I Am…Sasha Fierce vs Loud: Which is More Iconic?

BOOMBAYAH

Saw this tweet and thought it would be interesting to here you guys’ thoughts:

My personal favorite is Loud, but IASF definitely wins here. The whole double album / alter ego concept was really well executed.

IASF sold more, had bigger and more memorable singles, won more awards, oustreamed across several platforms, etc. It's indisputably bigger and therefore more iconic. One of the best pop eras of the century.

IASF for the singles, Loud for album/aesthetics. rih’s red hair was everywhere!

Loud was abandoned in 11 months

IASF was milked for 3 years and they still kinda the same in impact

Single Ladies is more iconic than any song Rihanna has released 

I Am... Sasha Fierce. "Single Ladies" is super iconic song and video. "Halo" has become a huge recurrent streaming smash.

'Loud' era was huge but it more about consistency, neither of the three big hits are among Rihanna's very top-sellers.

Better match-up would be GGGB vs. IASF. They both have almost the exact same number of units WW.

Loud is better matched up against B'Day, also almost the same units WW.

10 minutes ago, abeille said:

IASF sold more, had bigger and more memorable singles, won more awards, oustreamed across several platforms, etc. It's indisputably bigger and therefore more iconic. One of the best pop eras of the century.

Outstreamed where??? :deadbanana2: Only Girl in the world outsold the entire single of IAsF

5 minutes ago, navykesha said:

Outstreamed where??? :deadbanana2: Only Girl in the world outsold the entire single of IAsF

Halo outsold every Loud single in total units and has been eligible for diamond in the US for years. Loud doesn't have any diamond eligible singles.

IASF (2.9B) outstreamed Loud on both Spotify and Youtube. Halo alone is well over 1B on both platforms.

Edited by abeille

I prefer Loud but IASF. The black and white videos, single ladies, halo ect. 

IASF - I agree though that GGB and IASF are a better match up. Love to Bey and Rih. We love our black queens! 

I hate to say it but Sasha. LOUD is very memorable, but between the classic that was Halo and the chaos surrounding single ladies, Sasha takes it. 

I Am Sasha Fierce was a complete era. LOUD was a bunch of singles. 

I Am... Sasha Fierce was a perfect era. "Single Ladies" alone is probably bigger than anything Rihanna has ever done.

IASF was a bigger era, but Loud was also big and Rihanna aesthetic that era was stunning :jonnycat: 

Good Girl Gone Bad is more comparable to IASF.

14 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

I Am... Sasha Fierce was a perfect era. "Single Ladies" alone is probably bigger than anything Rihanna has ever done.

IASF seems bigger but Loud was just a fave and the visuals tho, and WMN just grew better and better 

IASF

I was a huge stan at the time.

I love the ballads off that album and a few other songs.

It's her best album and the queers can come for me all they want but idgaf. I just like that album and that's it.

Loud is very special to me also and Rihanna used to be one of my faves but IASF wins this one.

GGGB stomps on them both tho. That album was a cultural reset.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.