Eurovision Song Contest 2023 | Loreen does it again!

Queen Conchita

23 hours ago, Blackthorn said:

News of the Estonian NF, Eesti Laul! 

Edited by Blackthorn
Stream Elina's "Goodbye to Yesterday" in honor of @abelfenty

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• khalyan

• BOOM!

• Fevesy

• Lil Mxnster

Voting for ESC Top 250 has opened and the results (so far) seem to have leaked

The Spanish fans had all the time in the world apparently

giphy.gif

Also Stefania flop

6 hours ago, Funhouse said:

Voting for ESC Top 250 has opened and the results (so far) seem to have leaked

The Spanish fans had all the time in the world apparently

Yikes. 

Anyway, Belgium NF news! 

Edited by Blackthorn
These fans are ruining all the fun tbh

On 11/8/2022 at 7:38 AM, Blackthorn said:

Yikes. 

Anyway, Belgium NF news! 

Yayy for Ameerah and Chérine!

On 10/27/2022 at 10:38 AM, Blackthorn said:

Here are the shortlisted acts for Vidbir '23!

On 11/9/2022 at 5:04 PM, Million_Lights said:

Yayy for Ameerah and Chérine!

Ooh I like what I'm hearing there! 

On 11/10/2022 at 4:50 PM, Apostolis said:

hi girls did you miss me i just got out of jail

WHAT!! :skull:

On 11/17/2022 at 9:29 AM, nathanspears said:

Loreen is rumoured to be doing Melfest!

Rumored to be a G:Son dance bop that she heard and liked and elevated in the studio. She's not locked in yet, and it will probably be like 2017 when she waited until the very last minute to agree to compete.

1 minute ago, Gogetonthebus said:

Rumored to be a G:Son dance bop that she heard and liked and elevated in the studio. She's not locked in yet, and it will probably be like 2017 when she waited until the very last minute to agree to compete.

:duca:

Where did you read that it's a dance bop? Or is it insider tea?

I really hope she does it, there will be a meltdown if she doesn't... by me

5 hours ago, nathanspears said:

:duca:

Where did you read that it's a dance bop? Or is it insider tea?

I really hope she does it, there will be a meltdown if she doesn't... by me

Aftonblade had the tea I believe. They have a pretty good track record on Melfest leaks.

Also Tone Sekelius is returning :clap3:

6 hours ago, Gogetonthebus said:

OMG! This would be the best thing to happen to Melodifestivalen since... 2012 really.

I don't think I could take another 2017 though! I never felt more disappointed in Sweden, people, ...the humanity. :cry3:

I saw Loreen perform Euphoria a few days ago (and earlier this year too) and it still absolutely hits live, but she does have a tendency to be drunk and/or messy at shows these days lol. If the rumour about her returning to Melfest is true I need her to get it together and bring her A game.

5 minutes ago, elvenOCEAN said:

OMG! This would be the best thing to happen to Melodifestivalen since... 2012 really.

I don't think I could take another 2017 though! I never felt more disappointed in Sweden, people, ...the humanity. :cry3:

Statements would have done really well at Eurovision too. Sweden's twink era was a fiasco across the board

16 minutes ago, Blackthorn said:

WHAT!!!! 

I kind of love that the world's gonna be able to vote now.

Bloc voting countries are shaking I just know it. :gaycat2:

I actually love this change and getting the jury out of the semi final is a good decision. Rest of the world being weighted as only one country is a good way to balance that as well. People will be mad but I think this could be great. 

14 hours ago, Funhouse said:

I saw Loreen perform Euphoria a few days ago (and earlier this year too) and it still absolutely hits live, but she does have a tendency to be drunk and/or messy at shows these days lol. If the rumour about her returning to Melfest is true I need her to get it together and bring her A game.

This makes me sad. Why drunk? I hope she's okay. Now I feel terrible for moaning about music.

I really like the changes in the voting system

Eurovision as a musical/visual event is much bigger than who wins in the end, so making SFs viewer-based only is a great way to ensure the grand final isn't filled with boring acts

and the rest of the world counting as a single country in voting is a great way to make eurovision fans in non-participant countries like me feel included without effectively changing the results :allears:

I do like the change for the semi-final situations, where only public votes.

Not sure how I feel about the non-participating countries being able to vote too. This is Eurovision after all and I don't think it would be fair

1 hour ago, nathanspears said:

This makes me sad. Why drunk? I hope she's okay. Now I feel terrible for moaning about music.

When she performed at Eurovision in Concert earlier this year she basically slurred her way through her songs and seemed kinda out of it when talking to the audience. She was also supposed to perform at the afterparty but never showed up.

She did seem to be in better spirits at Het Grote Songfestivalfeest last week though.

5 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

When she performed at Eurovision in Concert earlier this year she basically slurred her way through her songs and seemed kinda out of it when talking to the audience. She was also supposed to perform at the afterparty but never showed up.

She did seem to be in better spirits at Het Grote Songfestivalfeest last week though.

:dancehall: I hope she's okay, that doesn't sound great. Maybe I don't want her doing Melfest then.

I like non-participating countries getting to vote. It seems like it's more targeted at re-engaging countries that have dropped out and maintaining engagement with countries that are taking a year out. Since it only counts as one country, it shouldn't impact the final results.

I love the SF voting change. The juries have been flops for years, and the ballad bias has gone too far. The vote coordinating scandal last year just gave them cover to finally chop them from consideration during the SFs. Going all the way back to 2014, we would have had a better Grand Final with just televote in the Semis.

Verona would have qualified

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.