Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning P1 |RT: 96%,MC: 81| $370M WW| In theaters now 🪂

Broken

I mean he can't really lose either way. This Frenchies only gets better and better. 

Edited by TouchinFree

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• mystery

• Gorjesspazze9

• ctlp27

8 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

thoughts on this Summer of $300M+ Movies? 

hasn't most of them totally flopped? :skull: i don't think it'll be the case for MI, cruise built up this franchise + he's coming back from top gun, it'll be a smash.

Just now, Frozen99 said:

hasn't most of them totally flopped? :skull: i don't think it'll be the case for MI, cruise built up this franchise + he's coming back from top gun, it'll be a smash.

Yeah they all are flips. I doubt this will flop tho. I saw it tonight and it was Amazing! Plus the GP love him

• Like 1

This will do really well at the box office - and still make a loss for them.

The era of expensive movies is finally over. Time for Hollywood to go back to quality over quantity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MI is a worthy filmography series and the latest one having this budget

You can't deny Tom Cruise has star power and the draw from the GP

the movie is so so good. we need action movies like this, the stunt, the suspense, the new girl is also so good....

Edited by chiliam
  • Like 4

We already knew this a long time ago this isn't news.

From February 2022:
VARIETY: ‘Mission: Impossible 7’: How COVID-19 Blew Up the Budget of Tom Cruise’s Spy Sequel

But making this childhood dream come true has proved costly, considering this stunt and others like it had to be pulled off in the midst of a globe-rattling pandemic. It has also left Paramount and Skydance Media shouldering a massive budget and an endless stream of unforeseen expenses. “Mission: Impossible 7” cost $290 million to produce, which is tens of millions more than the studio and its financial partner expected to have to shell out, multiple insiders with knowledge of the production told Variety. That eye-popping price tag includes the substantial tax incentives that the global production was able to leverage to rein in costs. In contrast, the most recent film in the series, 2018’s “Mission: Impossible — Fallout,” cost $190 million to make.

A significant factor in this budget escalation is that “Mission: Impossible 7” was initially scheduled to begin shooting in Venice in February 2020, but it had to stop and start production seven different times, insiders said. Day one of principal photography, which was supposed to involve an elaborate action sequence staged during the Carnival Venice, an annual festival renowned for its elaborate masks, took place on the same day that Northern Italy went into COVID-19 lockdown. The production then scrambled to move shooting to Rome, only to once again be forced to shut down when cases spiked.

Public health restrictions and further outbreaks of the virus added unanticipated costs, said the sources, because the studio has had to keep crew and cast members employed and housed during long lag times and quarantine periods. There are also costs associated with having to shut down streets and canals in major cities, such as Rome and Venice, only have to scrap those plans and reschedule them. Though the film’s backers tried to be nimble, the complexity of mounting an international production, one that hopscotched across a half-dozen countries including Poland and the United Arab Emirates, meant that no matter how hard the “Mission: Impossible” team tried, it couldn’t outrun a pandemic that knows no borders. Further complicating matters were global supply chain issues, other insiders added, which brought unforeseen costs via lumber and additional materials.

Edited by mystery
  • Like 2

Just now, byzantium said:

Turns out that the "Mission Impossible" is to make a profit. 

If it grosses the same as the last installment it should be fine.

1 minute ago, mystery said:

If it grosses the same as the last installment it should be fine.

There is reason to potentially be concerned considering the post-pandemic cinema market is not as large, but I'm not as worried.  I was just going for the joke.

• Haha 1

This isn't impressive at all. The value of money has increased a lot in the last years, so it will be more normal to have budgets like this one in the future

This was amazing :jonny5: Tom Cruise is cinema. Might have to watch it again because the action sequences were the best they've made. 

• Like 2

I read that the ending is very satisfaying, feels like a stand-alone movie.

A, A+ CinemaScore incoming :duca:.

3 hours ago, Broken said:

I read that the ending is very satisfaying, feels like a stand-alone movie.

A, A+ CinemaScore incoming :duca:.

It was my first time watching any MI film (went with my friend who is a megafan) and while I enjoyed it, I don't think it felt like a stand-alone movie. Some of the action sequences to me personally felt like they were too drawn out and the story itself felt very repetitive at times in the sense of "doing the same thing different day." However it did leave me excited to see Part 2 so I suppose it definitely did its job. 

Wow I didn't expect the reviews... I thought Hollywood was over 

Lemme add it to my list :gaycat:

so good OMG my butthole was CLENCHED. another HIT for Mr. Cruise :clap3:

Spoiler

poor Ilsa tho :chick3:

Spoiler

I just got back from seeing it and still can’t believe Ilsa is gone. When she and Ethan were holding hands and embracing, I was so happy. I really like Grace but she pales in comparison to Ilsa  

Uh... I'm sorry but I didn't like that choice :deadbanana2: 

I'm betting she's not dead but that left a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of the movie nnn

Overall I feel like Rogue Nation and Fallout were better but the runtime went by quick and the action was well done. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.