8. Taylor - 31.2M

9. Taylor - 31.1M

10. Taylor - 31.1M

OUT: Taylor - 31M

Taylor Swift - average daily Spotify streams in

May 2020 - 10.6M

2021 - 20.9M

2022 - 30.0M

Taylor Swift was officially the #1 most streamed female artist on Spotify of the month April 2022 with 810 MILLION streams. She is the 2nd most streamed artist on Spotify in 2022 behind Bad Bunny

No other female artist in the top 16 :skull:

3 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Herself

ejckte5.gif

she has no competition, I fear, specially from her peers

RiFKJgA.gif

Like vocally? Olivia maybe

Edited by BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

In terms of first week album release competition probably no one. Maybe Drake

Tbh nobody is competing with her anymore other than male acts. I am sorry but but something needs to happen. Female artist need to step up there game or gp clearly is just not clicking with female pop music. 

you hear Twitter/Stan culture speak a lot about female artist but the streams/numbers are just not there. I am not sure what’s going on anymore. Maybe Taylor swift truly is the last super star. 

Edited by Happylittlepunk

3 minutes ago, Brando said:

In terms of first week album release competition probably no one. Maybe Drake

In terms of streaming - Bad Bunny

In terms of touring - No one

In terms of sales - BTS

In terms of first weeks - No one

In terms of longevity - No one 

Considering Evermore, her most recent studio album, was outsold by 30, Sour, Planet Her, Future Nostalgia, 2 Weeknd albums and many more male albums in 2020, I'd say she's pretty middle of the pack. Obviously when you consider she's releasing music every couple of months and already has a 10 album lead on everyone else she's gonna have the biggest discography streams, but the new music just ain't selling. 

Edited by Chika
Spelling

Just now, Happylittlepunk said:

Tbh nobody is competing with her anymore other than male acts. I am sorry but but something needs to happen. Female artist need to step up there game or gp clearly is just not clicking with female pop music. 

you hear Twitter/Stan culture speak a lot about female artist but the streams/numbers are just not there. I am not sure what’s going on anymore. 

I mean ... Female streaming numbers are TRAGIC except for Taylor.

She is demolishing other female artists, without her there would be NO female artist in top 15 :skull:

Something needs to happen, Olivia should drop a new album and slay male artists again 

Right now? There's no competition, especially when it comes to female artists which is actually really unfortunate :toofunny2:

1. Bad Bunny

2. Whatever venture capitalists own her entire adolescence in music form

3. Satan

ejckte5.gif

1 minute ago, Chika said:

Considering Evermore, her most recent studio album, was outsold by 30, Sour, Planet Her, Future Nostalgia, 2 Weeknd albums and many more male albums in 2020, I'd say she's pretty middle of the pack. Obviously when you consider she's releasing music every couple of months and already has a 10 album lead on everyone else she's gonna have the biggest discography streams, but the new music just ain't selling. 

She doesn't acknowledged evermore exists and you compare an album with one single (that was in playlists for 2 weeks) with multiple singles/radio pushes/promos etc :skull: Why not compare red TV/lover/folklore/1989 with other albums ? 

Also her average album streams are so high that if you DELETE half of her albums she is still on top :

1. 1989 - 6.16M 2. Red - 5.535M 3. Lover - 3.975M

Total 15.66M

Doja Cat 15.1M 

There she goes, with only 3 albums she is on top :skull:

Edited by Ribs

4 minutes ago, Chika said:

Considering Evermore, her most recent studio album, was outsold by 30, Sour, Planet Her, Future Nostalgia, 2 Weeknd albums and many more male albums in 2020, I'd say she's pretty middle of the pack.

Respectfully, you have to be absolutely ignorant to say Taylor is in the "middle of the pack". Using evermore, a surprise release abandoned after its first week and released so quick to folklore, as some kind of argument that she isn't currently at the top of the pack is just stupid when she's been the most consumed female artist every single day since the start of the year :rip: 

You can quite literally double the daily units of the closest female artist to Taylor and you would still not match her :rip:

6 minutes ago, Ribs said:

I mean ... Female streaming numbers are TRAGIC except for Taylor.

She is demolishing other female artists, without her there would be NO female artist in top 15 :skull:

Something needs to happen, Olivia should drop a new album and slay male artists again 

The fact that Olivia rodrigo too is the only female artist to blew up instantly in the streaming age says a lot too. Perhaps both just have that Star quality that the gp subconsciously needs/wants from pop girls. Maybe Disney will be the answer in creating a new generation of pop girls during the streaming age. 

the only other bland and vanilla business savvy prominent figure in the music industry. scooter.

1 minute ago, dirrtydiana said:

the only other bland and vanilla business savvy prominent figure in the music industry. scooter.

Not a britney stan :bibliahh: 

Britney | MALUMA | Ariana Grande  | Little Mix | ZAYN

:skull:

Edited by Ribs

7 minutes ago, Ribs said:

She doesn't acknowledged evermore exists and you compare an album with one single (that was in playlists for 2 weeks) with multiple singles/radio pushes/promos etc :skull: Why not compare red TV/lover/folklore/1989 with other albums ? 

Also her average album streams are so high that if you DELETE half of her albums she is still on top :

Like I said, you remove all those albums and she still has like 8 more than Doja Cat, obviously she's gonna outstream :rip: Like what's not clicking. If Daja's like 2 albums were oustreaming all 20 of Taylpr's combined I'd be pretty damn worried :rip:

Let’s be real… At this point she’s only actually competing with The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Elton, Madonna, Barbra, Michael, etc. 

RiFKJgA.gif

The stats are all there, and it’s no longer appropriate to compare her to current MPGs or the 00s/10s icons, she’s crossing over into the legend lane and OTH will just have to cry 

RiFKJgA.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.