Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel (aka Buffyverse)

Josh

Just now, NoAngelus said:

Every time I watch Buffy I have the same opinion about that one or even The Body. 

not too much on The Body, now, so many great moments in that episode. Imo it is a masterclass in television writing, was holding my breath almost the entire episode

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• livelikemusic

• Josh

• sunbathinganimal

• fridayteenage

2 minutes ago, Bloody Willy said:

I'm on episode 8 of season 3, first time watch. So far the only thing I like about him is his longer hair. :suburban: He'll always be the inferior Giles in my eyes

Oh don't worry, Wesley's dramatic change starts soon :suburban:

1 minute ago, Bloody Willy said:

not too much on The Body, now, so many great moments in that episode. Imo it is a masterclass in television writing, was holding my breath almost the entire episode

Sarah deserved Emmy for that one, and Michelle was amazing too. But other than that I didn't find it very good. That one minute where Buffy and Tara talked moved me more than Willow, Xander and Anya together. Anya is just bothering me so much on this rewatch. She really is useless until S6.

To think all of this this discourse started because I asked if I should continue watching Angel when I was bored of it, was convinced I shouldn't, only for me to go ahead and continue watching anyway :suburban:

4 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

Saying you want to fast forward through something isn’t negative? Because I’m pretty sure that heavily implies you don’t want to watch it?

spacer.png

It's not negative. I just wanna watch Angel too but I can't watch them at the same time spacer.png

Like I said, Buffy is in my top 5 shows of all time, but I prefer Angel. And I will defend it with my life spacer.png

Imagine calling the episode (The Body) a filter episode. Just when you thought you heard it all. 

This level of delusional should be studied

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also what was that random moment in Buffy s6/Angel s3 where they pretended we would have a crossover after Angel found out

Spoiler

Buffy was resurrected

only for them to meet up offscreen? Or did I miss an episode? Mess :suburban:

To think all of this this discourse started because I asked if I should continue watching Angel when I was bored of it, was convinced I shouldn't, only for me to go ahead and continue watching anyway :suburban:

3x09 is a game changer for Angel so :suburban:

When I think about it, I don't remember realizing I preferred Angel until I finished it. While I was watching it I was still missing Buffy and I didn't think about which show I preferred overall. But once I was done with both shows and the way Angel ended on a high I realized I preferred all characters in Angel, and its story, it's just the little things like W&H mythology, Lorne's pub, White room...

The Man Who
2 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

Sure it's sad her mother died but then again Joyce is hardly main character. There were at least 3 more shocking deaths in the universe. 

She didn’t have to be a main character for it to be shocking or sad. The thing that caught most people off guard was how it happened out of nowhere, at the end of an episode that was mostly silly / humorous. It was the most human and realistic death the show had ever portrayed from the circumstances surrounding the death to how the characters acted to it. 

For me and a lot of other people, The Body is one of the best episodes of television ever produced. I don’t think I’ve ever felt that uncomfortable by a death before as it almost feels like you’re witnessing conversations you shouldn’t be at times. The choice to remove music from the episode was genius. 

Tara and Anya dying was also shocking to me, but for completely different reasons and I personally don’t think the way they died has the same impact because although it was sad, it still felt like you were inside of a fictional reality. The Body was almost too realistic. 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Facelessboy said:

Imagine calling the episode (The Body) a filter episode. Just when you thought you heard it all. 

This level of delusional should be studied

I think you really did imagine that someone called it filter episode spacer.png

• Confused 1

who and WHO die??? mess I should finish the series before reading this thread :deadbanana:

1 minute ago, The Man Who said:

She didn’t have to be a main character for it to be shocking or sad. The thing that caught most people off guard was how it happened out of nowhere, at the end of an episode that was mostly silly / humorous. It was the most human and realistic death the show had ever portrayed from the circumstances surrounding the death to how the characters acted to it. 

For me and a lot of other people, The Body is one of the best episodes of television ever produced. I don’t think I’ve ever felt that uncomfortable by a death before as it almost feels like you’re witnessing conversations you shouldn’t be at times. The choice to remove music from the episode was genius. 

Tara and Anya dying was also shocking to me, but for completely different reasons and I personally don’t think the way they died has the same impact because although it was sad, it still felt like you were inside of a fictional reality. The Body was almost too realistic. 

spacer.png

I wasn't even talking about Tara and Anya spacer.png

I never cared for Tara and Anya died like few minutes before the show ended so it's not like we watched the show without her spacer.png 

I don't know how to post spoiler here so I'm just gonna hint, I was talking about the death of a character who started singing just before... That was far more shocking because even if you think of Joyce she battled with cancer whole season, this was just brutal and sudden. 

The Man Who

who and WHO die??? mess I should finish the series before reading this thread :deadbanana:

You haven’t finished the show?! I am SO sorry. :rip:

I assumed you were a long term fan because of your username / profile photo. 

I rarely use spoiler tags in here because I forgot that some people are watching it for the first time. Most people I interact with in here are rewatching. 

3 minutes ago, Bloody Willy said:

Oh sis so sorry you read that but it's not like they are relevant characters :ryan3:

UGH also season 5 of Buffy is so amazing, probably THE season for me so far :jonny:I low key hate season six so far, I hate how they 

Spoiler

brought her back from the dead only to make her depressed, jobless and aimless

like it's so cruel, especially how no one other than Giles seem to be helping her out? Willow and Tara boinking in Joyce's bed after absolutely blowing through the slayer's savings and 

dragging her by the scalp out of heaven

insane

You haven’t finished the show?! I am SO sorry. :rip:

I assumed you were a long term fan because of your username / profile photo. 

I rarely use spoiler tags in here because I forgot that some people are watching it for the first time. Most people I interact with in here are rewatching. 

no worries :heart:

Oh sis so sorry you read that but it's not like they are relevant characters :ryan3:

can you stop quoting me with your bad takes, I feel very uncomfortable:suburban: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bloody Willy said:

UGH also season 5 of Buffy is so amazing, probably THE season for me so far :jonny:I low key hate season six so far, I hate how they 

Reveal hidden contents

brought her back from the dead only to make her depressed, jobless and aimless

like it's so cruel, especially how no one other than Giles seem to be helping her out? Willow and Tara boinking in Joyce's bed after absolutely blowing through the slayer's savings and 

insane

I love S6, I'll never understand hate for it just because it's dark and depressing. 

That one episode when show starts a job in fast food restaurant always gets me, but fans hate it. 

The Man Who

Tara and Anya aren’t relevant? Put that Angel box-set down and get some fresh air! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bloody Willy said:

can you stop quoting me with your bad takes, I feel very uncomfortable:suburban: 

Don't worry, with your next rewatch your opinion will be closer to mine than yours now :suburban:

The Man Who

It’s giving:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Tara and Anya aren’t relevant? Put that Angel box-set down and get some fresh air! 

I'm sorry but both are just there.

Especially Tara since she was never more than just WIllow's girlfriend who barely talked. Anya at least had some storylines in S6 after that event with Xander. 

Other than that if you deleted them now from the show no one would even notice they're missing. They added NOTHING.

Buffy stans hate on Angel more than they love Buffy :ryan3: 

I low key agree with Angelus about Tara :suburban:her character never really did anything for me, and the actress played her like shite

Anya on the other hand, she is easily my favorite Buffy character since season 5. Something about the way they wrote her shifted, she became so likeable, I love her

Edited by Bloody Willy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.