Calvin Harris, Normani, Tinashe & Offset - "New To You"

YoungDreamer

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

There is no obsession, I dont know if you realized but the song came out Friday 

I know the song came out on Friday. You asked a question being Normani. A shady one btw which I answered? This song is clearly not the one she's using to re-start her era.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• orange22

• Camilitau.u

• nuclear

• Armani?

1 hour ago, remming said:

I know the song came out on Friday. You asked a question being Normani. A shady one btw which I answered? This song is clearly not the one she's using to re-start her era.

It wasnt shady, it was blunt & honest.

The song aint it, but good to know this isnt the one she's using to rebuild hype.

19 hours ago, orange22 said:

C’mon promo!!

I saw this too and cackled a bit :dies: Promo is promo I guess!

Also this has kind of grown on me a lot. I’m still pissed at Calvin/his vocal mixing team for turning Normani into Siri, but other than the weird vocal effects, the chorus is catchy and it’s been stuck in my head for the last few days :toofunny2:

what a dreadful album im not reply other threads about FWB anymore, best song in that album here i cannot believe. if they send to radio, im on board for that cause. :foxaylove:

On 8/4/2022 at 2:12 AM, FreeXone said:

This song is AMAZING. Yall have no taste!

I agree. I love the song. Tough crowd to please.

19 hours ago, Armani? said:

It wasnt shady, it was blunt & honest.

The song aint it, but good to know this isnt the one she's using to rebuild hype.

That was you being messy as per usual. Be for real. 

51 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

That was you being messy as per usual. Be for real. 

The only one being messy is Normani releasing 2 consecutive mid tracks in a row 1 year after Wild Side with still no album date in sight 

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

The only one being messy is Normani releasing 2 consecutive mid tracks in a row 1 year after Wild Side with still no album date in sight 

It does suck that Normani has no control over when she releases, but that has nothing to do with this thread. Nobody would just a small bit of sense would suggest that this song is being used to -how did you put it - relaunch her era? Especially since she’s only on the chorus. Again be for real. You wanted to be messy and couldn’t just attack her vocals like everybody else. 

9 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

It does suck that Normani has no control over when she releases, but that has nothing to do with this thread. Nobody would just a small bit of sense would suggest that this song is being used to -how did you put it - relaunch her era? Especially since she’s only on the chorus. Again be for real. You wanted to be messy and couldn’t just attack her vocals like everybody else. 

The vocal criticism is valid I guess, but my main complaint was the lyrics and hook not aligning with the instrumental in my original post. 

& If the song was a hit, it would help relaunch her era regardless if she's just on the hook:skull: It keeps her name somewhat relevant

But we can agree to disagree instead of going back & forth

12 minutes ago, Armani? said:

The vocal criticism is valid I guess, but my main complaint was the lyrics and hook not aligning with the instrumental in my original post. 

& If the song was a hit, it would help relaunch her era regardless if she's just on the hook:skull: It keeps her name somewhat relevant

But we can agree to disagree instead of going back & forth

You really sat there thinking that singing the chorus 3 or 4 times on a 5 minute song was part of an intricate plot to "relaunch" her career?

It's a feature that Calvin wanted her on.

Anyway, this is the best song on the album. I'd recommend they send it to radio ( a 3.5 minute version) and make a music video. This is the one.

21 hours ago, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

Anyway, this is the best song on the album. I'd recommend they send it to radio ( a 3.5 minute version) and make a music video. This is the one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 12:49 PM, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

I'd love to see this!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.