Neil Patrick Harris apologizes for party food mocking a deceased Amy Winehouse

Bimbo

Usually I'll try and find a reason to defend celebs in threads like these if people are reaching, but there is no defending that :biblio: 3 months after her passing too? :biblio:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nano

• The7thStranger

• FOCK

• Protocol

Top Posters In This Topic

This was super disrespectful and distasteful. Not only did they mock her death, but they also made her look like she was mauled by a tiger for extra shock value.  Her passing still saddens me to this day, I can’t imagine why they thought doing this was funny or okay.

I’m not into cancel culture and generally try to see past “scandals” but this is absolutely ****ing disgusting. And so soon after poor Amy’s death. I can’t imagine how her family and friends would feel about seeing this. I never liked this man. Screw him.

In very poor taste. He could’ve had a meat platter corpse (cool idea for a Halloween serve) and not been a dick by making it into Amy. 

Well, clearly the public is not going to be safe unless this man is incarcerated and placed in solitary confinement from now until his final day. Someone get the cuffs ready. Nasty jerk. 

Amy thing aside (deeply distasteful) what kind of sick **** serves something like this for consumption? And who eats it? And who posts about it thinking it's funny?

The amount of thought that had to go into this without anyone thinking it wasn't a good idea is confusing me. You mean to tell that from planning to creating to serving, nobody was like, "hey, this is gross and disrespectful"? :jonny: Just goes to show how poorly people view addicts who die from their disease. Pathetic and disgusting.

7 hours ago, FOCK said:

And how is this different than any steak or roast served at a celebration  exactly? A sentient being still died. 

He’s gross for serving meat. :coffee2:

a cow has never given the world what Amy gave us, they’re basically disposable and it doesn’t compare at all

OT: he’s rotten and disgusting :sad:

6 hours ago, Nano said:

Because friends should be allowed to make offensive jokes to each other in the privacy of their homes.

In the privacy of their own homes, yes. This was publicly posted.

1 minute ago, gatito said:

a cow has never given the world what Amy gave us, they’re basically disposable and it doesn’t compare at all

OT: he’s rotten and disgusting :sad:

So the sanctity of life is only worth what you contribute by human standards?

And I beg to differ about what the benefit of an animal’s companionship & a respect for all living beings that think & feel, can offer the world. 

Was this distasteful? Yes. Is it the worst aspect of the situation? No. Is it overblown in the context of Halloween? Yes. 

27 minutes ago, FOCK said:

And I beg to differ about what the benefit of an animal’s companionship & a respect for all living beings that think & feel, can offer the world. 

Was this distasteful? Yes. Is it the worst aspect of the situation? No. Is it overblown in the context of Halloween? Yes. 

shut up Meowth 

1dcd50a63f77445ef47dbf3d01009b7b--nice-t

:mazen:

I'm weak, wtf. He always had a nice image too but now that barney frank role makes sense.

2 hours ago, FOCK said:

imho yes, just the way her music has saved and will save millions of lives for generations to come is vastly superior to a single cow that was bred to become food

she wasn't just any human being she was important for so many people

I entered the thread expecting something stupid and sjw-ish

But holy **** that photo and the timing is extremely disturbing, like how was even than possible back then.

You have to be really ****** up to do something like that.

:skull: 

This is tacky, not only was she MASSIVE, he knew this would get traction.

Using her corpse likeness when she RECENTLY died (we know how she died too) and her issues just make it more insensitive.

This is the stuff people PRETENDED Ellen was doing but she wasnt, men like him do.

How does one even attend and eat at this party with that there? What if you knew her?

10 hours ago, FOCK said:

And how is this different than any steak or roast served at a celebration  exactly? A sentient being still died. 

He’s gross for serving meat. :coffee2:

nothing but fax

It's not only disrespectful but also incredibly tacky, especially so soon after her passing.