Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel (aka Buffyverse)

Josh

Buffy the Vampire Slayer will forever remain the GREATEST primetime series. During quarantine, I watched it at least six to seven times, and do multiple marathons every single year. YASSS!!

On 5/30/2022 at 2:46 AM, kweenofxanax said:

Who is everyone’s favourite big bad? Glory for me :heart2:

Glory was the best conceptually, but I also enjoyed The First as a long-term boiling development.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• livelikemusic

• Josh

• sunbathinganimal

• fridayteenage

14 hours ago, TheBoss said:

Yeah could never get into Angel, I always try it once again but always quit in season 3, which kinda sucks because I've heard season 4 is awfully painful but season 5 is amazing

I never liked Angel as a series. Admittedly, their first season was probably their strongest, though, I do credit it for the lack of likable the fourth season of Buffy has for me.

Buffy will always be that girl.

Is it safe to say the Reboot has been scrapped or cancel? We haven’t heard news since 2018. 

The black Buffy 

Can we still get a faith spinoff? Miss Dushku looks amazing still & still very young? 

42 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

I never liked Angel as a series. Admittedly, their first season was probably their strongest, though, I do credit it for the lack of likable the fourth season of Buffy has for me.

The s4 & s7 were the weakest points yup, still some great episodes in each an everyone of them, the final episodes of both seasons are one of my favorites

7 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

The s4 & s7 were the weakest points yup, still some great episodes in each an everyone of them, the final episodes of both seasons are one of my favorites

Do you think the cancellation of Firefly pissed Whedon off? His heart wasn't in Buffy's final season at all compared to season 1-5.

33 minutes ago, Power love said:

Can we still get a faith spinoff? Miss Dushku looks amazing still & still very young? 

I'd love a Faith spin-off. I'd kill for anything from the Buffyverse on TV. 

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'd love a Faith spin-off. I'd kill for anything from the Buffyverse on TV. 

Same it’s been too long honestly. I just don’t know how it would work with joss not being involved 

3 minutes ago, Power love said:

Same it’s been too long honestly. I just don’t know how it would work with joss not being involved 

We don't need Whedon or his bad publicity. 

25 minutes ago, Josh said:

Do you think the cancellation of Firefly pissed Whedon off? His heart wasn't in Buffy's final season at all compared to season 1-5.

Hopefully :fan: But yeah at the end of the day your main comercially and critically succesful show ended because the main star wasn't on board for another season, so I'm sure he was putting all his luck into Firefly to become this big thing, can't blame him tho, it really deserved so much more. 

Edited by TheBoss

Just now, TheBoss said:

Hopefully :fan: But yeah at the end of the day your main comercially and critically succesful show ended because the main star wasn't on board for another season, so I'm sure he was putting all his luck into Firefly to become this big thing, can't blame him tho, it really deserved so much more. 

My headcanon to keep the Buffyverse alive is that River Tam is the new Slayer River is a slayer, but she was taken at a young age and manipulated, it made her prophetic powers more intense but it messed her mind up.

1 hour ago, TheBoss said:

Meh. I actually like the seventh season, and had it not been budget-cut, I think a lot more could have been done. But I do like the season. Season four, for me, is the worst.

Is anyone interested in going on Discord and doing a Buffy rewatch together? 

On 6/6/2022 at 1:38 PM, Shelter said:

Angel had a different vibe, which I didn’t like. I didn’t really like any characters either. 

On 6/6/2022 at 2:47 PM, Josh said:

I'd agree with you on season 1-2 but season 3 is just plan awful. Angel being a dork and Cordelia being a Mary Sue throughout season 3 is lame.

