Kendrick uses F-slur in song

favorite crime

9 minutes ago, Safe&Sound said:

proof?

which song are you talking about? because Picture To Burn was released in 2006, so long ago

sis, this random drag you sent to me is proof you lack of comprehension :deadbanana4:

I talk about gays bias towards female artists in general

Gaga fans, stop taking anything personal

There’s actually not a lack of comprehension. It seems you’re the one who is lacking it.
Regardless of the year it came out, Taylor went as far as changing the lyric because she understood it was harmful— and calling someone “gay” is arguably more tame than using a straight up slur. 

Not you continuing to prove the points being made by this vapid response though. 

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

• Hephaestus

• Joey Coco

• Espresso

Top Posters In This Topic

He knew what he was doing so.. 

I don't use him anyways. 

I don't think the word is at the same point the n word is, culturally speaking in the US. It probably never will be. This probably seems okay to most of his listeners/the average American. The word "felt okay" to say like ten years ago for most kids/teens/etc... so maybe he'll backtrack in like 2032 when more time has passed. 

Edited by justinxx

im going to say this and keep it pushing idc to debate

the whole “this is just going to normalize straight men saying it!” argument is dumb. whoever was already saying it is just going to keep saying it and the one’s who know better are not. unless i’m missing something, I have yet to see an influx of straight men going out of their way to say it. if people paid attention to actual line, this outrage is literally proving the point he was trying to make. I believe that art should be uncensored and not everything has to be politically correct if it’s being used to convey a positive message. People who are ACTUALLY offended by this are entitled to feel upset because at the end of the day he did say a slur but they’re being overcrowded by diet racist white twinks who already **** on hip hop and stereotype black male rappers so when I first learned about the outrage, I didn’t take the **** seriously because it didn’t seem genuine from some people ? especially with their post histories 

with that being said, even though I know it WON’T, I hope this gives some members perspective. all the racial gaslighting, transphobia and your hatred for nonbinary is wack af. so many of you keep saying straight men can’t say the eff word, but in other threads you’re claiming the n word is just a word that everyone should be able to use and quote in a song and how black rappers shouldn’t use it if they don’t want others to. guess what? they just used the ***. a word that this site constantly uses. you see how dumb the argument “don’t use it if you don’t want others to” is now? this site is constantly displaying internalized homophobia, calling each other sissies, bottoms, faggots, and other homophobic terms (not to mention BULLY Shawn Mendes because you think he’s gay) that straight people use to disenfranchise you and now you’re trying to blame Kendrick, who was trying to call out the ignorance behind it and was trying to be pro LGBT, for normalizing it for his fans to say? I pray this teaches you to learn how to be ******* empathetic to people who are being misgendered and have to hear the n word from non black people, the same way you want people to be when you have to hear the *** :heart:

Edited by Bussea

2 minutes ago, Bussea said:

the whole “this is just going to normalize straight men saying it!” argument is dumb. whoever was already saying it is just going to keep saying it and the one’s who know better are not. unless i’m missing something, I have yet to see an influx of straight men going out of their way to say it. if people paid attention to actual line, this outrage is literally proving the point he was trying to make. I believe that art should be uncensored and not everything has to be politically correct if it’s being used to convey a positive message. People who are ACTUALLY offended by this are entitled to feel upset because at the end of the day he did say a slur but they’re being overcrowded by diet racist white twinks who already **** on hip hop and stereotype black male rappers so when I first learned about the outrage, I didn’t take the **** seriously because it didn’t seem genuine from some people ? especially with their post histories 

with that being said, even though I know it WON’T, I hope this gives some members perspective. all the racial gaslighting, transphobia and your hatred for nonbinary is wack af. so many of you keep saying straight men can’t say the eff word, but in other threads you’re claiming the n word is just a word that everyone should be able to use and quote in a song and how black rappers shouldn’t use it if they don’t want others to. guess what? they just used the ***. a word that this site constantly uses. you see how dumb the argument “don’t use it if you don’t want others to” is now? this site is constantly displaying internalized homophobia, calling each other sissies, bottoms, faggots, and other homophobic terms that straight people use to disenfranchise you and now you’re trying to blame Kendrick, who was trying to call out the ignorance behind it and was trying to be pro LGBT, for normalizing it for his fans to say? I pray this teaches you to learn how to be ******* empathetic to people who are being misgendered and have to hear the n word from non black people, the same way you want people to be when you have to hear the *** :heart:

:clap3:

He could've just made the point without repeating the word like 10 times. Even a lot of gays don't feel comfortable with using it publicly. But whatever i guess :)

29 pages... :lmao: :lmao:

Well then, Kendrick you made it. 

39 minutes ago, Bussea said:

with that being said, even though I know it WON’T, I hope this gives some members perspective. all the racial gaslighting, transphobia and your hatred for nonbinary is wack af. so many of you keep saying straight men can’t say the eff word, but in other threads you’re claiming the n word is just a word that everyone should be able to use and quote in a song and how black rappers shouldn’t use it if they don’t want others to. guess what? they just used the ***. a word that this site constantly uses. you see how dumb the argument “don’t use it if you don’t want others to” is now? this site is constantly displaying internalized homophobia, calling each other sissies, bottoms, faggots, and other homophobic terms (not to mention BULLY Shawn Mendes because you think he’s gay) that straight people use to disenfranchise you and now you’re trying to blame Kendrick, who was trying to call out the ignorance behind it and was trying to be pro LGBT, for normalizing it for his fans to say? I pray this teaches you to learn how to be ******* empathetic to people who are being misgendered and have to hear the n word from non black people, the same way you want people to be when you have to hear the *** :heart:

:clap3::clap3:

-------------

And the nerve to say someone is not a good lyricist because he's relating a situation when kids used to yell "****" 7 times. 

What a place. 

On 5/13/2022 at 9:37 AM, HeavyMetalAura said:

I’m not going to engage with people who are defending a straight man using a gay slur, but I do want to just generally apologize to any gay people reading this who have to, on a forum comprised primarily of LGBTQ+ people, defend being offended by it. Y’all are being gaslit and it’s really sad. I honestly didn’t expect people would be grasping at straws to defend this pretending that “context” is ok.

We all know that other marginalized communities get extended far more empathy when people use slurs against them in any “context”, and despite the exact same logic, people want to gaslit LGBTQ+ people into thinking it’s “not the same.” It’s the exact same logic whether people want to admit it or not. It’s so disheartening to read people grasping at straws to defend this, as well as people having to defend why they’re offended by the use of a slur used seven times.  :rip: 

:clap3:

It’s amazing how many members with “straight” plastered on their profile are getting so bold in defending the use of a slur that has nothing to do with them. Locking because the arguments have been hashed out and are tired. 

• ATRL Administrator

We are discussing how to reopen the thread. When we do I have some opinions that I will share. But one thing is for certain no one should have their feelings dismissed simply because one doesn’t agree with it.