Kendrick uses F-slur in song

favorite crime

14 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

Demetrius is Mary-Ann now
I mean he's really Mary-Ann, even took things further
Changed his gender before Bruce Jenner was certain

The intention of the song is that Kendrick chose his love of family over ignorance/religion, but these lyrics are not pro-trans…something can be intended to support something without it doing so.

id argue the above lyrics are even worse than the slur. In a verse, there is blatant misgendering, deadnaming, implying that someone is even “more trans” once they get surgery…

12 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Calling his trans aunt a “he” :deadbanana:

Using the correct pronouns is extremely hard to do for a relative you were accustomed to calling he/she for years, it’s not an easy change for most people.

My sister is trans and my parents & other relatives still refer to her as he/his sometimes despite supporting and paying for her transition from the start. 

What matters most is the intention. 

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

• Hephaestus

• Joey Coco

• Vermillion

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

The song could’ve had the exact same message and be pro lgbt without using a slur. What kind of nonsense.  

I wonder if they would have the same energy if a white person made a pro-black song using the n word :rip:

Just now, CaptainMusic said:

Using the correct pronouns is extremely hard to do for a relative you were accustomed to calling he/she for years, it’s not an easy change for most people.

My sister is trans and my parents & other relatives still refer to her as he/his sometimes despite supporting and paying for her transition from the start. 

What matters most is the intention. 

:clap3:

15 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Calling his trans aunt a “he” :deadbanana:

He has a trans uncle…not a trans aunt…which is also why the song is weird…

2 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

I wonder if they would have the same energy if a white person made a pro-black song using the n word :rip:

intention is all that matters :heart:

Here come the weirdos saying white people are justified in saying the n word now.

”If women want equal rights we should be able to punch them!1!1!” Tease

2 minutes ago, SashaDevachelli said:

Here come the weirdos saying white people are justified in saying the n word now.

”If women want equal rights we should be able to punch them!1!1!” Tease

That’s literally what Kendrick himself says in the last part of the song :rip: 

Just now, MAKSIM said:

:rip:

53 minutes ago, Ryan BTE said:

This is not doing what you thought it would. 

They have a point, problack people like Dave chappelle make it a point of mention that white lgbt people use antiblack slurs but it's literary purpose when Kendrick uses it because...storytelling?

So if a exracist yt gay and or trans rapper decides to depict their past by saying the n word, this would ring the same too, yes? Problack people would have no objections, yes?

what I find funny about this is, the Taylor swift girl did YNTCD and literally had lgbt people in her video and donated to lgbt org but was still called disingenuous and prolgbt for convenience,  not genuine development but kendrick does it by saying the fword and now everyone gotta act for the greater good.

It's just mad funny to me.

55 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

Acknowledging your former ignorance in using the word by using the word :rip:

I get that a rapper of his position making a pro-LGBT song / message is great… but like why say the slur? Bc ik damn well his straight fans gon feel real comfortable saying it.

mte

The song would’ve had the same message even without the slurs. There’s literally no point in normalizing the use of that word, even if In the context of a song.

Edited by Hephaestus

The song message is :clap3: he can say whatever he wants

7 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

WHAT THE **** :skull:

Kendrick is trash confirmed :skull:

1 hour ago, Аshanti said:

what community, exactly? 

The LGBTQ+

Just now, Last Boy on Earth said:

The LGBTQ+

Since when?

Is it time to finally acknowledge that Kendrick Lamar is overrated as a lyricist? Because these lyrics are not only offensive they're also kind of crap.

15 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

I think people are taking what he said too literally.:rip: I’m pretty sure the entire intention of the song is to point out that it was common for him and other men to be raised homophobic and to say these words. The whole point is to grow up and mature from that, which he says when he realizes the roles are reversed when the white girl at his concert said the n word. He isn’t out right telling white people it’s ok to say it now…

This doesn’t give people on here the excuse to start spewing racial slurs:rip:

Edited by SashaDevachelli

imagine Taylor swift made a song about racism and mentioned how in her past she would say the n word and actually said the n word ten times in the song...

28 minutes ago, mael said:

Another song for straights to normalize the word.

Vuf9tZB.gif

whew they'll be bopping right along

f****

Vuf9tZB.gif

f*****

Vuf9tZB.gif

f*******

Vuf9tZB.gif

Did he really have to say the word like 500 times though?...

:noparty:

Hmm ok, listened to the song (as a gay man myself) I personally didn't mind the first time he said it in the song (when he just said it once and it was with that sentence); I do think the three in row (said three times throughout the song) were unnecessary, but the way the song ends - I get it he's saying it's bad so don't say it, which is why though I don't think the three fs in a row should be in the song and he could have found another way cause didn't he just do what he said he shouldn't do? (I just don't think this should be a word people should be able to sing so easily three times in a row, cause it low key is normalizing it ).  But I get the meaning of the song and appreciate the pro LGBT+ message he's trying to send/say.

Edited by wren

2 minutes ago, SIDE2SIDE said:

imagine Taylor swift made a song about racism and mentioned how in her past she would say the n word and actually said the n word ten times in the song...

I wouldn't be that surprised, tbh.

Edited by Joey Coco

I don’t mind but I mind about his demographics (listeners) singing out loud like it’s nothing 

Gays not reading any of the other words in a sentence:

crushed noo GIF

1 minute ago, Hypertonic said:

Did he really have to say the word like 500 times though?...

:noparty:

No, but homophobia is still alive and rampant in the music industry so there was no one to step in and say that maybe making the hook of the song a slur that is the last word on Earth many gay men have heard as they are bashed to death is maybe not the best idea.