Neil Patrick Harris apologizes for party food mocking a deceased Amy Winehouse

Bimbo

The “disgusting” and “graphic” meat platter inspired by Amy Winehouse’s corpse that Neil Patrick Harris served at a party just 3 months after her death has resurfaced online.

Just three months after her death, Neil Patrick Harris and his husband, David Burtka, attracted criticism when they displayed “The Corpse of Amy Winehouse” at their Halloween party buffet. Jesse Tyler Ferguson and his now-husband, Justin Mikita, were guests at the party and Justin shared a photo of the platter to Twitter at the time.

The disturbing photo showed a gory depiction of a rotting and bloodied corpse, complete with Amy’s iconic beehive hairdo, and a glimpse at her tattoos. In case there was any doubt over who the dish was supposed to represent, a handwritten description that had been placed beside the food read: “The Corpse of Amy Winehouse.”

Graphic image:

sub-buzz-2494-1652366723-45.png?downsize

While the plate was ultimately a meat platter, many mistakenly thought that the grotesque display was a cake, and referred to it as such in their critique. The now-viral tweet read: “I cannot believe how many very online people over the age of 25 are just now finding out about Neil Patrick Harris’s disgusting Amy Winehouse cake…”

Harris has a response. "A photo recently resurfaced from a Halloween-themed party my husband and I hosted 11 years ago," Harris tells EW in a statement. "It was regrettable then, and it remains regrettable now. Amy Winehouse was a once-in-a-generation talent, and I'm sorry for any hurt this image caused."

Source

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nano

• The7thStranger

• FOCK

• Protocol

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to be a nasty ass person with a rotten soul to do that. Back then AND now. 

I'm screaming at that pic :rip:

:biblio:

Who would think to do this? :rip:

the late 00’s were a lawless time on social media 

Edited by PieceByPiece_KC

I knew there was a reason this guy creeped me out. He always gave "party and play" ex twink pushing 50 incessantly messaging you on Grindr at odd hours that you don't want to block out of pity but don't ever reply to.

People celebrated the death of two many “homophobic” black men for me to care about this. 

3 minutes ago, Protocol said:

I knew there was a reason this guy creeped me out. He always gave "party and play" ex twink pushing 50 incessantly messaging you on Grindr at odd hours that you don't want to block out of pity but don't ever reply to.

Go off :deadbanana2:

Just nasty...I have no words.

3 minutes ago, Protocol said:

He one did a bad thing now you created some fictional scenario about him using he’s sexuality as an insult. 

Just now, princedonte said:

He one did a bad thing now you created some fictional scenario about him using he’s sexuality as an insult. 

You're right. I need prayer.

And how is this different than any steak or roast served at a celebration  exactly? A sentient being still died. 

He’s gross for serving meat. :coffee2:

Even if this was a decade ago, how in the f*ck would you make a doll who looks like a copse of someone who recently just died?! especially for your halloween ornaments?!

I'm sure NPH won't be pleased if someone would do this to him or his family, especially his children. F*CK OFF

He is such a disgusting person. And the fact that he only apologized now when people finally started exposing him for it just shows how disingenuous his apology is and how he's only doing it to save his image. This is the only thing I will think about now if I ever hear his name again. :mazen:

I'm generally skeptical of digging up old stuff to attack someone but GIRL :deadbanana4: This says a lot about him as a person

16 minutes ago, FOCK said:

And how is this different than any steak or roast served at a celebration  exactly? A sentient being still died. 

I came in expecting something bad but holy wow…

21 minutes ago, FOCK said:

The way the woke mob is always on the lookout for things to be outraged about.

I came in here like “oh god this is probably something so stupid” based off the title and peoples overreactions and was not prepared for that picture :rip: 

7 minutes ago, Nano said:

The way the woke mob is always on the lookout for things to be outraged about.

Nobody is going to "cancel" him, but do you really feel doing something like that is... okay? Because, girl... Go see a therapist or something. Literally psycho behavior.