What era did Avril become bigger than Christina?

Xtianlofbritney

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ProudLBS

• brainmaniac

• Cutthroat

• Power love

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ProudLBS said:

and I forgot these:

Let Go - 814,719

Love Sux - 474,121

The Best Damn Thing - 462,323

Goodbye Lullaby - 358,952

---------------------------

Stripped - 334,509

in about a month The Best Damn Thing will surpass Stripped on Spotify and I'll be sure to open a thread

4,276,555 streams to go

tumblr_pvrgzlIsku1u5v8fpo1_400.gif

You forgot

Monthly listeners:

Christina: 18,593,432   #216 WW (EP with 6 songs in spanish)

Avril: 16,625,345    #253 WW (A full album with 12 songs in english)

ReH2o

Just now, ReH2o said:

You forgot

Monthly listeners:

Christina: 18,593,432   #216 WW (EP with 6 songs in spanish)

Avril: 16,625,345    #253 WW (A full album with 12 songs in english)

ReH2o

a heavily playlisted singles artist having more monthly listeners cause people come across her songs on playlists? shocking

most followed:

#164 - Avril Lavigne - 8,740,898

OUT - Christina Aguilera - 6,929,202

LrGq.thumb.gif.bb1da28c83ce6928560a0a7b3

36 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

Right? :rip: And it wasn’t just the Backstreet Boys, Avril is an opening act too now for Machine Gun Kelly :deadbanana2:

And Xtina is singing at universities for students who weren't even born when Xtina had her last solo Top 5 hit, hence why they have no idea who she is :dancehall:

24 minutes ago, Cutthroat said:

The vocals… :gaycat6:

I’m sorry I’m not watching all this. At what part does somebody says “who is this?” Didn’t you say that? 

4 minutes ago, Power love said:

I’m sorry I’m not watching all this. At what part does somebody says “who is this?” Didn’t you say that? 

I don't have the time stamp. If you think I’m watching a 25 minute video of Christina screaming at me, you’re crazy. 

People in the thread that was made about the video said you could hear somebody in the audience asking multiple times who the singer was.

Would ATRL users lie?

XvkVYwm.gif

Edited by Cutthroat

2 minutes ago, Cutthroat said:

Would ATRL users lie?

So you just copy & paste what anyone says without fact checking. Gotta…

*Note to self

Dont take this user seriously in the future.  :gaynetcat3:

1 minute ago, Power love said:

*Note to self

That was a tiny part of what I said though?

Why was that part so relevant? Was Miss Aguilera not performing at a University whilst Avril was performing to an arena of fans singing her song back to her?

But lemme go and cry that ATRL user Power love won’t take me seriously in the future. 

XvkVYwm.gif

15 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

And Xtina is singing at universities for students who weren't even born when Xtina had her last solo Top 5 hit, hence why they have no idea who she is :dancehall:

Even if some young people weren’t very familiar with Christina in the US, you can only imagine how many more tons of young people haven’t heard of Avril in the US :lmao:

Christina is clearly still way more known in the US well known since her last Top 10 was in 2014, a span of 15 years of Top 10 hits, while Avril’s last Top 10 hit was in 2007 :rip: and her span of Top 10 hits only lasted 5 years :deadbanana2:

There’s a reason why Avril degraded herself into becoming Machine Gun Kelly’s opening act, hoping to make herself known to young people who don’t know she exists :deadbanana2:

At the end of the day, way more people know who Christina is. Most major female artists are known by at least 90 percent of people. Then, there’s Avril who isn't even known by 80 percent of people :deadbanana4:

https://today.yougov.com/topics/entertainment/explore/music_artist/Christina_Aguilera?content=articles

CHRISTINA AGUILERA

Music Artist

Christina Aguilera
header icon
Fame (have heard of)
93%

Music Artist

Avril Lavigne
header icon
Fame (have heard of)
78%

Edited by brainmaniac

Goodbye Lullaby. And she just extended it with Love Sux!

Avril will never reach Aguilera's career heights. 

