Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel (aka Buffyverse)

Josh

The Man Who

Just now, NoAngelus said:

Other than that if you deleted them now from the show no one would even notice they're missing. They added NOTHING.

For me, Anya was the ‘new’ Cordelia in the sense that she brought some much needed sarcasm / comedic relief. Anya was one of my favourite things about the post-High School seasons and I can’t imagine a version of the show without her, as she was one of the best characters. 

Also:

Spoiler

Selfless was one of the best episodes of the show. 

Some of the best one-liners from the show also came from Anya. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• livelikemusic

• Josh

• sunbathinganimal

• fridayteenage

2 minutes ago, Bloody Willy said:

I low key agree with Angelus about Tara :suburban:her character never really did anything for me, and the actress played her like shite

:khalyan:

1 minute ago, The Man Who said:

For me, Anya was the ‘new’ Cordelia in the sense that she brought some much needed sarcasm / comedic relief. Anya was one of my favourite things about the post-High School seasons and I can’t imagine a version of the show without her, as she was one of the best characters. 

Also:

Hide contents

Selfless was one of the best episodes of the show. 

Some of the best one-liners from the show also came from Anya. 

spacer.png

That's how I felt about Anya too when I watched the show for the first time. I remember telling people she's the best character ever :clack:

But with every rewatch i don't find her funny at all, I find her very annoying and show could've survived without Cordelia 2.0.

Buffy and Giles made me laugh more time than Anya on this rewatch :suburban:

can anyone tell me why Anya is scared of bunnies? 

The Man Who

What are your opinions on Faith? If it’s anything less than a 10/10…

:khalyan2:

Edited by The Man Who

Just now, The Man Who said:

LOVE her :khalyan2:

I'm lowkey always rooting for her in S3 :ryan3:

• Like 1

The Man Who
1 minute ago, Bloody Willy said:

You find out in S7.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bloody Willy said:

It's based on her traumatic relationship when she was a Nordic's wife with Olaf lol

• Haha 1

The Man Who

LOVE her :khalyan2:

I'm lowkey always rooting for her in S3 :ryan3:

Maybe you can have rights after all.

:suburban:

I will say that her episodes in Angel are better than her episodes in Buffy. Plus the cinematography in Angel felt a lot stronger and higher budget. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

oh my god I miss her :jonny: one of the most interesting characters ever

• Thanks 1

The Man Who

“Are You Now or Have You Ever Been” was such a great episode. I do need to rewatch Angel at some point as it’s been a while.

Watch me rewatch and become #TeamNoAngelus 

:ryan3:

Side note: is your name supposed to also be a Dido reference? As she has an album called No Angel. 

• Like 1

Maybe you can have rights after all.

I will say that her episodes in Angel are better than her episodes in Buffy. Plus the cinematography in Angel felt a lot stronger and higher budget. 

Yeeees, I always forget to bring that up. It did feel big.

I also really loved hotel as a setting.  

The Man Who

Yeeees, I always forget to bring that up. It did feel big.

I also really loved hotel as a setting.  

I did too! I really liked the actress from that episode as well. I used to mention it to a friend of mine who had watched Buffy but not Angel that I feel like Angel was filmed better. So many of the fight scenes are so cinematic in a way that Buffy was never able to replicate. Some of the episodes in S4 with…

Spoiler

The Beast are perfection! 

“Are You Now or Have You Ever Been” was such a great episode. I do need to rewatch Angel at some point as it’s been a while.

Watch me rewatch and become #TeamNoAngelus 

:ryan3:

Side note: is your name supposed to also be a Dido reference? As she has an album called No Angel. 

Omg yes, do it, I found myself loving Buffy more on this re-watch than the previous one:khalyan:

I guess because I really hate streaming shows and it's been ages since I've watched network series and I missed the format.

Yes it was :suburban:

Thanks to White Flag video I always associate Dido with Angel :ryan3:

I love when I watch S5 of Angel I can always tell when he filmed music video lol

• Like 1

The Man Who

I’m posting a clip from Angel S4, but I’ll spoiler tag it.

Spoiler

That slow-motion shot at 2:50 tugged at Buffy’s S6 Scooby-Doo wig a bit.

