Nelly Furtado is recording new music with Bomba Stereo

obrigado

I got into her music earlier this year (only knew her big English and Spanish hits prior to that). Such an underrated talent, her versatility is incredible and I was so worried she'd retire after I read she was planning to sell her catalog, glad she's working on new material! 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dark Miracles

• GiulioLIFESTYLE

• Frozen99

• Daddy

TSI was such a mixed bag. Half of it was pure pop perfection while the other half was terrible. The Ride is just terrible.

I don't understand what happened after Loose. Obviously it's her best album, but I even enjoyed Folklore and it's like the complete opposite of Loose :skull: I wish she would find some inspiration.

i loved the ride, more than her debut and folklore

i'm just happy she didn't retire and hopefully will keep releasing music

this sounds like a cute bop 

At least Mi Plan is better than The Ride :chick3:

The Ride is a mess!

Spanish? I want an album full of No Hay Igual an Mi Plan sounds.

Why is everyone dragging The Ride? It’s not her best album (we have Folklore for that), but it’s an extremely good record with artistic lntegrity and mature themes

OT, I am extremely happy to see she is alive and recording. Give us something queen, we have been starving 

see y'all in 2047 when the song is finally released
wwwfpujke.gif

I'm always here for Nelly, I love love her

I loveeeee bomba stereo! I’m totally here for it and I can see them working together. This will be a hit.

15 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

I wonder why she gave up on Timbaland 

She actually tried getting in the studio with Timbaland in between Loose and Mi Plan but nothing was officially released of course. They’re seemingly on good terms though I think.

I do like a couple of tracks from it, but overall TSI was a mess full of random half baked ideas. darkchild did not make any justice to nelly's voice and style.

21 hours ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

Why is everyone dragging The Ride? It’s not her best album (we have Folklore for that)

Not when Folklore is her second best after the debut, these two albums made Nelly Furtado’s name quality wise. 

I LOVE Bomba Estereo so I am absolutely pumped about this if true

It's Bomba Estéreo 

Anf I'm SHOOK cause I just discovered their music. Deja is a stellar album. I need Lido Pimienta on there too!

10 hours ago, campelo said:

Not when Folklore is her second best after the debut, these two albums made Nelly Furtado’s name quality wise. 

The debut definitely did a better job at showcasing her personality and eclectic talent, but Folklore really has a special place in my heart :heart:

her whole discography is a true masterpiece tho (even if at least 3 more records would have been appreciated), so I can totally see your points

2 hours ago, Daddy said:

It's Bomba Estéreo 

Anf I'm SHOOK cause I just discovered their music. Deja is a stellar album. I need Lido Pimienta on there too!

Oooo a fellow Lido fan ?

4 hours ago, Daddy said:

It's Bomba Estéreo 

Well, Nelly follows Lido too!!!! 

11 hours ago, yonka said:

Oooo a fellow Lido fan ?

9 hours ago, obrigado said:

Well, Nelly follows Lido too!!!! 

It would be so amazing, they would flow so well together on some nice electronic folk production :clap3: 

We need a smash Nelly album in our lives. The way her first 3 albums had a chokehold on me and then she forgot how to write good songs??? 

On 5/27/2022 at 3:01 AM, Slap said:

I’m one of the few who likes The Spirit Indestructible and Mi Plan but The

Ride was a bit of a snore by her usual standards. 

To me it seems like the level of fame she had with Loose was too much and she’s kind of tried to avoid mainstream success and the pressures that come with it. 

Give us another ‘Parking Lot’, ‘No Hay Igual’, and ‘Do It’ queen, just without the cultural appropriation and stolen beats. Excited for new music from our Latinx queen!

TSI is her best album to date.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.