Anne Hathaway serves TABS at Cannes, goes viral

Billionaire

that's my princess of genovia! never knew the real reason behind the media/internet hating her.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• PlERRE

• Smarticle

• Natawie

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back the old school Hollywood glamour.

Always love this queen. Her charisma is always amazing. Between this and that Kelly karaoke vid, she really making a comeback, hopefully her upcoming projects also doing well.

Love seeing her getting praise after receiving that undeserved backlash all those years ago.

Unproblematic Queen :heart2:

I can't lie. She was annoying during her Oscar campaign but the backlash was not needed.

4 hours ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

I haven’t thought this theory out super long, but could it maybe be about how men perceive Scarlett vs Anne? Scarlett is “problematic”, but is every straight man’s dream; her “bombshell” cool-girl persona and appearance is very male-gazey. Up until Black Widow she also wasn’t incredibly successful as an actress, and was more known for her looks - it’s really only been the past few years she’s become an “acclaimed” actress. As opposed to Anne, who at the peak of the hate was outdoing every actor in Hollywood (successful commercially and in terms of acclaim/awards), didn’t sugar coat her thoughts or cover them in euphemisms, and most importantly rocked a short hair cut which isn’t in line with the traditional long-haired Hollywood starlet look. 

Anne and Scarlett’s brands are definitely polar opposites so your theory makes total sense.

It’s also why her turn as Catwoman made no sense and didn’t work. Imho.

i thought she quit?

She looks absolutely stunning as usual, I love her, she's such a beautiful and kind woman. :heart2: 

not these back to back viral tweets praising her... Did the Brokeback Mountain actressé snap ?

cuca-deboa.gif

She barely looks older than she did on TDWP and that movie came out in 2006 :biblionny: 

3 hours ago, Zoe_ said:

I can't lie. She was annoying during her Oscar campaign but the backlash was not needed.

She was hella annoying in 2012/2013 :rip: BUT, she is insanely talented and beautiful, 

she got backlash?? who the f hates on anne hathaway :skull:

13 minutes ago, brenda-walsh said:

People mention it but I have zero recollection of the Anne Hathaway hate train. 

Dog walking the girls from this and Cannes from a lot of years, past, present, and likely future. Def a moment.

Reminds me of a lot of classic French movie stars appearances from the '70s.

Her team had a mission, they achieved it. Good for her.

We love her again? The internet has a love hate relationship with poor Anne. I’ve always like her tho. Her and Jeremy make a hot couple :giraffe:

Edit: Nvm I guess she’s married

Edited by rivers

1 hour ago, brenda-walsh said:

1 hour ago, Baby Boy said:

I remember reading a theory saying that she got hated by the public because she was rising a lot during the recession/economic crisis in the US, so her face was associated with those years. 

9 minutes ago, PlERRE said:

I remember reading a theory saying that she got hated by the public because she was rising a lot during the recession/economic crisis in the US, so her face was associated with those years. 

:deadbanana4: that's an interesting take

i thought it was just the overexposure and it peaked when she got backlash for being too bubbly with James Franco for hosting the Oscars

Stunning. The amount of hate she received on Family Guy was hilarious tho :ahh:

Legend deserves all this good PR! 

10 hours ago, Smarticle said:

:deadbanana4: that's an interesting take

i thought it was just the overexposure and it peaked when she got backlash for being too bubbly with James Franco for hosting the Oscars

I'll try to find the thread. Apparently her face was everywhere when crisis were happening, so she is associated with dark times (Not her fault) and that's why people had a hate train for her. :rip: 

Happy she's getting the redemption and love she deserves, unproblematic queen. 

12 hours ago, brenda-walsh said:

12 hours ago, Baby Boy said:

It was around the Les Mis awards campaign. She has a very earnest and bubbly personality, so people started calling her fake, corny and annoying. Plus she was in a career high, so obviously the jealousy of the internet come out. It was a clear case of bandwagon behavior, it was cool and trendy to hate her on the internet. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.