She would have to catch up 6 Grammys, 4 more #1s in the US and 10m more units sold WW to even compare. Christina was always bigger though, it's just useless stan wars that try to portray Avril as one of Xtina's peers, when they never were in the same league to begin with. 

12 minutes ago, Power love said:

*Note to self

Interesting, so he’s claiming something he can’t even verify :gaynetcat3:

Currently Avril is bigger, she can at least chart. I dont know when it happened. 

1 hour ago, Power love said:

I feel this is really hard to answer.

Christina has been & always will be the bigger name artist. 

Avril has been out selling Aguilera though most of her career album wise but in the singles department Aguilera wins.

Aguilera has never been an opening act for the back street boys which is embarrassing :rip:

I feel base off that alone Aguilera wins.

Not true at all. Avril is a much bigger name especially in 2022. Xtina isnt remembered at all shes the most forgotten 

Let Go alone is bigger than any Xtina album so then I would guess :gaycat4:

Let Go, if we’re being honest. Christina has always been in the shadow of another artist -whether it’s Britney or P!nk, she’s never had her own moment. Avril carved out her lane in her first era and has been comfortable there ever since. Christina always struggled for the spotlight but was never #1. 

Also, Miss Lavigne’s sales have been much more consistent. Christina’s sales are buoyed by her debut era (which is mostly forgotten) or the Maroon 5 song. 

Also, let’s not throw stones in glasshouses with regards touring… Avril is able to sell out: something Xtina can’t do:

There’s also a very good reason her box scores are hidden for her US theatre tour. I think someone calculated that she sold 43% of a theatre in Denver. Not surprising she is now taking University gigs and co-headling festivals with RuPaul’s Drag Race queens :deadbanana4:

Here’s the box scores for her US theatre tour. As you can see 43% in Denver. It must have been very echoey!

23 minutes ago, genio said:

Avril will never reach Aguilera's career heights. 

She would have to catch up 6 Grammys, 4 more #1s in the US and 10m more units sold WW to even compare. Christina was always bigger though, it's just useless stan wars that try to portray Avril as one of Xtina's peers, when they never were in the same league to begin with

Avril has literally sold more albums than Xtina :lmao:

Avril has FOUR songs with better recurrent stats than Genie In a Bottle, let alone the other 2 radio-driven #1s from her debut :celestial5:

And those 10M units come from Chartmasters’ formula, which counts features as albums sold AND gives them a boost. Not everyone is a singles artist.

Speaking of Chartmasters, Avril’s albums are absolutely demolishing Xtina’s on streaming (~650,000 more units per year), and once Chartmasters halves Xtina’s features and applies the new YouTube formula to Avril’s albums… suddenly the gap won’t be of 10M :eli:

Last hit

Christina: 2013 (Say Something)

Avril: 2007 (Girlfriend) 2010 (Cheers)

:michael:

Another Avril vs Xtina thread :deadbanana:

Anyway.... Let Go 

Both flops that only lasted three eras but at least Christina has a Grammy. 

I think Avril might've outlasted her, but the difference is minimal.

1 minute ago, ProudLBS said:

Avril has literally sold more albums than Xtina :lmao:

Avril has FOUR songs with better recurrent stats than Genie In a Bottle, let alone the other 2 radio-driven #1s from her debut :celestial5:

And those 10M units come from Chartmasters’ formula, which counts features as albums sold AND gives them a boost. Not everyone is a singles artist.

Speaking of Chartmasters, Avril’s albums are absolutely demolishing Xtina’s on streaming (~650,000 more units per year), and once Chartmasters halves Xtina’s features and applies the new YouTube formula to Avril’s albums… suddenly the gap won’t be of 10M :eli:

Talk it out with the GP, the RECORDING ACADEMY, the streaming platforms and every person who supported Christina. They seem to be in the vast majority. :coffee2:

See, when you're a legend who went on to inspire a whole generation. :clap3:

3 minutes ago, KOMH said:

Both flops that only lasted three eras but at least Christina has a Grammy. 

I think Avril might've outlasted her, but the difference is minimal.

strangely enough your fave ripped off material from Avril’s 4th era.