Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel (aka Buffyverse)

Josh

The Man Who
2 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

Name 3 funny scenes quick :khalyan2:

Angel in Angel was more hilarious than her forced sarcastic humor. 

“WILLOW’S A DEMON?!”

“His physical presence has a *****”

”Come in. Enjoy my personal space.”

The “Willow’s a demon?” line is low-key the best delivered comedic line in the entire Buffy-verse. No fads allowed.

:khalyan2:

• Like 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• livelikemusic

• Josh

• sunbathinganimal

• fridayteenage

The Man Who

+ closely followed by when she says “she can do that? Why would she do that?” When she thinks a rabbit is going to get pulled out of a hat. 

Mrs. Anya lame ass made up maiden name-Harris, the legend you are! 

Edited by The Man Who

1 minute ago, The Man Who said:

“WILLOW’S A DEMON?!”

“His physical presence has a *****”

”Come in. Enjoy my personal space.”

The “Willow’s a demon?” line is low-key the best delivered comedic line in the entire Buffy-verse. No fads allowed.

:khalyan2:

Oh yeah I watched that episode with Willow's a demon scene recently, I'll give you that :khalyan2:

• Haha 1

Angel's comedic moments are also very underrated

'I do not have puppet cancer!'

• Haha 1

The Man Who

@NoAngelus after watching Emma deliver the “Willow’s a demon?!” line to perfection:

10 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

Name 3 funny scenes quick :khalyan2:

Angel in Angel was more hilarious than her forced sarcastic humor. 

Any scene of her in the magic shop tbh.

the Andrew masturbation scene, Bunnies, Her love for capitalism and money, her and Willow in s7, um a lot actually. Angel is only funny when they are talking about his inability to orgasm or when he randomly appears in scene to be overdramatic with buffy

5 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

@NoAngelus after watching Emma deliver the “Willow’s a demon?!” line to perfection:

On my way to drag Anya outside of that line

angel smile time gif | Tell-Tale TV 

2 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Any scene of her in the magic shop tbh.

the Andrew masturbation scene, Bunnies, Her love for capitalism and money, her and Willow in s7, um a lot actually. Angel is only funny when they are talking about his inability to orgasm or when he randomly appears in scene to be overdramatic with buffy

I was just recently thinking how much I dislike Magic shop as a setting and her in it, and her obsession with money :rogue:

There was nothing funny about Angel when he was around Buffy :clack:

He was totally different character in Angel 

The Man Who

Angel only really became a likeable character after he got his own show. I think Angel and Cordelia are more suited as a couple than Buffy and Angel. I love Buffy, but a lot of the romance storyline between her and Angel is pretty dry and so overly dramatic.

The “when you kiss me, I want die” line also makes me feel like dying!

:ryan3:

• Haha 1

Well yes, when I talk about Angel I'm always thinking of Angel Angel :suburban:

Same goes for Cordy and yes their relationship felt more organic, when he realized that he was falling for her and he couldn't act normal around her :ahh:

You're welcome :monkey:

2 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

Angel only really became a likeable character after he got his own show. I think Angel and Cordelia are more suited as a couple than Buffy and Angel. I love Buffy, but a lot of the romance storyline between her and Angel is pretty dry and so overly dramatic.

The “when you kiss me, I want die” line also makes me feel like dying!

:ryan3:

It's supposed to be overly dramatic it's Buffy's first love. At least she and Angel had chemistry as lovers. 

3 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

I was just recently thinking how much I dislike Magic shop as a setting and her in it, and her obsession with money :rogue:

There was nothing funny about Angel when he was around Buffy :clack:

He was totally different character in Angel 

Season 3 Buffy Angel became more comedic. Like that scene when he trips over himself trying to enter the room or when he kinda breaks the fourth wall and realizes he is a creep for stalking Buffy freshman year

The Man Who
1 minute ago, Josh said:

It's supposed to be overly dramatic it's Buffy's first love. At least she and Angel had chemistry as lovers. 

Yeah, I know it’s supposed to be dramatic but I find some of the dialogue pretty cringe-worthy but it’s probably because those storylines were done in the 90s. I’m also not a big fan of romance storylines in general so that doesn’t help.

Plus, the whole Buffy and Angel relationship felt really creepy and predatory when you rewatch as an adult and remember the age difference. 

The Man Who
4 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Season 3 Buffy Angel became more comedic. Like that scene when he trips over himself trying to enter the room or when he kinda breaks the fourth wall and realizes he is a creep for stalking Buffy freshman year

And for pursuing a 16-year old romantically. The Joss Whedon jumped out.

:suburban:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Yeah, the change started there but he was still too moody 

They pretty much summed it up here :khalyan:

• Like 1

Just now, The Man Who said:

And for pursuing a 16-year old romantically. The Joss Whedon jumped out.

Cordelia was barely 20 when Angel fell for her in season 3 of Angel

The Man Who
Just now, Josh said:

The Joss Whedon jumped out again I fear!

1 minute ago, Josh said:

But she first fell for Wesley in S3 of Buffy and they even kissed :suburban:

Just now, The Man Who said:

The Joss Whedon jumped out again I fear!

Whedon had nothing to do with Angel except season 5. Season 1-3 was David Greenwalt's creation. 

Just now, Josh said:

Whedon had nothing to do with Angel except season 5. Season 1-3 was David Greenwalt's creation. 

But I read that he was more focused on Angel than Buffy once show took off so what is the truth? :khalyan:

1 minute ago, NoAngelus said:

But I read that he was more focused on Angel than Buffy once show took off so what is the truth? :khalyan:

The only thing Whedon did for the show was the idea that David Boreanaz could lead a show after they filmed I Only Have Eyes For You. 

The Man Who
2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Joss Whedon is credited as executive producer throughout the run of the series, he will have still had a strong say over what was done on the show. That’s how a lot of shows are. Martin Noxon became the executive producer for Buffy S6 as he began working on Firefly, but he still had to approve things. 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

The only thing Whedon did for the show was the idea that David Boreanaz could lead a show after they filmed I Only Have Eyes For You. 

Hmmm I think I've watched DVD extras of Angel decade ago or something and I'm sure I heard he was involved with the show so much that cast and crew from Buffy complained all the time about that. 

The Man Who

Joss also wrote a couple of episodes in Angel S1, so to say he had nothing to do with Angel is just a straight up lie. :rip:

2 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

Joss also wrote a couple of episodes in Angel S1, so to say he had nothing to do with Angel is just a straight up lie. :rip:

He was in full charge of the show until season 5. Firefly and Buffy were his only shows at the time he had the full say so on 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.