• Like 2

I did too! I really liked the actress from that episode as well. I used to mention it to a friend of mine who had watched Buffy but not Angel that I feel like Angel was filmed better. So many of the fight scenes are so cinematic in a way that Buffy was never able to replicate. Some of the episodes in S4 with…

Hide contents

The Beast are perfection! 

I can't wait to get to S4 because I remember letting fans affect my opinion of it. I remember being bothered by obvious plot but then there were amazing episodes, I remember LOVING serialized format of the season.

Hide contents

The one where they gaslight us that Angel got his soul back :WAP:

The Man Who
2 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

Omg yes, do it, I found myself loving Buffy more on this re-watch than the previous one:khalyan:

I guess because I really hate streaming shows and it's been ages since I've watched network series and I missed the format.

Yes it was :suburban:

Thanks to White Flag video I always associate Dido with Angel :ryan3:

I love when I watch S5 of Angel I can always tell when he filmed music video lol

I completely forgot that David was in the MV! It’s been so long since I’ve watched it, but I love that song / album. 

I might start rewatching soon as I do miss characters like Cordelia and Fred. I will say that Wesley’s character development is incredible. Also, I actually found so many of the demons in Angel creepy. At times it felt more like an episode of Supernatural than a Buffy spin-off. You could tell that they had a later time-slot. 

I’m posting a clip from Angel S4, but I’ll spoiler tag it.

Hide contents

That slow-motion shot at 2:50 tugged at Buffy’s S6 Scooby-Doo wig a bit.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm overreacting when I'm praising Angel but then I see clip from it and I know that I'm not :khalyan:

It is different show, and I think most Buffy fans don't like it because it's not Buffy 2.0 and they get into the show already deciding that they won't like it and it's a shame.

What is this Anya Slander?:rip:

She is the funniest character in the whole Buffy verse. Be fr

I completely forgot that David was in the MV! It’s been so long since I’ve watched it, but I love that song / album. 

I might start rewatching soon as I do miss characters like Cordelia and Fred. I will say that Wesley’s character development is incredible. Also, I actually found so many of the demons in Angel creepy. At times it felt more like an episode of Supernatural than a Buffy spin-off. You could tell that they had a later time-slot. 

Dido knew what she was doing when she hired David at his beauty peak :khalyan2:

When it comes to other Angel character I'm sad no one ever mentions Lorne, I loved him. And Lindsey. Lilah. So good. :khalyan:

The Man Who
2 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

I can't wait to get to S4 because I remember letting fans affect my opinion of it. I remember being bothered by obvious plot but then there were amazing episodes, I remember LOVING serialized format of the season.

Hide contents

The one where they gaslight us that Angel got his soul back :WAP:

That episode was so good! The Beast was such an eerie villain. I loved whenever he was on screen. The make-up department did the damn job with his design. 

1 minute ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

What is this Anya Slander?:rip:

She is the funniest character in the whole Buffy verse. Be fr

Name 3 funny scenes quick :khalyan2:

Angel in Angel was more hilarious than her forced sarcastic humor. 

• Haha 1

The Man Who
1 minute ago, NoAngelus said:

Dido knew what she was doing when she hired David at his beauty peak :khalyan2:

When it comes to other Angel character I'm sad no one ever mentions Lorne, I loved him. And Lindsey. Lilah. So good. :khalyan:

We stan Lorne in this household. You can tell that they took inspiration from him for the Lucifer TV show with Tom Ellis.

That episode was so good! The Beast was such an eerie villain. I loved whenever he was on screen. The make-up department did the damn job with his design. 

I wonder if they would've used him more if Joss didn't decided to rewrite season with Charisma's pregnancy. 

They had so many ideas for Angel, I feel like they were more invested in it as it went than they were with Buffy. With Buffy they still had responsibility for its main demographic, with Angel they just didn't care. 

We stan Lorne in this household. You can tell that they took inspiration from him for the Lucifer TV show with Tom Ellis.

That scene when Fred starts singing and we see his face, it's the scariest moment of the universe for me. 

Oh I didn't know that, I have Lucifer on my to watch list already.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.