Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel (aka Buffyverse)

Josh

On 7/6/2024 at 4:13 PM, Poxy said:

Finally started this. Just finished episode 8 :giraffe:

SO EXCITING!!! Welcome aboard!

• Thanks 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• livelikemusic

• Josh

• sunbathinganimal

• fridayteenage

So I watched Angel 1x09 last night...

It's funny, I remember watching show for the first time and thinking 1x08 was like the best Buffyverse episode and nothing will ever top it, but this time, I didn't care about it like at all. I guess because B&A are such a history for me, I don't care for them anymore lol

But Hero on the other hand... And knowing actor died just few years later... Did i imagine or I saw back in the day Joss saying he wanted Doyle to die early on? Because everywhere I look now I see people saying he was fired from the show because of his problems...

Oh and that last scene with Angel and Cordelia watching him on tape. That moment alone is more intimate than anything between Angel and Buffy. And them losing Doyle and being left alone is what started their bond, and from this moment his relationship with Cordelia until the end is why I always root for them and prefer him with her. They actually got to meet each other and slowly fall in love. In Buffy you see her falling in love with Angel few episodes in. 

And I love how they kept mourning Doyle until the end of the show.

It requires you to reach a certain age and be with certain people / have certain life experiences to fully grasp the complexity of Season 6. 

Each character had a storyline that one way or another had an impact on their personal growth and there's no better way to showcase the transition to adulthood than some of the t themes portrayed in the show such as PTSD and substance addictions. The older I get, the more I understand how crucial this season was for character development and how different it was from everything else. 

Fantastic

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SinnerCity said:

It requires you to reach a certain age and be with certain people / have certain life experiences to fully grasp the complexity of Season 6. 

Each character had a storyline that one way or another had an impact on their personal growth and there's no better way to showcase the transition to adulthood than some of the t themes portrayed in the show such as PTSD and substance addictions. The older I get, the more I understand how crucial this season was for character development and how different it was from everything else. 

Fantastic

I loved season six as a kid, despite its darkness, and as an adult I appreciate it on such a different level.

• Like 1

Even tho it's one of my least favorite seasons. S6 does have one of the best episodes in the entire series. :jonny6:
also Willow is my favorite character in

the show, so I'm biased about anything dealing with her. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a favorite memory or moment pertaining to Buffy? I used to love watching it at like 7 am on FX as a kid :cries: it felt like part of my daily routine. I also still geek out everytime I watch the Johnson Family Reunion where Solange is watching the s7 finale as if I haven't watched it a trillion times. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, StarsAllAligned said:

Does anyone have a favorite memory or moment pertaining to Buffy? I used to love watching it at like 7 am on FX as a kid :cries: it felt like part of my daily routine. I also still geek out everytime I watch the Johnson Family Reunion where Solange is watching the s7 finale as if I haven't watched it a trillion times. 

Buffy was my sister's favorite show and she would make me and my brother watch it when we were like 6. It was like Season 3, towards the end of the season when Buffy and Angel are breaking up before Prom that I remember vividly😭 also some of season 2 with Kendra. I just watched it cuz we had to when she babysat us, and I thought Sarah was cool for fighting. 

17 hours ago, StarsAllAligned said:

OMG I remember those years!!!! The FX morning years!!!! So nice; I miss those times.

I don't know if it is OK to post here (not sure if it connects to the Buffyverse in some way), but I thought I'd give it a shot since it's also a Joss Whedon show and I can't seem to find a separate thread for it:

I will be watching The Nevers soon! Very excited cause I LOVE Laura Donnelly! :) Anyone already watched it? What are your (spoiler-free) thoughts?

I know Fans don't want a reboot or revival without Sarah. Same.

but it's time Disney actually uses thier IP's. And I'm down for them continuing Buffy on Disney+…. If they actually have creatives that care for the original source material and they use cast members from the show and spinoffs to build the world. :jonny5: Like Elisha Dushku is right there! Just have her star in a Spin-off 10 episode limited Faith series, alongside spike. They can just say a spell was cast on spike and Angel so they can age, while still being vamps. Or something. Then have Sarah return in the Season finale. 

At this point I'm fine with them making a series about a new young slayer, and build the world. I know it's selfish but I need a revival before I get too old. :jonny5:Just one last go for Buffy and the Scooby gang. I know that audio book thing flopped, but her returning in live action one more time would be a hit. I know it

13 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I know Fans don't want a reboot or revival without Sarah. Same.

but it's time Disney actually uses thier IP's. And I'm down for them continuing Buffy on Disney+…. If they actually have creatives that care for the original source material and they use cast members from the show and spinoffs to build the world. :jonny5: Like Elisha Dushku is right there! Just have her star in a Spin-off 10 episode limited Faith series, alongside spike. They can just say a spell was cast on spike and Angel so they can age, while still being vamps. Or something. Then have Sarah return in the Season finale. 

At this point I'm fine with them making a series about a new young slayer, and build the world. I know it's selfish but I need a revival before I get too old. :jonny5:Just one last go for Buffy and the Scooby gang. I know that audio book thing flopped, but her returning in live action one more time would be a hit. I know it

I think someone mentioned the idea here before that they could do anthology miniseasons where it's a slayer's story per season, from different places, different eras. The Buffyverse is grand and the good thing is you don't need to go back to get any of the old cast and start fresh. They can do a Fray show for a season (the comic was incredibly amazing, so they should do a Fray miniseries no matter what), then the next season do a slayer from the past... next season another slayer... since it spans centuries, classes, etc. the themes each season would tackle could be fantastic and even play with production design so they all feel different. 

I'm honestly OK with SMG not being on board. Buffy's story has been told and she's moved on. Let's leave her be.

Edited by Have A Break
  • Like 2

Sexual tension between Angel and Lindsey :jonny5:

Finished S1 of Angel and it's so much better than I remember. Even tho I liked Doyle and first 10 episode, show founds its footings once Wesley joined. Their chemistry is so natural. Every time I rewatch Buffy I pay attention during S3 on Angel, Cordy and Wesley and I can't believe those 3 characters that barely interacted managed to lead a show in a way they did. The end of Wesley's first episode when Angel makes them breakfast... The end of season when Cordy makes them dinner in her apartment and gives Angel blood and says he can drink it because they are family... Buffy never had those moments.

Wesley went from goofy to seriously good sidekick pretty fast. 

Once they started introducing W&H more show became soooo good. I love all the lawyers, the setting, everything about it. I forgot Lindey lost his hand so soon in the show, and in what away...

I don't even have to mention Faith episodes because everyone knows those were the peak episodes of that character. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.