On 6/6/2022 at 8:30 PM, TheBoss said:

Yeah could never get into Angel, I always try it once again but always quit in season 3, which kinda sucks because I've heard season 4 is awfully painful but season 5 is amazing

On 6/7/2022 at 10:54 AM, livelikemusic said:

Angel (the show) was darker and DB wasn't a very good actor, but the show had the same exact formula as Buffy. It's practically the same show. IMO the first 2-3 seasons of Angel were just more consistent than most of Buffy's (except Buffy season 3 and most of season 2, which are almost perfect). I think by that time Joss just perfected his plans for a whole season story arc. Also, I truly believe the fanbase just likes Buffy the character better and identifies more with a female-dominated cast. Most of the characters 

And @TheBoss season 5 of Angel was awful, not amazing. :rip: Spike manages to ruin every show. Buffy went downhill with more and more emphasis on his character. I guess it's an unpopular opinion, but I think the show would have been stayed better without making him a cast member. 

I actually did a Angel re-watch recently. I was a Buffy kid first, but stayed up for Angel back then. First few seasons are definitely similar to Buffy but never as good. Darla & Cordelia hard carried the show. David is a ok actor, his looks just overshadowed his role. His comedy moments in Angel are entertaining and his brooding works better in his own show. Now that I’m older, I understand where the writers were going with angel. But even at its peak, it never compared to Buffy. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

Ugh… this thread is making me want to do my fifth rewatch of Buffy. :jonny: 

I watched Angel once too, but I’m not sure if I would again. It was great to see a bunch of BTVS crossover tho. 

22 minutes ago, pxxxtrick said:

Ugh… this thread is making me want to do my fifth rewatch of Buffy. :jonny: 

I watched Angel once too, but I’m not sure if I would again. It was great to see a bunch of BTVS crossover tho. 

I just finished season 2 a few days ago! 

• 2 weeks later...

Another day another viral tweet for Miss Summers :gaycat5:

• 3 weeks later...

Recently got Disney Plus and my boyfriend wants to start watching Buffy with me. It’s his favourite show and he’s been dying for me to watch it. 

We start S1 tonight and I’m excited! ?

I only managed to watch the first 2 episodes because the heat here in England is horrendous right now and I couldn’t concentrate any longer, but I love what I’ve seen so far. The atmosphere reminds me of Goosebumps, it’s just SO 90s which I adore.

The wit has been so fun and I actually audibly laughed at most of the episodes. Cordelia is comedy gold and Willow must be protected at all costs. 

1 hour ago, Rourke said:

I only managed to watch the first 2 episodes because the heat here in England is horrendous right now and I couldn’t concentrate any longer, but I love what I’ve seen so far. The atmosphere reminds me of Goosebumps, it’s just SO 90s which I adore.

The wit has been so fun and I actually audibly laughed at most of the episodes. Cordelia is comedy gold and Willow must be protected at all costs. 

glad to see some love for season 1! you're gonna love season 2! 

26 minutes ago, Josh said:

glad to see some love for season 1! you're gonna love season 2! 

I’ve been told that S2 is significantly better than S1, but I’ve enjoyed what I’ve seen so far and I can tell it’s going to be my type of show. I’ve seen a lot of the actors already as they had cameos in Supernatural, so it’s nice seeing who they played in Buffy. 

1 hour ago, Rourke said:

I’ve been told that S2 is significantly better than S1, but I’ve enjoyed what I’ve seen so far and I can tell it’s going to be my type of show. I’ve seen a lot of the actors already as they had cameos in Supernatural, so it’s nice seeing who they played in Buffy. 

also when you finish Buffy I hope you have the chance to watch Angel! 

21 hours ago, Rourke said:

Recently got Disney Plus and my boyfriend wants to start watching Buffy with me. It’s his favourite show and he’s been dying for me to watch it. 

We start S1 tonight and I’m excited! ?

oh, YAY! I hope Disney+ doesn't have the horrendous excuse of a "remaster."

54 minutes ago, Josh said:

also when you finish Buffy I hope you have the chance to watch Angel! 

We are potentially going to watch them side by side when we reach Buffy S4. 

3 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

oh, YAY! I hope Disney+ doesn't have the horrendous excuse of a "remaster."

It is the HD version! But I don’t think it looks that bad so far. ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.