date with a confession, “I want to give into your dark temptation.” Simultaneously, its widescreen-ready production gleefully evokes the turn-of-the-millennium pop she grew up on.

“I’ve never done a sexy song with lyrics like this,” she states.  “It was super fun.”

In the end, Ava rules the dancefloor and beyond.

“I’m figuring out who I am,” she leaves off. “I stripped down everything I thought I was, and I’m redefining myself. I found out I’m stronger on my own. I’ve realized it’s okay to go with the flow and live in the moment. When you listen to the album, I hope you can let go, move forward, and feel empowered—like a boss *****.”
warnermusic.co.nz/artists/ava-max

“I’m figuring out who I am”

this is for the bitchy gays who complains about her music. the girl needs time to grow and a new producers hopefully. 

people called ariana bland Mariah rip-off until her third / fourth album. It's difficult for vocalists to find their way. :gaycat1:

loved reading this :heart: I hope we get more interviews on the music as the album release is getting closer

11 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Ava co-wrote all 14 tracks and served as Co-Executive Producer alongside longtime collaborator Cirkut

Oh, she's exhibiting exquisite taste this era, as co-executive producer. The increase in production quality is very noticeable. H&H was grand, but D&D is polished, with an extra layer of glitter. 

Edited by Reginald

Sleepwalker in HQ

R7uZGos.gif

LNOE

R7uZGos.gif

In the Dark HQ next please

R7uZGos.gif

Edited by lovedaddy

36 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Oh, she's exhibiting exquisite taste this era, as co-executive producer. The increase in production quality is very noticeable. H&H was grand, but D&D is polished, with an extra layer of glitter. 

Amanda Ava Koci (born Amanda Koçi; February 16, 1994), known professionally as Ava Max, is an American singer, songwriter, producer and soon actressEtRFf8FUYAUWT6q.jpg:large28164500_10156138729377766_1507956454352080524_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=HbOFp8e2I7EAX94HoRS&_nc_ht=scontent.fmxp5-1.fna&oh=00_AfDEv6yc-miiDIUJLesG1VVDsNxKSD-FIa85eb918_mlhw&oe=63D040C8

someone should update her wikipedia introduction and add record producer.

Edited by Totami Legend

Just now, Totami Legend said:

singer, songwriter, producer and soon actressEtRFf8FUYAUWT6q.jpg:large

:clap: Ugh, she just becomes more and more stannable

5 hours ago, Nerez said:

Which songs leaked in HQ?

Turn Off The Lights

Sleepwalker

Last Night On Earth

One Of Us

I don't get the point of leaking just a few tracks in HQ, considering the person that has it probably has the entire album :skull:

8/14 is already out there, just go ahead for the entire thing :toofunny3:

Yea Cirkut has been working/associated with Dr Luke for ages so makes sense cirkut maybe tries to emulate Luke’s productions

On 12/25/2022 at 9:59 AM, Bicassie said:

but then she unsnatched and now she's shadowbanned from success

5 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

Yea Cirkut has been working/associated with Dr Luke for ages so makes sense cirkut maybe tries to emulate Luke’s productions

we don't even know what Cirkut produced, so far he is credited as producer on 2 of 4 songs
MYDP - Cirkut, Jonas Jeberg, Abraham Dertner
MDB - David Stewart, Cirkut, Lostboy
Weapons - Lindgren
Dancing's Done - BURNS, Lostboy

8 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

we don't even know what Cirkut produced, so far he is credited as producer on 2 of 4 songs
MYDP - Cirkut, Jonas Jeberg, Abraham Dertner
MDB - David Stewart, Cirkut, Lostboy
Weapons - Lindgren
Dancing's Done - BURNS, Lostboy

He executively produced the entire album

I’m pretty sure he was involved in all of them 

I'm not hyped for the album, I was one of the douchebags who downloaded the leaks :hippo:

38 minutes ago, Patrickern777 said:

I'm not hyped for the album, I was one of the douchebags who downloaded the leaks :hippo:

but then you should be hyped?